Blue post confirms that Alliance players were wrong about same-faction BGs šŸ’Æ

Before this test, most players who joined the queue were unable to get a match, sometimes after waiting for over an hour and/or dropping out of the queue altogether. This was particularly unfortunate at some times of day or in some regions. During the test, BG queue times became short and reliable for both factions.

This fragment confirms my statement about positive reception from this thread: HvH was received extremely positively and must be restored without undue delay āœ…

Players are able to actually play the game now and not drop out of the queue after endless waiting, what a shocker. NOT ONLY THAT! The post says queues have become more reliable for both factions. The results are splendid and align with what I was claiming all along!

Prior to the first test, we wondered if the queue was having an effect on PvP in the outdoor world, and we now have data showing that when same-faction Battlegrounds were available, PvP deaths in the outdoor world were very close to 50/50 between the factions.

This fragment confirms my thesis set in this thread: Alliance benefited more from same faction PvP than Horde

Alliance is the faction that benefited more from this change and should appreciate it instead of crying on these forums all day long. This fragment confirms that ganking has subsided to comparable levels, this is fantastic news and agrees with what I was saying for the past 2 weeks.

Similarly, win-rates for the two factions when facing the other faction in Battlegrounds were close to 50/50.

Again, this means everything is more fair now. Itā€™s a shame they havenā€™t mentioned anything about premades which need to be addressed as well but overall this response is a very good step towards permanently enabling same-faction BGs in TBC. Itā€™s fantastic and I look forward to seeing it restored.

25 Likes

Can you read? What does this confirm? They donā€™t even know what they tested for. They said they were interested to see how the wpvp k/d ratio for the factions were PRIOR to the test. And then they said they took the metric DURING the test (thats btw just 4-5 days?) and realized that the wpvp k/d ratio is 50/50. What test is that? In the worst case, this test says absolutely nothing. In the best case scenario, what they are saying here is that, with introducing these instant queues, they managed to lower the k/d ratio of Ally vs Horde in Wpvp to 50:50 (for 5 days mind you). Its no surprise that the majority faction on most PvP servers has a better Kill ratio over the minority faction. You have 60 people on your side, there is a pretty good chance you gonna murder more than the other side that only has 40 ppl. Im not sure how these findings are surprising. All it says is that horde ganks less in wpvp (cause of shorter queues obviously) which they did before to make up for the honor loss. Its very very surprising indeed.

Thats all that says. I have no idea what they were testing, why it was even remotely conclusive after just a few days. Its absolutely useless and completely ignores the argument alliance is making as a whole.

How is it more fair now? They didnā€™t post the win/loss ratios from before the change. Honestly I do not see how it would have changed at all. How do HvH Bgs (or AvA Bgs) have any impact on the data for AvH in BGS? They specifically state that the win ratio between the factions is 50%. But that does not mean the win/lose ratio was any different before the test. The test itself had no impact on AvH. And I can assure you that most pugs game on ally side are a lose, and the games ally wins are made out of premades. How that is relevant to AvA or HvH is beyond me.

Your title is absolutely absurd. This isnā€™t even what Ally players hate about the same faction BGs

15 Likes

B-but the literal only reason to play alliance is totally destroyed with same faction bgs!!

Also horde racials are super op, horde wins 90% of BGs!!! ally racial totally useless in pvpā€¦

We also always get ganked 24/7 in open world as wellā€¦

Faction balance is horrible and it is the reason for this!!!

Omg u kill ally faction totaly it will be retail!!

Please do not let hordes be able to do BGs and also make raids unavailable for them unless they que 5 hours in front of karazhan! Otherwise ally faction no point in playingā€¦

10 Likes

You know what? If ally really benefited more than we are telling you ally dont need it, its not worth for retail change. Thank horde for help we are done now

4 Likes

Ofc faction balance is the cause of this, ghow could you not agree with that?

Hahahaha this is so funny. I think they wonā€™t admit they were wrong and will just deny the results. Or am I wrong?

It also says that win rates were close to 50/50 so I wonder what caused this, maybe the fact that Alliance had a month and a half to farm the gear easily and Horde didnā€™t? How is this fair now?

2 Likes

Guys most of this horde ppl who cry for HvH bgs will get bored TBC after 3-4 months cuz this expansion is not for all and if u hard push at early then only what u have left is afk in shat.

5 Likes

Of course they havenā€™t shared pre-test metrics because they donā€™t want to expose how bad it is for the alliance. But the mere fact they even mentioned it means that it was worse than 50:50, i.e. alliance were getting ganked HARD and itā€™s more fair now because itā€™s even. You need to read between the lines, they wonā€™t share data from before the test that makes them look bad!

4 Likes

Um better racials is also reason to play alliance?
Also ā€˜lore authetic etcā€™?

1 Like

Well we will never know since they do not post anything prior. That said, the wording they used in the blue post means absolutely nothing. IF you are correct in your assessment, all you do is bolster allianceā€™s argument that this HvH bg change would be bad. It would lead to worse faction imbalance overall, and enhance the issue.
You playing yourself here.

And by giving horde the instant queues, do you think more people will roll horde (long term) or less? And if more people roll horde, would that help alliance in the long term or not? Think this through for just a minute mate.

