AV preamdes and the Blizzard End User License Agreement

How can you join AV with a raid premade like Alliance can?

Even if you could, it’s an unfair advantage to the alliance that doesn’t use this exploit.

By using the same method? I mean, you’ll be in queue for an hour each game, but that’s faction balance for you.

You can’t though. You will not end up in the same Battleground. If you could, this would not be an issue. The unfair advantage part.

Yes, you would.

No you wouldn’t.

But whatever. Silly to say yes and no back and forth.

The system does not allowed raid premades in AV so if you circumvents this then it’s an exploit that grants you and unfair advantage for both your own and opposite faction.

I await evidence m9

You made the claim first.

Never seen more than 5 man parties in the same AV. No “raid groups”.

Exactly! You are not meant to be able to queue as a raid, so when people circumvents this and queue with more than 5 players using an exploit, it’s against the rules because this exploit gives an unfair advantage to people that doesn’t use this exploit.

Still awaiting acknowledgement of the widespread abuse of the Alliance backdoor that occurs essentially every game. I genuinely think you’re gonna have to ban half of the Horde population at this point.

1 Like

As far as I understand. Jumping is not an exploit in battlegrounds as long as other players can reach and attack you.

As expected. Horde exploiting is fine, ALIANS BAD GUISE MUST BANN!!!111!!

Go back to digging through your EULA.

2 Likes

As far as I know. All jumps from all players on all factions are allowed as long as other players can reach and attack them.

Really awkward since there is precedence for the opposite. Several WSG jumps have explicitly been ruled as exploits.

1 Like

Do you have a source for that claim? I am honestly interested. Even though its offtopic.

That has nothing to do with this thread, exploit or not. This thread is about the creation of AV premades, not what is done inside the battleground. Why are you demanding that OP adress this off-topic thing?

There is at least one Reddit post with screencaps of GMs contacting them and issuing warnings regarding use of terrain exploits like the Alliance GY jump and Horde fence jump.

While not directly so, it’s still somewhat topical as it serves to narrow down the definition of an exploit. I’m still very indifferent on AV premading, and they could fix it today for all I care, PvP in Vanilla is a joke anyway. What I DO care about is the other blatant exploit that (almost) exclusively benefits the Horde going almost entirely unmentioned and will most likely never be fixed.

PS: And the accompanying hypocrisy of the majority of Horde posters complaining about premading

Ok, interesting, but first, that’s far from “explicitly been ruled as exploits”, there are a several examples of uninformed GMs making weird claims in classic. But hey, it may be true, I don’t know. I still don’t know.

Have you ever seen a GM make any claim about Av backdoor jumps that you first commented on?

I have not, but it is a clearly unintended terrain bug that entirely circumvents map design.

Russians use it to win base races and end games in 6 mins, the majority of Horde plaeyrs use it to early cap the Aid Station and both bunkers.

1 Like

Regarding the formation of premades in AV, the definition from the EULA should be extremely clear.

“influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods”

This definition can not be applied what you claim to be an exploit.