Battle.net app keeps initializing and reclaiming disc space for WoW

There is no solution yet.

This thing started at thursday night after they opened name res for som servers.
Still no solution.

Unfortunately it doesn’t. You are unable to play as you are required to ‘update’ (there is no play button)

I have it set (as I always have) to ‘Never Automatically Apply Updates’ but you still get this (I know it is the PTR but it is the same for retail

https://i.imgur.com/1JPH2jv.png

I’ve got the same issues. Blizz remains silent as usual.

Everytime I boot up the computer or start the Battle.net app retail WoW and TBC Classic is updating. TBC is at 100% immediately and retail at 0% but none of them does anything.
I have to restart the app for them to slowly complete.

It began after 9.1.5

I doubt there’s a new update each time. How can I resolve this?

1 Like

See this thread:

Happened to me to. I started the battle.net app as admin one time and that gave it permission to do whatever it needed to do. After that it stopped and you don’t have to run as admin.

1 Like

This worked for me, ran as admin and the updates stopped after four days. Cheers.

Hello

If like me you are experiencing issues with the launcher and wish to play;

Go to where the game is saved on your hard drive (for example)

C:\World of Warcraft_classic_

WowClassic icon at the bottom > right click > OPEN (bypass the Battlenet Launcher).

The problem is still there. I saw the flag on bnet where they said they were aware of the issue, but they have removed it so in case they think it’s fixed, it is not.

5 Likes

it is seems it fixed

I still have the same issue, though with the Hearthstone Client.

Still not working for me. Did you do anything to fix it?

I did not do anything. I opened the app and it start to update with a small patch.

this STILL hasnt been fixed over a week since it started! come on blizzard this is terrible customer service!!!

Change the App version from Beta to Standard or vice versa. Worked for me.

I cannot believe the silence on blizzards part with this?! how much money do you get from our subscriptions?! people have taken time off work to enjoy a new launch and again you seem to mess it up.

1 Like

They aren’t silent. They just aren’t answering every single individual post with the same information that they have already stated in the thread.

They will only post if the information they have changes.

Stopped doing it for me (I’m on the beta launcher and have been the whole time) .

That would be the ideal case.
But that simply is not transparent enough. Without any kind of feedback we don’t know if they are working on it, or if they think it is fixed.
They removed the ribbon, indicating they are aware of and working on the issue, in the Battle-Net App after all…

1 Like