Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Nax will be cleared in exactly 1 hour after release. Just like it was on private servers.

2 Likes
  1. There will be NO frost mages in Naxx. By then everyone will be fire, rolling ignites. In fact, that will happen in AQ (the great respec). Once you’re out of BWL, there’s no reason to stay frost.

2. If you ignored ignite rolling mages (an anomaly/a bug), the highest DPS in Naxx then came from Warlocks and Rogues, not fury warriors. They were good (with windfury), but nowhere near a determined lock or an ignite rolling mage.

PS (this was on alliance, where you did have salvation).

1 Like

Unlikely, with its 4 wings. Too much ground to cover. But yeah, I can see it done on the first day.

I was talking to OP, about MC :wink:

I think we all can agree that the best thing about Vanilla was actually not knowing anything :slight_smile: We did not know where to go, what to do and which builds are the best. I wish I could erase my memories. And I would love Blizzard announcing WoW 2 because this game has grown too big already and there is no point having additional expansions. But I know that most likely WoW 2 would be the same easy mode crap made primarily for kids so… yeah… most likely would not play it anyways.

2 Likes

WoW 2 - Professional Edition.

Except the bonus for using “your” armour type wasn’t added until cataclysm…

Did some look for “lesser” armour types? Sure. Was this the norm? Not really.

People did actually hunt t0 gear over better itemised gear, the little there were during early vanilla.

2 Likes

There’s only one version of classic, this one.

Is it easier than vanilla wow? Sure. Is it so easy that you can go pretend you’re so hardcore for having played vanilla? Not at all.

Chances are you are hardcore if you’re playing classic and if you also played vanilla. Because you’ve been playing a game for 15 years. I don’t know about you, but that’s pretty hardcore in my book.

1 Like

Tbh there’s a huge difference in my book. If anything it’s easier to be a casual player over 15 years than being “hardcore” for that long.

And my point was rather about him being so butthurt that people don’t consider vanilla so utterly for the bestest players ever.

I mean…I doubt anyone can stay hardcore for more than a few years.

If you don’t suffer from burnout, eventually real life catches up. I lost count of the number of times I’ve seen a guild mate posting a goodbye on the guild forum - something along the lines of “I can’t afford this anymore, I’ve got a wife now / I need a job / I haven’t bought good food in forever” etc.

Most people did it through highschool, maybe uni (and maybe after), but eventually real life kicks in for 99,9% of those RL scrubs. The rest - the 0.01% - are those who are too rich to care. They do exist, but meh, even 0.01% might be optimistic.

Yeah, vanilla was a joke and it still is a joke in terms of difficulty. Any idiot was able to clear the PVE content, provided they were willing to put in the time then. Any idiot will be able to do that now as well - again, provided they are willing to put in the time (hell, you have to run UBRS 3 times just for the Onyxia attunement quest…gl getting groups on a dead realm).

I don’t know why some people think/thought that vanilla was “difficult”. The leveling part, sure. The rest…not so much.

I am sorry but you will not get far as idiot, you still need decent group , or to be overgeared, you will not be able to be overgeared for long, so that option aside you will have to have decent group.
Well if you have Guild that is ready to take you even if you are are bit special then sure.

Is also easy as hell after the N-th time

Part of the issue is how they don’t define “difficult”.

It was difficult in the same way as learning any new skill is. Or learning to play a new instrument. And even for someone who’s never touched WoW before, playing classic is like learning another slightly different instrument as you’ve likely played something similar already.

What it didn’t have was complex pve compared to most things that’s come afterwards (both in WoW and in other games). The most complex thing about it was being able to keep a roster of players for 40 man raids together.

Ironically, the logistics is the one area of the game that may have gotten harder, with the proportion of players having to work full time having risen in the time since original launch.

Maybe some people don’t remember or even know, but the pre-raid gear in Vanilla used to be horrendous crap. You were lucky if you had 20-30 spellpower when you were level 60 and haven’t raided yet, but now it’s trivial to hit that. All dungeon loot was given a second pass and changed to be better so that the gap between raiders and non-raiders wasn’t so steep. I forget what patch they did this, however. AQ? Nax? It was pretty late anyway. My point is that the blues you are wearing are super powerful, so it’s no wonder that they are trivializing MC, since they are meant to be on par or even better than MC epics. People saying that players are merely better now aren’t really thinking of that aspect, as it does play an immense role on the difficulty of the game.

3 Likes

Shhh don’t upset their fantasy that MC is only easy because they’re pros now.

We knew from the get go that it would be 1.12 patch, which means that dungeons and the initial raid content would be a complete joke relatively to earlier patches, mostly because of the talent and itemization changes that made characters much stronger.

That depends on a lot of factors. So far, in wow classic, I’ve had to put up with 20k+ queues (basically being able to login at 11pm when I’ve got to get to bed because I’ve got work in the morning), being unable to find groups (lf tank last spot!!!), bugs and restarts…and once you’ve missed the start (thanks to the huge queues), you can forget about aoe leveling (with 100 people fighting to tag mobs)…and it still took me like 7 days.

Sure, it helps to know the zones/quests, but…not a lot.

I remember that (because at the time my mage had mostly magister and devout pieces, hah) but it’s largely irrelevant.

People weren’t wiping to some sort of enrage timer back then. They were wiping due to failing basic mechanics (cc, decurse, move away when you’re the bomb etc).

Gear was largely irrelevant.

Spellpower helps, for sure, but not as much as you’d think. Nobody wipes on Razorgore/Geddon due to low dps.

Gear is literally the reason it is so easy. The difference between entering with 0 spell damage and +200 for every magic dps is absolutely huge. That is THE reason the boss fights are over so fast. Nothing to do with player skill. Pressing frostbolt 50 times per fight was not difficult 15 years ago and it’s no more difficult now.

3 Likes