Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

i didn’t have any clue 15 years ago, i stepped into molten core as a fire mage only to get yelled at from the beginning having no clue i casted my first fireball and i was like “ohw”

1 Like

Actually all pallies wore cloth, and warriors put on 4 valor + 4 lightforge to get 80 AP

so true. these clowns are everywhere and act like they ar specisl because they played niller

We’re playing a nerfed version of Classic.

1 Like

We can’t play a nerfed version of classic since it’s the only version yet

1 Like

Almost like people who played the same game for 15 years improved over time. Weird I know.

Cheeky :wink: .

Vanilla wasn’t nerfed.

I played (and raided) the original, including Naxx and I remember it clearly.

Here’s what has changed:

• players now know what to farm. Back then people didn’t even know where upgrades might drop - or which.

• players now know HOW to farm those items. On my (dead) server (to which I shouldn’t have transferred, but meh, 20k queues), there are constantly groups forming for farming BRD arena or strat or whatever. Back then, people had no clue of anything - talents, where to get gear, what type of gear is good (I should know, I was one of them - and I had epic gear!). I was in AQ40 and I had NO idea the star of mystaria existed, for example. Or the necklace off Hydrospawn.

• most players use keybinds nowadays. I used like 5 and tended to click a number of other (less used) skills.

• most players had no idea of what a good spec/talent was. The mages in my guild were fire during MC and BWL - I was the only one who was frost (and not because I was smarter, but because I also did pvp)

• addons. There are now addons for a lot of things that didn’t really exist back then - or existed, but in a terrible format. For oldies, one example would be ctraid. Yeah, good luck decursing with that (yes, I remember decursive, which was then broken). Even simple things like questie are godsends. ClassicLFG? No. Just no. At best, you went to instances with your guild. AT.BEST. I could run DM:tribute now up to the instance limit, whereas it took 2 hours back then just to get a group and explain things - and people would still fail. Aggro? (stuff like omen or ktm or whatever)? Good luck with that, nobody used them; barely anyone even knew about them. Never mind the 110% vs 130% aggro cap.

• you can now start a pull without waiting for 30 minutes (just because 2 guys (out of 40) are not pressing their “ready” buttons)

There was never anything hard in classic in terms of raiding. I ended up doing Naxx. If we took BC difficulty (never mind anything more difficult) and somehow applied it to vanilla, I would have - AT BEST - cleared MC (but that’s unlikely). Just try to compare Ragnaros with Prince (in Karazhan) or Netherspite (let’s not even bring up M’uru or Kael’thas or Lady Vashj or even High King Maulgar/Gruul; hell, even Magtheridon); we all know how that would have ended, don’t we…). I think you’ll get the picture.

Like I said, I’m on a dead realm. Hardly any groups for anything even remotely interesting. Hell, most people aren’t even 60. If I was on a decent realm, I’m pretty sure I’d have bis gear by now.

Anyone who’s on a decent realm, in a half-decent guild, will clear Naxx (if they want to, if they’ve got the time, if they don’t have various conflicting obligations…).

There are two difficult things in classic. Just two, no more.

• leveling (this includes professions); mind you, it’s not the difficulty of the quests themselves, but trying to keep your sanity while you have to cross continents and WALK for 40 minutes to turn in a quest.

• gaining reputation with various factions (exalted), if anyone cares about that.

That’s it. Everything else is a joke.

oh okay.
i guess rank 14 pvp grind is total joke? nice troll post

1. There is no rank 14 pvp now.
  2. Yes, it is. A joke, nothing else.

It was seen as a huge achievement back then because most people saw an epic and thought they touched Jesus. We now know the truth:

• the pvp gear is mostly overrated (let’s see a “rank14” geared mage against a netherwind mage and let’s see who wins, shall we)

• people had no idea of how the system worked, so they assumed whoever got rank 14 meant that person was some sort of pvp god. In reality, it was more like the “unemployed scrub of the month” award (or botter of the month, whichever). That’s not to even mention how broken it was (counting killing blows and whatever; good luck getting it back then as a healer).

Rank 14 meant jack #@*%. It makes me laugh when I think about the poor r14 people I came across (and one shot) in the battlegrounds. They spend the whole bloody summer farming whatever, getting whatever welfare epics they could from pvp, only to meet their untimely end as a result of me pressing a single button. Pfft.

It was farmed for bis weapons mostly. And after tbc prepatch for title which remained with you forever

1 Like

My pet healer and I ranked at the same speed. So the above is not true.

