Dear story writing team, please do not insult our IQ

When Night Elf and the undead agreeing with something, it have to be truth

Someone said that this was Bluey levels of writing and I hate to say that Bluey has 1000times better writing

You have no clue my dude.
Ask many people on this forum and I think the majority of them remember me most as a gnome hunter.

I’m not any race fanatic. I like customization options. I like changing my character every now and then and try out new themes and aesthetics.

I like gnomes, I like dwarves, I like orcs, I like tauren and yes I like humans.
Why am I a human: Because female humans have far more customization options; so it gives me more freedom with new looks.

Now please… Go bother someone else.

It literally was. Now leave me alone.
You don’t want to talk to me? Well, the feeling is mutual.

Slander and more personal attacks. And as already proven: You have NO CLUE about me. Just like you have NO CLUE about this game you’re allegedly playing (which I’ve also proved several times in your nonsense thread).

Now… Leave. Me. Alone.

I mean, you could say that Darnasus atleast had one update, from being there to being gone. :joy:

3 Likes

Hey, dude, pain is still fresh :stuck_out_tongue:
But I’ll take no update if it means update we got in BFA :stuck_out_tongue:
I so much envy Dwarfs it’s increadible. No content so far, nothing is destroyed. Magnificant city of Ironforge, (only other city in game who actually belongs in Fantasy game besides Darnassus), still stands
Maybe I’ll make a dwarf for a change even, though, I hate short races :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The most relatable character is Anduin. He wants to distance himself from Blizzard and that dumpster fire entirely.

2 Likes

Let’s call it preschool-media.
Any representative of this aims to create a particularly over-harmonious, playful and fun mood, with simple dialogues and storylines. They do that with:

1. Motherese
  2. Much talking about the importance of family, friendship, teamwork and acceptance
  3. Much focus on discovering the world
  4. ‘educational stuff’
  5. Colorful soft- and cuteness
  6. uncomplex/superficial storys
  7. Villains who are like “mwuhaha, i’m evil!”

Things to avoid:
complex storys, violence, deep-reaching conflicts, bad language and everything else that is able to kill the “harmony-mood”.

Where do we have that in Dragonflight?

1. Everywhere. You just have to fly over a world quest zone and you’re babbled with babytalk. The expedition and the walruses are the worst.
  2. Everywhere. There is an overemphasis in every faction. The latest cinematics have taken the cake.
  3. Dragonscale Expedition
  4. Not going to talk about that one
  5. Big eyes, soft skin, quirky voices, sweet animals, every color everywhere. Extremes can be found in Valdrakken, this walros village and everything with pets and whelps
  6. All of it. Save cute little animals! Take a few photos! Fly through the circles! Mend my soft toy! Rump the weeds. Take care of the eggs. Tell him I think he’s great! Sabellian wants my throne? Well: Let’s have a questgiver contest with funny banter! The winner wins. OH! The horde-dude killed all my friends? Who cares. He can be my new friend! My soul was almost ripped out and I’m in a cave that’s collapsing on top of me. But I’m sad because I can’t save the giant spiders that almost devoured my unit. Awww ;(
  7. the evil centaur, razageth, fyrakk, evil-chromie

In every forum in every language? On Youtube? On wowhead? In the trade chat? Are you sure?

No, no. The people who write these things should be criticised all the time. Otherwise they’ll think it’s somehow good and keep it up.

Worked with SL as well, didn’t it?

Yes, I agree.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I do have several issues with it though.

2 things: It might be ‘spread wide’, but ‘everywhere’ is hyperbole. There’s plenty of WQs where this doesn’t happen, for instance.
Second, this type of talk has been happening since the introduction of WQs. So since Legion. Because they need to tell you about a quest in a short way that’s clear to understand as you’re travelling. There’s a clear reason why it uses a ‘motherese’ type of quality.

So putting DF down for that is unfair, because it has been a thing in Legion, BfA and SL just as much.

