Enhancement Shaman needed Changes for 10.0.5 Patch

It’s time to voice your concerns for changes for the 10.0.5 patch, otherwise, nothing will happen.

IMHO those are the changes that I want to see in the future patches

• Flame Shock should have been removed from Enhance long ago, it’s just a another bloat and not that meaningful button to press.

Removal of Flame Shock as an ability, it’s now a debuff applied by Laval lash or Frost Shock. It’s initial damage will move to the dot part or to LL / FrS.

Lava Lash : Charges your off-hand weapon with lava and burns your target, dealing (109% of Attack power) Fire damage.
Damage is increased by 100% if your offhand weapon is imbued with Flametongue Weapon.
Molten Assault
Lava Lash will affect the target with Flame Shock and spread it to 4 nearby targets

Frost Shock : Chills the target with frost, causing (63% of Spell power) Frost damage and reducing the target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
Frost Shock affect the target with Flame Shock, if Flame Shock is already on the target, spread it to 4 nearby targets

ps : I know that a frost spell spreading a fire spell doesn’t really make sense, but frankly, I don’t care about class fantasy anymore, I just want a good class gameplay.

Right now, you need use flame shock > GCD > Lava Lash > GCD > whatever ability just to aoe and it’s pretty tedious and boring to do.

• Survivability problem : Another Enhance big problem in PvP is it’s survivability, that’s is known to worst of the game, Enhance is probably the least played spec in any PvP environment, due to it being super bloated and on top of that super squishy with the LEAST AMOUNT of defensive tools.

A talent that should make a comeback from Warlords Of Draenor (which imho is the best era for Enhance Shaman) is Shamantistic Rage, god I miss this talent :

Shamanistic Rage : Reduces all damage taken by xx% for xx sec. This spell is used while stunned

i would exchange this talent with the current Astral Shift ANY DAY and I’m sure a lot of my fellow Shaman would do too.

• Selfhealing and MW problem : Out main defensive tool is the same we use to do damage which is Maelstrom Weapon and IMHO it’s an extremely bad game design.

It should have been something like the Ret " Selfless Healer" Talent.

Selfless Healer : Each 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon consumed reduce the cast time of your next Flash of Light by x%, and increase its healing done by x%. Stacks up to 4 times.

So like this it doesn’t gimp our damage while still being able to heal ourselves.

(We can’t abuse it anyway cause we are very mana limited)

Another solution would be the return of Spirit Hunt to Feral Spirit :

Spirit Hunt : Spirit Wolves’ attacks heal them and their master for % of damage done.

by offloading some of our direct healing to the Feral Spirit talent BUT :

-ONLY if the said talent is picked, so people that don’t like / want Feral Spirit won’t be forced to pick it.
-Or put that healing effect into another talent, so people can still play with Feral Spirit without it’s healing effects, while keeping the power of our direct healing

The healing will of course be less effective since we can now use Feral Spirit more often , so either :

-Reduce the healing effect for duration of the summoning
-Make Spirit Hunt only effective for the first 5 sec after the summoning

• Totem triggering GCD :

Most of our totems don’t have any OVERPOWERED instant effect and should only trigger GCD for other totems, Aside maybe from capacitor (which is not OP anyway)

• Current Talent changes :

Elemental Orbit : Increases the number of Elemental Shields you can have active on yourself by 1.
You can have Earth Shield on yourself and one ally at the same time.

Another that want it to be added this is talent is making Earth Shield working like Lightning Shield when used on OURSELVES , having 1 hour duration with unlimited charges = less button bloating please.

(please take note that this change is not counted with the return of Shamanistic Rage end Spirit Hunt)

Capacitor Totem : Can we have a talent to convert Capacitor Totem to a ONE target INSTANT stun of 4-5 seconds please ?

ps : Anyone can post this on the US forums ? thanks.