1 Like

It was farmed with no point at all.

The bis weapons you’re talking about were introduced a few weeks before BC - and in BC any blue quest reward was better (also, when those “bis” items were introduced, rank requirements were removed; you could buy them with honor)

Before then, the gear was mostly crap. In fact, most PVP wars back then were struggling to get the ragnaros belt and lionheart helm and god knows what other pve items. On top of that, it was also pointless.

Sooner or later, they’d come across me or someone like me - that is, a clicker who’d #@*$ all over their effort with one button.

I’m staring at a screenshot I took back then in WSG. I’ll quote the log, since I’m not allowed to include links.

Sera begins to cast Corruption
You gain Unstable Power
You gain Arcane Power
You have slain Sera!
Your Frostbolt crits Sera for 5386 Frost damage.
Sera dies.
Sera dies, honorable kill Rank: Legionnaire (Estimated Honor Points: 9)

I still clicked half the buttons.

If you can figure this out, it’s at /N2xjj06 , on ibb dot co.

…and for what it’s worth, farming honor never took skill and it was only “difficult” in terms of having the time to do it (which most people didn’t).

Like I said, it was the in-game title for “on benefits forever” (or pretty good at configuring their bot). Nothing more.

Lock was nab. Should’ve fear you before doting. Mages with zhc oneshot everyone once they are let to finish the cast.

EVERYONE was a “nab”. Myself included.

It didn’t matter what they’d do. If they cast fear, I’d counterspell (and lock them down) or iceblock (which I’d click). I also had full netherwind there and AP/POM (in that screenshot). If they even looked like they intended to cast, I’d just press the button - instant death before their cast was finished.

“Rank 14”

Lol. Hogger was more of a challenge.

There were multiple instances where my 8/8 nw bonus would proc, only to be followed by another instant mad frostbolt and another, leaving 2-3 bodies there wondering what the hell had happened.

1 Like

Largest crit I got in Vanilla was in AV, 5.7k aimed shot. Did the job.

I managed a 6.3k frostbolt in wsg. Had a bunch of buffs though.

Getting back to the original point, there was nothing difficult about classic/vanilla with the 2 exceptions highlighted above.

People who played back in vanilla and refuse to acknowledge that are either:

• in denial - meaning that they refuse to acknowledge the fact that either they were bad or their entire guilds were bad.

• still noobs who can’t understand how bad most of us were back then.

If you go and take a look at the kill videos from back then, you’ll laugh your head off. Most of the “imba” players still clicked a bunch of buttons, paid little to no attention to anything, had terrible “rotations” (if we can use that term for classic/vanilla), had no idea of what skills to use or when, had little understanding of what their talents/spells did and so on. Your random mediocre retail player from 2019 is light years ahead of them.

It’s not that classic was nerfed. It’s more like we’ve had 15 years to “buff” ourselves.

If I had to name one fight that was truly difficult in classic, it was 4HM in Naxx. That’s it. It wasn’t that it was difficult in terms of mechanics or anything (in fact, it’s a joke by today’s standards); it’s that it required an absurd number of tanks with absurd levels of gear in order to make sure taunt didn’t fail (which meant a wipe).

I’ll give you that. 4HM was difficult.

1 Like

AQ won’t be particularly difficult now, as we are a good few AQ fix / nerf patches in.

Naxx I suspect will be challenging for the average raid, and the player difference will shine there for the good guilds.

Like I said above (edited), there’s one thing difficult in terms of raids. 4HM, if it’s not changed (in terms of tanking requirements; meaning number of tanks and taunt-fail-instawipe mechanic)

Everything else is going to be roflstomped. I’ve got a video of my guild doing C’thun back then (not taken by me, but who cares, I’m in it) and I remember that kill; people weren’t even interrupting eyes, because they didn’t know how.

It’s all a joke, like I said. But we’re not playing classic because it’s difficult. We’re playing it because we hate so many things about retail - things that Activision could fix, but won’t. At least that’s why I’m playing classic; that and because I’m waiting for BC realms to be announced; that’s where it’s at. To me, classic is just the annoying (but somewhat necessary) warm-up.

If people don’t get stuck on 4HM due to lacking tanks/tank gear, Naxx will be cleared in one day. Maaaaybe two, if people have to go to sleep/work the next day. But most likely one.

Try doing it without 15 frost mages and 10 fury warriors. Let us know how it went.