Continuous Issue of being stuck on Loading Screens

• first of all, I don’t know what you consider few people but what I see here and play every day is not a few, I think the issue affected more than 10000 users in EU servers.
  • second “something I have personally never seen!” shows you are either so low on knowledge or experience and you do not have minimum requirements to even find the issue, I have CCNA, CCNP and have a Ph.D. in telecom engineering and work for a computer network company for over 8 years now! the packet loss issue is because of huge load on the router to respond to ICMP packets if the next and before node latencies are logical
  • third, I don’t see any place that you acknowledge your side is faulty and causing problems to players. what happens to all the time we have wasted waiting for your game and server to load?
    As you mentioned there is no ETA on the fix so the minimum thing blizzard can for its Loyal costumers and players is to restore the wasted game time to their accounts.
    Your support level just went so low and we can’t really consider it because of the Corona outbreak situation since I like every other IT related person can do work from home, as should blizzard support be …
    we still waiting for confirmation from your side, to know what the issue is and what is the workaround/fix for the issue… (the tinniest thing support should do)
3 Likes

Ok, this game has turned into an unbearable mess recently. I am constantly flying into zones that won’t have the NPCs loaded and my character gets stuck there without the ability to cast or do anything. After exiting out of the game and trying to get back into playing that toon again, I either face this infinite loading screen that gets stuck after the bar gets filled up completely or partially, or it would get me into the game but I would still be in this barren zone with no NPCs going around. I would queue dungeons and when I’m ported I will get stuck in the loading screen until I get booted out with this “Transfer aborted: Instance not found” error. Resetting the interface by deleting the WTF, Cache and interface folders won’t help either BUT, Sometimes I would be able to get to make the game work for my stuck characters by deleting everything in the retail folder and repairing the game. That works only when I’m in Boralus, Dalaran, or any other high pop shard. So I assume its a CRZ problem. By doing this, I somehow reset the state of my character and have it assigned to another shard. If I get stuck in someplace that isn’t as populated is an instant “RIP until next weekly maintenance” for me. Getting 10 characters unstuck in an 8-hour cooldown on the support site isn’t really feasible either.

My characters will get unstuck after every weekly maintenance until they get stuck again going to another zone or porting to another dungeon, and because of that, I am pretty sure it’s not a client-side issue. I have used different connections from different ISPs, even tried to load into those characters from a different machine. It is also worth mentioning that I have tried everything there is on the support pages. I even did a clean Windows install after reformatting my drives and updating my OS and drivers to the latest version. Redownloading the game didn’t help either. I even did a registry purge of all things related to WoW before I reinstalled the game.

Keep in mind that this is not a connection issue either. I am still able to view the trade chat or LFG chat in the rare case that I am able to load into a stuck toon.

1 Like

ihave saim problem

1 Like

wake up plz !!! Luvlyluv-Ravencrest
I got a ticket, but it’s 9 days to answer!
It’s been 4 days now, but it’s still 9 days! really !
I know there is a coronavirus, but as usual in all countries you can work at home. We pay for this game and expect to solve this problem as soon as possible

Indeed I did and consider it noted :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for running those tests, just letting you know I have seen them :slight_smile:

Indeed I did. I can understand that from different points of view that term might seem a bit disingenious however I mean no disrespect by it. It is a fact that not everyone is affected by this but I do appreciate it is still a large number of people. By the term “few”, I do not mean just one or two people.

Thanks for that snippet, I have sent it along to be considered.

Im super sorry to hear about your experience Dariush, that certainly is not the epic support that one should expect from Blizzard Entertainment. As I have mentioned before there are many issues at play here and not everyone is affected by the same issue. In your case though if its not a corrupt game file causing the message then it may be related to the ongoing issue we have. I can only apologise I do not have a solution for you at this time.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me, it’s much appreciated. It is true that I am not a network engineer, we blue posters are here to help collect information and send it on to those that can investigate matters further. We do have some understand of what to spot and I still stand by my earlier statement in that packet loss as shown in that test being consistently the same across all hops was something I had never personally seen in all my years.

Thank you for the time you took to write that post. It does sound like you are suffering from alot of different issues and I do recommend to write up a ticket when you can. Include as much information as you can with the ticket including any steps you have tried.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same issue, time to time, I get stuck on loading screen and then the error pops up that the “world server is down.”

and sometimes it says instance not found…

This seems like a network issue from server side. (maybe a FW configuration went wrong.)

Regards,
Ithin

FYI the issue came to happen as I mentioned it in another post.
The day you enabled cross-realm mythic of Ny’alotha Mythic, there was an issue you could exploit to kill bosses in mythic, go out, reset and go in accept a 0/12 save ID the first boss again and kill the bosses again and get loot again from them… blizzard did an emergency server shutdown at 11:00 PM and an 80MB patch which fixed the issue, but the wave of having severe disconnects and loading screens bug and instance not found rise.
Also being aware of the issue doesn’t mean you acknowledge the problem is by blizzard side, you can just prepare a hotfix and fix the issue and then say the issue was solved by itself and never take responsibility for it!!