Come on manā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the problem with your approach. Youā€™re attempting to apply scientific thinking to interpret the results of this test based on incomplete information and in the absence of missing pieces your conclusion is very likely incorrect. Yes, we need to speculate a bit here to fill the gaps, we need an interpretation that fills these gaps with the aid of psychology, politics and probability.

The only reason they even mentioned these metrics is very likely because they looked really bad prior to that test, and as I said before, they wouldnā€™t share them to confirm the bias and admit Alliance is losing the war ā€“ probably because the imbalance was so bad. What we do know is that with HvH world PVP is FAIR even though faction imbalance still exists.

Given the above, your view is clearly incorrect. One of the reasons why people didnā€™t want to play alliance was the fact that they were ganked into quitting. Having to corpse-run 3-4 times before you get into an instance is no fun by any means. With 50:50 ganking ratio this is no longer a concern and therefore more players will be able to play the game.

Another fallacy you submit to is the argument that people roll horde only due to racials and PVP. This is also incorrect.

Bottom line is that this change was good for both sides of the conflict and should return ASAP.

Bro, based on their ā€œfindingsā€ you made a post titled

ā€œBlue post confirms that Alliance players were wrong about same-faction BGsā€

Do you see the irony here or not?

So you think, adding Incentives for people to roll horde even harder is the solution to this problem?

Do you even read what you type?

That is unless faction balances do not shift any further based on the HvH change (smth Lizzard obviously does not calculate or even mention). Not to mention that once these Allys are 70, they still have to deal with the issue of having way less people. Thanks to ā€œbrilliantā€ changes like HvH Bgs.

Right, thats why the PvP server split (and thats just based on PvE metrics btw) is already 40:60.

Everyone knows WotF is bad, everyone knows Hardiness is badā€¦ Man its 2021, stop trying to fool anyone. Any guide online will recommend horde for PvP. They all do.

Well that ā€œfactā€ is rather biasedā€¦ and not a ā€œfactā€ at all. Maybe stop talking out of your behind?

Alliance population is in a constant decline because most alliance players are pepegas who afk on BGs and would rather ignore a world pvp bout than help you out. Real PVPers donā€™t want to play alongside victims. It has nothing to do with racials. BG queues were long since classic and despite that alliance population collapsed.

3 Likes

Alliance never asked for retail changes to stop ganking or improve winrates. If they didnā€™t want to be ganked, they REROLLED pve, or did want to win 100% AV, REROLL horde, just like horde trolls have been telling us since P2.

They donā€™t want this retail-like change because it has precipitated UNHEALTHILY DECLINING SERVER POPULATIONS and ultimately makes this game overall something that is not classic but as ā€œā€""ā€œhypeā€"""" as retail.

4 Likes

Listen man, i know you think its ā€œfactionā€ basedā€¦ but thats just human nature. Horde side isnā€™t any more ā€œsoldier esqueā€ than ally is. Its the queue times, i hate to break it to you. If Horde gets instant queues, ppl will afk in drones there too. Because thats just how ppl are.

You arenā€™t a tauren IRL, i hope you understand that.

1 Like

Server population on my server was GROWING till 2 weeks ago when trade chat about hvh started. Check ironforge pro.

Yea i too get messages in my world chat about ppl wanting to trade money excessively ally/horde side, or just asking for boosts out of rerol sympathy.

As usual Lizzard does not think about long term changes.

Pservers are unfortuantely the way to go

1 Like

Oh you have, P2 was ended way sooner than it should have . Nobody forces you to play, the change has no effect on you and the best you can do is stop crying about it.

Listen man, i know you think its ā€œfactionā€ basedā€¦ but thats just human nature. Horde side isnā€™t any more ā€œsoldier esqueā€ than ally is. Its the queue times, i hate to break it to you. If Horde gets instant queues, ppl will afk in drones there too. Because thats just how ppl are.

This is also incorrect. In P2 alliance lost across all servers, even if they had the numerical advantage or there was a 50:50 balance (e.g. asgbringer, you could make at most 3 steps before a rogue showed up). BG queues are one thing, but thereā€™s something more to the fact that alliance is constantly bullied.

I have no sympathy for the alliance or crybabies claiming priv servers are better. Nowadays itā€™s either WoW classic or youā€™re done. There is no alternative, private servers are much worse, but if you want to roll a priv server just because of HvH be my guest.

Ally never had a numerical advantageā€¦ what? There were some servers that had more ally, but the overal split was always in favour of horde. Since day 1.
Are you trolling? Just check the numbers.

Well private servers actually try to offer the real game unlike Lizzard does. TBCC with HvH is for retail kids like you that need all those sweet changes you get in shadowlands.
I bet you want dual spec too.

I donā€™t care about dual spec, I want to be able to play the game, and if youā€™re upset that horde players get instant queues Iā€™m sorry, but thatā€™s just the way it gotta be.

Ally never had a numerical advantageā€¦ what? There were some servers that had more ally, but the overal split was always in favour of horde. Since day 1.
Are you trolling? Just check the numbers.

I literally said that for some servers where population balance was in favour of alliance, it still lost in P2 (Ashbringer/earthshaker). Trust me, I was there, on allianceā€™s side and it took 4-5 corpse runs to get to BRD.