Did full mc first with only 1 wipe in 2.5 houers

Do you even pay attention? We’re specifically talking about multiplicative factors of easy here. Molten core is easy. You can play like an idiot and mechanics aren’t punishing at all.

If molten core had players getting hit for 50% of their health for minor mistakes then it wouldn’t fall into my argument would it.

But what’s really happening on classic is you’ve got 40 people in a raid and their health bars are barely freaking moving because the incoming damage is so weak. You would have to buff it multiple factors for it to even become reasonable and comparable to a normal retail tier 1 raid’s raid wide damage. Not just a 50% buff.

You didn’t kill it in the prenerf state. Not a single guild world wide did. The first C’thun kill came after a set of nerfs. It may have been more nerfed when Naxx came, I don’t know. Ion has it on record saying that C’thun was “mathematically impossible” before the nerf, which I don’t believe, but that is another topic.

And yes we cleared it pre-naxx.

If you would go into MC in february of 2005 at level 57 in greens, the first molten giant would oneshot you before any heal even lands on you.
But 1.5 years later guess what

1 Like

Sigh. Are you even reading this thread? We already established that, at the very least, tanks do have to have sufficient gear. They’re pretty much the only thing for MC. The rest of the raid, even in 2005, could have gotten away with assorted greens.

Do you even realise that you’re implying that since 1.12 the molten giants have become at least 5 times stronger? This is based on the actual damage they seem to be taking in classic compared to the one shot you claim would originally happen back in vanilla 1.1.

It’s extremely unlikely the raid was five… Five times harder back in the day. Extremely extremely unlikely.

Unlike you I prefer not to use nostalgic recollection was the basis for my argument.

Write your reply. I just don’t care anymore. You’re completely blinded and refusing to listen to others points of view. This is a waste of both our time. Bye.

And would not have enough dps. Because as i said that if you have X damage on your weapon you can’t make it Y in any other way than obtaining a Y one.
Well that’s the idle talk. Those who never played then are never gonna see the original raids. Not that they were hard. Everyone who cleared them back then had never stated that by the way.

Today’s kids are funny

1 Like

clears babies first raid with people who know what they’re doing and not gimping themselves with crap fire resist gear and bad talents

“THIS ISN’T OKAY BLIZZARD WHY DID YOU NERF VANILLA I EXPECT ALL MY RAIDS TO TAKE AT LEAST 10 HOURS AND HAVE US WIPE ON EVERY BOSS REEEEEE.”

You guys are hysterical, of course MC is doable in blues and greens because what else are you going to be in at that point?

By that point you should have at least full set of Legendaries.
But to serious note ,it is first raid, ofc most of your items will be blues and greens, maybe some purp.

… And that the raid was probably 90% mages, priests & warriors because they’re the ‘‘godlik spheec’’ for the role

people really complaining about MC difficulty with 1.12 server?
Anything pre naxx will be ez as .

1 Like

Nah
Just a retail baby counts everyone before him to be clueless :joy:

1 Like

part of the charm of vanilla was figuring out the strategy, that part of the game will never be relived. 40 discombobulated persons trying to syncro dance.

1 Like

How do you get any sort of feeling of accomplishment from bashing loot pinatas?

1 Like

Whatever gear you had when entering MC first, if you did it anytime close to being relevant, would not be nearly as good as gear that is available from 1.12 based classic. Even if you knew enough to have gone to gear up as much as possible from DiM over getting t0 or similar.

That on top of 1.12 talent trees and skills (even considering the couple nerfs from earlier vanilla iterations) and a decade+ of raiding experience and most knowing the tactics, then yes it will appear nerfed. However using that as an argument that the raid itself has been seriously nerfed is just… nonsense.

People are entering MC with +200 spell power, + crit chance, + hit chance etc.

Back in 2004 people entered with +50 intellect/strength/stamina.

Gear has vastly improved which has made the raid easier. Talents have also improved. As an example, winters chill for mages gave them 10% crit over night. This wasn’t available until fairly late in vanilla.

Every boss was a gear check and the reason it took so long to clear originally was because healers would oom as the dps was lower all round due to gear limitations and the tanks would die.

People’s knowledge of the bosses is obviously a factor, but is not the sole reason that some people claim.

4 Likes

Probably cus MC wasnt designed to require full epics…? Holy 5hit, the stupidity OP.

1 Like

My argument that the raid is being nerfed is that the HP of bosses is lower, and their abilities hit for much less dmg.

I happen to have a screenshot of back in the day, and actually wear crimson felt hat, malekis footpads, felcloth pants; and frankly just remember that I had anasteri heirloom and that dagger from DM, and the rest were of shadow wrath greenies.

Something with the current generation that insist we were clueless back then ‘gamers have evolved yadayada’ of which I saw totally no evidence in MC. What I did see was bosses getting vaporized while roaming through the raid.

But whatever, I have said it too often now.

I can very much understands folks nowadays thinking they did better than their parents. Guess I was the same. Fine.

2 Likes

You might have had those items, but they did not have the same stats early vanilla as they did late vanilla or now in classic. So sounds rather a lot more like you only started raiding mid to late vanilla.

As for your “argument” about boss hp and damage, feel free to prove it. As in, go check logs and compare to logs from before and check if boss hp is actually less.