I don’t agree that’s it’s overemphasized in every faction, but I will admit that yes DF has a bigger focus on these themes. Logical in a way because a big part of it is about the dragonflights coming home and reuniting and coming to grips with their past.

I personally LOVE these kinds of themes. Discovery and exploration are AWESOME and SHOULD be part of WoW. So seeing this point as a negative just baffles me.

? Are we talking ‘inclusivity stuff’ here?

Again, you’re blowing this WAY out of proportion. No it’s not EVERYWHERE.
There’s plenty of places and creatures and people who are NOT like that.

My first point is: WoW’s story has ALWAYS been uncomplex and superficial.
I don’t think it’s the structure; it’s the themes you have an issue with.
Compare DF’s stories with previous expansions and they’re just as uncomplex and superficial as any that came before. It’s just that DF is handling some themes that were never dealt with (or very very sparingly) in WoW before.

I have a second point to the story thing, but I’ll combine that one with your 7th point:

If THAT is what you got from most of those villains, you have a severe lack of understanding the story, I’m afraid.
There are very clear reasons and motivations for most of the villains. You not seeing that leads me to believe that you experience the story in a vary shallow and/or dismissive way: That only leads to further misinformation on your part (which this point of yours proves).

But then there’s also the fact that many of WoW’s villains in the past have been the moustache twirling kind. So it is again unfair to single out DF for this.

In short: The only valid point (since you refuse to discuss item number 4) are the more heavily focussed themes of family, friendship and teamwork.

Hard to relate when he breaks down at what seems to be the lowest of his life, only to do a 180° and say “Ok I’m with you now” only because Thrall said “You are not your past”, which is something I’d hear from a prostitute trying to cope, but not from a supposedly wise guy, because we are litterally the product of our past.

1 Like

Blizzard did amazing job with df cinematics to disencourage new players to test this “EPIC” game,
only epic moments df had are EPIC FAILS cinematics.
Maybe they are targetting wow for kids now, I wonder who will pay for their game then.

Tbf I’m an adult man and I enjoy the story right now. Call me weird, but I think it’s really cool. Alexstrasza is also a good protagonist imo.

no way you enjoy these pegi 3+ cinematics with 0 hype

I am kinda getting hyped, because they set up the world soul saga story in an epic way, and fighting swift+Fyrakk is one of the most epic experiences I had in wow. Fyrakk in general was also an epic villain. Remember his assaults in 10.1, where he killed all players in his path? Or all the times he occured in the story before. It’s just a good ending that foreshadows what happens in the future. Additionally, the final cinematic of the expansion is not released yet. We are still gonna get a main story chapter. I’m also actually happy that we get a happy ending like this. I think a happy ending makes me feel better for defeating the boss lol…

That being sad, would like it, if the vibes became a bit more brutal. And yeah, as said before: I miss the horde vs alliance theme. I like both factions a lot, but as their own factions, not as the unified thing.

It has to be sarcasm or troll as you wrote something totally different in similar posts

And it was under post that is making fun of it even more

It was written by toddlers.

5 Likes

SPOILERS: The tyr ending cinematic was a joke as well… So We just ask elisande nicely and she gives up the disk? Why havent we thought about this in legion? or any expansions? maybe we should have this kind of /beg boss to get loot or ask him nicely to give up their grand plans… LOL

1 Like

I call you WEIRD weird (Zegler) hahaha

No, I actually gave the cinematic a 6.5/10 in a previous post. I said many times that all I dislike about it, is the vibe, not the content itself

To be fair, Elisande was never a straight up villain but rather someone stuck in a position where she was forced to make extremely desperate and unpopular choices in order to try and save her people.

As such, she was never unreasonable - as witnessed by the fact that once she finally had a thread that led to her people surviving in a different way than she thought inevitable she actively put aside any grudges and helped take down the very threat essentially holding her people hostage.

1 Like

couldn’t be written by someone else, its my little pony theme

2 Likes