Dragonflying ruined the world - Remove flying

The best thing about that thread was how badly he misread the situation. He thought he’d be starting some protest movement, setting the trend, making people rise up to “force” Blizz to make a change because of a groundswell of support.

Meantime he became the self inflicted butt of the longest running meme these forums have ever seen.

It’s poetry.

2 Likes

I get it. I remember when we only had the regular mounts. The world felt insanely big. Now it’s just jumping from zone to zone. Might as well click on the map where you want to go, get a loading screen and done.

it worked for starfield. :clown_face:

2 Likes

Nope. The utility of flying is too good to give up.

I agree with the sentiment as well. But removing flying is not the solution.

Spare me the armchair psychologist routine. And quite frankly spare me your crap. You always do this. Attack people personally cause they disagree with you. Look at that, this guy guessed everything about my life based on a line.

And I’m what? Addicted to convenience? And you are here to make things inconvenient or what? Tell me how I should play my game? Spend my time? I think not. Guy knows all about my life but can’t answer a simple question. Why should travel be inconvenient?

2 Likes

I thought you had quit the game permently ? you can not keep away. You chastise Sand for the words then spew out a horrid attack yourself, these forums were better without you for a long time.

6 months is not 2 years.

Not even a year :stuck_out_tongue:

The idea is that if all people had been on the ground you would see more people around you and the game would feel more alive. I personally understand the sentiment, but the proposed solution is “meh”.

Instead of forcing people to do things (which never ends well) Blizz should create interesting and entertaining reasons for people to interact and engage with each other. DF has 2-3 examples where they do that successfully and we should be asking more of this, instead of asking to revert back to how things were before flying.

I guarantee that if you were to remove flying it would just piss off people.

People already did not like pathfinder.

1 Like

Am I supposed to take someone who literally has an alt just for the forum serious? You are so afraid of backlash from your forum posts that you made a character just to write meaningless messages. I’m not bothered by your post nor will I explain myself to you.

1 Like

And you expect us to take you serious after these 3 posts

1 Like

I have given you a like so you can feel good about yourself since you clearly need it with your post count. Well done Eliquís!

2 Likes

You would have had a bigger post count if you didnt get banned so often, you like dishing out the dirt but can not take it back. I look forward to your next meltdown ty for such epix comedy throughout the years you are amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

The people who say this crap have no idea what they are on about. I’m pretty convinced they say it just to annoy other people and no other reason. No for real, think about it. It makes zero sense and this idiotic request cannot be justified in any way.

First of all the game has hubs. For PVP, for PVE, word quests, events. That’s where you run into people. That’s where I always run into people. So I have no damned idea what they are talking about when they say the world feels empty. It does not.

PVP. I run constantly with Warmode on (except with the dream zone cause I don’t like how it works with the bloom event). PVP is between two willing players. If you have a guy trying to kill another guy who just tries to run away cause, I don’t know, he does not feel like fighting, he’s one of those pacifists or maybe he just does not think he can win, that’s not PVP. That’s just ganking.

There is not one single reason, none to justify this idiotic demand to remove flying. And consider thanks to dynamic flying we have HUGE zones and the zones that will follow will have to be just as huge so I’m not sure how the hell can anyone come here and say dynamic flying makes the world feels smaller when it fact they made the world MUCH larger.

And remember this crap, this unjustifiable crap is how Blizzard introduced pathfinder. With the notion that there’s a very vocal minority out there who wanted that. No thanks. Not again.

3 Likes

Atleast they have now removed the rep/renown part of it but we will still for no reason at all get normal flying later then DF flying in next expac.

Don’t feed the troll. He isn’t here to discuss, only to annoy you. There is a reason I don’t respond to him. Let him be, he is trying to be relevant by slandering people and bringing up irrelevant arguments just to sidetrack the discussion, that’s his tactic. He also loves lying and quoting parts of your replies out of context.

The solution is to ignore him and discuss only with people who are interested in debating on the subject in the first place. Look how annoyed he is he is getting actively ignored, he needs that attention but he isn’t getting any. :smiley:

I don’t really care about normal flying right now. Sucks for the people with motion sickness, but you know what, those people can take it up with the no-fly bunch. As far as I’m concerned this situation turned out ridiculously well. Awesome flying method, larger future areas and no stupid pathfinder.

1 Like

This coming from you who is constantly making havoc in threads and slandering people and believes only your view matters but anyways flagged for trolling :slight_smile:

thats because you broke CoC and told everyone you were ignoring them only to find about the rules :slight_smile:

The actual sentiment is very subjective and I’ve personally been going back and forth for years, but an objective fact is that flying trivializes the world for better or worse.

Having things like Suramar is impossible when you have constant flying unless you relegate it to an instanced no flight zone, which then ruins the cohesion of the world. Having only ground mounts makes you engage with the world more, but it is slower and much less convenient.

Players are never gonna agree on this because they all prefer different things, but if you like immersion and level design, flying basically removes that almost entirely and you’re jumping from one point of interest to another.

1 Like

Ultimately it doesn’t matter, players have already spoken on this. People do not wanna slow ground mounts, period.

When they did pathfinder people were rioting for the whole time, imagine what removing flying would do.

It’s NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

This is one of the things that really bothers me about this conversation. Not ours specifically but the whole conversation concerning flying and the removal of it. Why can’t people just mind their own damned business? If one guy wants to immerse himself and pretend to be Joe the horse rider who only rides horses across the world then he can be that. The game allows you to reach most places via ground mounts. If there’s a guy like me who loves just getting on my dragon and flying as high as I can, and yeah, it’s really high then admire the work of art that are the dragon isles thanks to the awesome Blizzard art team, that’s my immersion. Why do these people want to take it away from me? I’m not trying to take theirs away. Do you know why? Is it because they are evil?

2 Likes