11 Likes

Bringing some ideas to the table !
Ethereal Form : Although the physical damage immunity for 10 sec is very strong, the fact that it replaces Astral Shift and the pacify ability makes it a very dangerous and niche option.
Possible changes :

• Dispellable
  • Does not replaces Astral Shift
  • Not pacified, keeps 50% movement speed reduction
    Or
  • Unable to attack - Able to cast spells - Immune to interruptions

Capacitor Totem : Although Totems are part of Shaman lore, the possibility of being destroyed with no less than auto attacks make them underwhelming.
Possible Change :

• Make Capacitor Totem explode instantly
  • Change Capacitor Totem to Lightning Strike, summon lightning at the target location, stunning every enemies withing 8 yards for 3 sec.
    • Instant
    • 40 yd range

During Legion, Capacitor Totem used to stun for 5 sec. I don’t think these changes are too much.

dont bring blizz idd pls number good now shhh dont sey anyting

Capacitator Totem instant would be good TBH, also some passive healing with Wolfs and a good Doomwinds

1 Like

There’s great ideas in this thread. In a few ways, we’d be returning to a better version of Shaman with these. The only change I disagree with is removing Flame Shock as a GCD skill. While it does feel tedious to have, such drastic changes would mess with the Fire Nova corner of our talent sheet, as well as Primordial Wave’s functionality and further talents.

In the interest of not making us too overpowered while also reducing the bloat, here’s some ideas:

• Move Maelstrom Weapon into the Enhancement tree as a baseline guaranteed skill. I have no idea what Restoration and Elemental shamans could use it for.
  • Improve Doom Winds.
  • Buff Feral Lunge, so it’s worth taking outside niche cases. I believe that active skills should be as impactful as passive ones.
  • Buff Ancestral Wolf Affinity to increase its utility. Make it remove immobilizes in addition to everything else?
  • Make Ice Strike replace Lava Lash and buff its damage to make up for the lost rotation spell.
  • Make Frost Shock replace Flame Shock, with the same utility as Flame Shock, but Frost Shock’s initial damage. (Enhancement Talent)

Controversial ideas:

• Feral Spirit is prevalent in every single build, so it can stand to be nerfed. Maybe give us only 1 spirit that guarantees 20% ELEMENTAL damage when traited? Add to this the slight buff of healing from it. If we just want to nerf our burst and not our overall DPS, increase the duration from 15 to 30 seconds. This is a burst nerf and a heal buff. Feral tradeoff!
  • We currently have 4 Stormstrike-related talents, but oftentimes Stormstrike just feels like a filler (primer, if you have the set bonus). The Elementalist build doesn’t care for Stormstrike nearly as much. Change those talents to affect Lava Lash or Maelstrom Spenders?
  • Make a new baseline Shaman talent that adds health to totems? (1.5 GCD’s worth of DPS)
1 Like

I’m starting to get absolutely disgusted with this spec, to be honest xD

PVP TALENT REWORK :
Ride the Lightning
Current talent :
Passive
If there are more than 2 enemies withing 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target, dealing (63.5% of Spell power) Nature damage.
Nice part, works well on multi target situation
Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to 2 furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage.
This part on the other hand isn’t working so well for me. It doesn’t really pressure any enemy player, can target pets, and can potentially break important crowd control.

• Im suggesting a change to the second part. Having 1 bolt hit your current target, instead of having a bolt hit up to 2 furthest enemies.

Ride the Lightning
Passive
If there are more than 2 enemies withing 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target, dealing (63.5% of Spell power) Nature damage.
Otherwise, you conjure a bolt of lightning on your target, dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage.

1 Like

I agree, I didn’t really think about Fire Nova or Primordial Wave, but they can always find a solution to that, by making it an optional talent or merging it with Frost Shock to create a FrostFlame Shock or something like that.

I mean, devs have unlimited power to do whatever they want with the class, but they just don’t care for now.

yes please make earth shield undispallable with unlimited charges. god i hate that ability so much.
and please also on off target because it depletes so fast it is not even funny

New weapon imbue !

When it comes to physical builds relying solely on stormstrike and not investing talent points into the lava lash row, Flametongue Weapon imbue becomes irrelevant.
Why not bring back Frostbrand Weapon imbue ? It would be a very nice add to Physical Builds and PvP.
What it does :

Frostbrand Weapon
Weapon Imbue
Imbue your off-hand weapon with the element of Frost for 1 hour. Causing your attacks to :

• Deal [max((0.0198 * Attack power), 1)] Frost damage and slow enemies by 30%. (actual formula of Flametongue Weapon)
    Or
  • Sometimes deal [10/15/20% of Spell Power] Frost Damage and slow enemies by [30/40/50%].

