Clarifying the process for unlocking mechagnomes

We’re seeing some confusion on how to unlock mechagnomes, we have applied a change this evening and want to take a moment to clarify the process. First off, the following achievements need to be completed on any character on the same account:

• Rustbolt Rebellion
  • The Mechagonian Threat

If you have done these achievements on any Alliance character(s), you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind on that character and start the unlock questchain with Aysa Cloudsinger and accepting the quest “Urgent Care”.

If you have done these achievements on a Horde character, you will then need to login on a level 120 Alliance character.

• If this character has already completed the Mechagon Island intro questline that ends with the quest “Welcome To The Resistance”, then the character can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and pick up the quest “Urgent Care” from Aysa Cloudsinger to start the Allied Race unlock questline.
  • If this character has not unlocked Mechagon Island, you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and Gila Crosswires will have the quest “Fame Waits For Gnome One” which will lead the character through the Mechagon Island unlock process which then leads to the mechagnome unlock questline. If you are in this situation, you will not need to go to Nazjatar.

We are also currently in the process of resolving a bug that is affecting the Allied Race banner UI and causing additional confusion, but in the meantime the steps outlined above should help unlock the mechagnomes for those who qualify.

Thank you for your understanding!

1 Like

Ez Pz
in 10 char

boo! still have to drag myself into a dungeon!! :frowning:

I have all of those done and I STILL am not seeing the damn quest show up…

EDIT: logged in on a random 120 alliance alt, and its showing up. But not on my main, who actually did everything…ok then

I’d have so much fun with my Mechagnome if Kelsey Steelspark were spawned :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

didnt you learn your lesson in legion with the professions. Dungeon prerequisites are just poor design.

it’s not like you haven’t changed achievements in the past. Dividing the community when there’s what 11 months to the next expansion (this patch being a money grab with the deathknights that probably failed) is just poor all round.

1 Like

i finished Kelsey Steelpark quest line and got mechagnome race, but why she offeres quest to my other chars? Allied race unlock quest used to account wide.

You can do it on multiple alts ( for the story ) if im right? i could do the legion allied races quest on different alts.

How did you get her to appear?

So thats why others can’t find her!
Shes busy giving the quest to all your alts XD

1 Like

Not really, previous account wide quests were taken in embassy, this time Kelsey stood in Boralus and gave me personal quest

I did nothing, she stands near fountain down boralus inn and offers quest.

i am deeply sorry :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Did you get the quest from SW first tho ?

No she was right there when i logged in, i was on boralus ship with table. i got teleport to embassy from scenario just to finish unlock and get mount.

Not only a dungeon, it is a mythic dungeon! As a casual gamer (3 horde 120s, 4 alliance 120s, none above i423), mythics are way, way beyond my reach. I gritted my teeth and did the Boralus storyline with all the dungeons to get the Kul Tiras AR but that was LFR all the way - and I struggle with that. The only way I got through the last heroic dungeon was because the healer in the PuG was brilliant (and I did watch several YouTube vids about how to do it).

Seeing this took the wind out of my sails for 8.3 - I’m really not that bothered about the Horror stuff as most things I’ve read seem to imply it’s probably beyond my abilites. Mostly annoyed that I took the time and effort to get to Exalted with the rustbolt rebellion for nothing. I got to revered for flying and swore I’d not set foot back on the damn island again - but then mechagnomes were touted, so I went back, all for nowt.

And yes I saw that they’re splitting the Mechagon dungeon/raid (whatever it is) into 2 dungeons, that you could run on heroic - still not worth it.

1 Like

Will try a few other alliance chars, ty tho

Will add myself to the list of people with “Urgent Care” problems.
Like many others, I can pick up the quest from the embassy in Stormwind on my level 120 characters yet Kelsey Steelspark remains missing from the Boralus Fountain.
The amount of people reporting this seems limited on the EU forums yet the US ones have a boatload of reports:

Hopefully, this can be fixed soon.

EDIT: She has now show up, allowing me to deliver and continue the quest.

Its either a bug for all Horde mains or we have to farm Exalted and kill Mechagon. Blizzard Trolled us HARD.

Well I am alliance and I had 0 issues unlocking them, so maybe you are on to Something :thinking:

It has to be a bug. The blue post at the top mentions the unlocking of these requirements specifically for horde mains.

It’s even bugged in the sense that when I checked on my 120 rogue, who hasn’t done any 8.2 content at all (so also no Mechagon), she could pick up BOTH quests from the Stormwind Embassy. That being “Urgent Care” AND “Fame Waits For Gnome One.”

Which already contradicts how they outlined it should work.

1 Like

So why is Horde getting an alliance allied race again? :nerd_face: