Welcome, dear forumers!
I’d like to promote my fanfiction a bit… so here we go.
First things first:
- It’s not that kind of fanfiction. I’m not someone who’s interested in picking some well established lore character(s) and throwing them at another one, in the best case making them act completely out of character. No, I’m not interested in describing the exchange of body fluids in the most creative ways.
- I’m actually interested in the lore of our beloved game; even with all its p(l)otholes and bumps. And not just in the main story, but also (or maybe even more so) in its details.
- That doesn’t mean my characters don’t do adult things or talk about adult things; they are all grown-ups and explore their various interests, some of those more adult than others, but they also experience things out in the word, our World of Warcraft.
- I’ve used the tags and ratings to indicate such things and do so a lot more freely than other works on that forum do it; trying to also make them fit with WoW’s current view on those topics.
What kind of fanfiction is it then?
- Look at it like a common fantasy novel, but set in Azeroth (and the Shadowlands). It’s a continuous story with many different (original) viewpoint characters who all have their own personality and therefore challenges to overcome. You can pick out single chapters or characters, but you will miss out on the overarching events and developments this way, so it may be worth your time to give a character a chance even if you don’t like them at first.
- I try to keep to the established canon / lore (I’m not fluent, though), but in some regards orientate myself a little close to game play mechanics; not so far that it’s totally normal that people get rezzed or everybody has a hearthstone, though; portals exist, but only those between the capitals.
What is the fanfiction about?
- Elves! Yes, yes, as so many others are… but, well, there’s a reason they are the most played race, right?
- To be more precise: I mainly write about Void Elves, because their affiliation with the Void and the whispers fascinate me utterly and offer many interesting psychological interpretations. In addition, I feel like the ren’dorei lack proper lore, so I tried to come up with some stuff to fill that void.
- But there are also others: Blood Elves, to offer not only the viewpoint of the Alliance but also of the Horde, and there are also some Night Elves and a Draenei… and actually characters of every other playable race, just not as main characters.
Why should I read it?
Because…(pick one or several):
- … you love WoW as much as I do (and I’m not mainly talking about the game, but about the world itself).
- … you like elves.
- … you are eager to set out on an adventure, even if your name isn’t Lili Stormstout.
- … you like to meet new individual people, even if they only exist in a “book”.
- … you like death knights, demon hunters, priests, rogues, monks, hunters, shamans or virtually every other class.
- … you like to see romantic relationships develop (be it F/M, M/M, F/F), but also some action!
- … you don’t like the whole cosmic lore all that much and would like to read some more down to earth… err, Azeroth stuff.
- … you are a little bored and want more WoW but the next patch isn’t here yet.
Where do I find the fanfiction?
Follow / copy the links below. There are several series (or seasons, as I’d rather call them).
The first season is playing during Battle for Azeroth with a short (very short) summary of the previous lore. Its written more like some profiles of my characters, although there are scenes with dialogues etc., but its a little harder to get into (although you should have a look at them, especially if you like Acharin & Levaindil, my Horde characters).
If you want to read the whole story like a fantasy book, I’d recommend you to start with the second series, which takes place at the end of Battle for Azeroth (8.3 onward) and leads over into Shadowlands.
https://archiveofourown.org/series/1972672(older, different narrative style)
https://archiveofourown.org/series/2041546(prelude to the SL series)
SL series (Part I):
https://archiveofourown.org/series/2578207(taking place directly before the current series, start of the SL adventures)
SL series (Part II):
https://archiveofourown.org/series/2617645(current, ongoing series)
Last but not least:
Don’t like it, don’t read it. I’m not forcing you to read, I’m only offering.
I’d be very happy if some of you would check out my stories on the Archive of Our Own just to give them a chance and of course even happier if some of you’d actually enjoy reading them!
Thank you for reading (first of all this thread, but also the stories)!
PS: If someone could link this post to the US forums, you’d have my eternal gratitude!
TLDR: Want to read some non-smutty WoW fanfiction featuring mainly elves? Click the links. Thank you!