Ice Strike : Damage is increased by 50% if your offhand weapon is imbued with Frostbrand Weapon.

Please take my ideas into consideration (if a person with power somehow comes across this topic).

1 Like

Isn’t Ice Strike a main hand ability? I’m pretty sure it procs windfury.

What’s the problem ?
If it’s about “flametongue buff works for lava lash because it’s both off hand abilities” then I don’t think it really matters. Fire buffs fire, frost buffs frost (imho).

I get what you mean, but they’d have to make Ice Strike an offhand ability then. We’d loose WF procs too. Perhaps Rockbiter imbue with a 20% MS instead?

No they don’t have to do that ! The imbue element buffs the matching ability element.
You seem to think that Flametongue Weapon only works on Lava Lash because they are both offhand related, and I’m saying that it works because they share the same element type.
If Lava Lash was a mainhand ability, I still wouldn’t mind an offhand imbue like Flametongue Weapon buffing it.

Back again with another banger of an idea.
As all enhancement shaman know, when it comes to PvP, there is a choice you have to make when using Maelstrom Weapon Stacks, either healing or damage.
As Logtar said :

I suggest, just like Logtar, a additional talent :

Cycle of the Elements
Talent
Passive
Casting Healing Surge with 10 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon reduces the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt by 100%, and increases its damage done by 100%.
This effect doesn’t stack.

After the PvP nerf of Primordial Wave, no one uses Lightning Bolt. This will give Lightning Bolt a real use in PvP, and the opportunity to “shine” eventually.

Make Doom Winds ranged
10-15% damage reduction on ES or LS
life saving defensive CD - maybe Ethereal form gives 60% spell dmg reduction aswell or something

Since primo wave is now worthless after the nerfs, atleast do something to doomwinds, either remove it from GCD, or reduce cd on it, and increase dmg because it’s the only burst button apart from ascendance we have really and most of the times it doesnt do any dmg at all after poping it

Only PVP thoughts

Unplayable in 2s, bad in 3s, and awful in soloque. If you check EU stats - enha is less representative melee spec in the entire game above 2.4

What can help us

1 - Give us freedom on wolfs. Not 60% speed boost, not root breakers but freedom. Every spec in the entire game can double root/stun/slow you and you ll never have uptime

2 - Give us passive damage reduction mechanics. For example, like it used to be in MOP - 10% lighting shield damage reduction.

Or other def CDs/Shamanistic. Or make Astral shift 1.5min CD baseline and 1 min cd with a talent

3 - Target stun/Insta hex. Like EVERY melee spec in the game have stun. Not a clunky lasso or totem stun, but actual stun dat allows you to do damage to ur kill target or CC healer/peal s1. So insta hex with 1 min cd for 6 sec or 4 sec stun would help a lot

4 - Remove GCD from doom winds/Shamanism as it used to be in Legion. Now i need to spend 5 GCD and only after that i can start doing some damage

And would be great if we will have some dmg buff to WF weapon / Storm strike

#MakeEnhancementGreatAgain

1 Like

Few more things

1.PVP talent

Ride the Lightning
PvP Talent

Requires Shaman (Enhancement)

Requires level 20

If there are more than 2 enemy within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target, dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage. THIS PART IS GOOD

Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to 2 furthest enemy within 40 yards dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage.
THIS PART LOOKS USELESS. Instead of hitting 2 random targets can it please hit ur actual hit target? One target, but that you are actually hitting. It makes more sense

1. Grounding totem

Can you move this from PVP talents to shaman talent tree? Like you already did for a bunch of specs (for example mortal dance for DH). Bc in 99% of games you are forced to play Grounding and it looks like mandatory pick

1. Undispalable slow

We used to have it. Called Frostbrand. We need uptime in PVP, it can help with uptime. Simple

#MakeEnhancementGreatAgain

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.