1 Like

alirght i dont think if any of these ppl in here and game will care whats the problem and where is coming from … can we ask when you think this problem will be solved ?! becuz its been 21 days now … and its just getting worst …somtimes turning off warmode and on will help … but for real i dont even want to log in with any of my stuck charecters … i feel like i dont want to play after 13 years now … this is a shame for billizard ! the question is --> when do you think this problem will be fixed ?! tell us so we wont charge our acount untill that day …

2 Likes

some updates on this issue :

1- As many already noted,using VPNs can solve the issue.
2- Sometimes I also get stuck on Flight Masters paths (for example I took a flight path from Dazar’alor to Nazmir and when I get there the character didn’t get dismounted. After a relog I suddenly entered the game in the middle of the air,falling down without being able to use any abilities.
3- I found a way to somehow get through the loading screen stuck bug. I found out the loading works fine only if I enter the instances like dungeons and raids before anyone else in the party and the instance should’ve been reset by the leader before I go in. any other way the loading gets stuck at 0% and after a relog it gets stuck at something like 80-90%. You have to get kicked from the party in order to be able to log back.
4- It also happens on city portals but much less than instances with parties. Usually gets solved by logging into another character,waiting for about 10minutes and then log back into the frozen character.

I came back to this game from Cata and I can’t describe how unsatisfied I am. :frowning:

it all about instances,
if you are the first guy entering an instance you are the one requesting a server for the instance to come up, and that server can have a faulty route to you or anyone else, which can cause the problem, but if anyone else could enter before you it means the new instance server is working correctly and everyone else can also enter the instance cause they are in same instance server.
same goes with flying and portal, as you fly or use portal, you go through different instance servers and when you fly around you might just enter a faulty server instance and the issue will be there waiting for you. you simply don’t see the loading cause it is happening in background, but it is halted in there. so a simple relog will make you appear in the instance entering spot where you lost the connection with the new instance server (assuming it was mid air) and you just fall down.

Thank you for the summation. It is vital though that we get connection tests from everyone affected by this and those tests must be as recent as possible. This will help the people investigating the mattter.

how in earth connection test of mine and the other guy in other country matters when the error msg is : WORLD server is down??? All this problems just started after unlocking crossrealm mythic raid! you keep saying we care we care, we’re sorry, we dont know why! and suddenly replaying new ticket with : delete cache, delete x, y… ! wtf ? why should my cache can cause packet lost and server down issue? …

It helps greatly because then we know which server is causing the problem and if you both are being affected by the same server or if there is more than one server that needs looked at.

If you are currently affected by this issue Evaangeline, please do reply to this thread with a WinMTR test. I ask again to everyone that looks at this thread or who has replied to it before, please please please respond with a WinMTR test.

If you don’t, we cannot continue our investigation.

1 Like

guys lets provide Jingoraitin with enough information with our WinMTR tests so he can gather enough information and send them to experts and solve this problem… stop complaining in every post. we are living in weird time with all the crap that is going on with the world. if we don’t cooperate together we can’t solve this problem. the test is actually pretty easy and straight forward (the link above has all the steps u need to do in it). let’s solve this problem!

if you can not obtain a log file from your server side or investigate how many instance not found log messages are in there, or even enable advanced logs in the server log history, i really doubt you can even investigate anything!!!
i will upload and post the links here but i am willing to hear what step is the current investigation on right now?!

3 Likes

i am pretty sure this problem is not from the network or connection as they ask us to use that app.i kinda tested some theories and experiments regarding this matter and i am 99% sure its from the blizzards cross-realm system that fails to transfer some characters through realms.as i mentioned i have tested some theories like moving in borders of cities multiple times with groups of people from different realms(in destination location) and eventually it disconnects (not even in a loading) in transferring character through the realm and when i change the realm of destination it fixes the problem.

WinMTR Without VPN: https://pastebin.com/raw/40D4pMdz
Looking glass Ravencrest Without VPN: https://pastebin.com/raw/V5Fa8Vks

WinMTR With VPN: https://pastebin.com/raw/RZvh0pPJ
Looking glass Ravencrest With VPN: https://pastebin.com/raw/1m32gqFK

Here are WinMTR results :

https://controlc.com/51632fb4
https://controlc.com/c0c18d53
https://controlc.com/23a301c8

Regards,
Illiumn

They just wanna kill your time so you live in an illusion of being supported! That was amazing their second staff asked me “OK! all reports are deleted, send us again”. It’s like I’m working for them lol

2 Likes

All I want to say is that they don’t really care about us!

2 Likes