Game keeps tabbing and no mouse

Game keeps tabbing out then sometimes i lose my mouse i have tried disabling all my addons but it keeps doing it i tried disabling all my overlays like discord,nivida experiance, yolo mouse, steam but it keeps on doing it, i noticed its since i changed my monitor but dunno if that has anything to do with it.

A new display screen shouldn’t cause anything like this, but did said screen come per chance with any kind of control/management software? If so, it may contain a transparent overlay - and those could very much have an effect just like described.

Hello. It has NOTHING to do with your monitor! I have the EXACT same issue, and it started about 2-4 weeks ago. It has been gone for like a week, and it’s here again. Found a permanent fix? ill report back if I find any helpful stuff.
I also wanna note, that I’ve played bunch of other games. ONLY WoW does this. And I haven’t tried Shadowlands, only Classic Era. Absolutely nothing works, I’ve even reinstalled the game and bunch of other stuff.
Only thing out of the ordinary, is that I have enabled Nvidia DLSS (Image Scaling), but that is not even enabled while I play WoW. So should not have any impact at all. And think it might be like 2 months ago that I enabled it anyways:)
Oh and btw: It is more than just alt tabbing. The game is not responding for a few sec, it kinda freezes and then when it finally works after having a seizure, the mouse only appears 1/2 times. The mouse is still there, but the icon itself is gone:p so it still registers inputs etc. rly weird stuff

Also: Now that u notice overlays… I have started using an overclocking tool probably also 2 months ago ish. I will try disabling it for a while and see if it helps. But again - This issue was gone for like a week, while the overclocking software/overlay was still running. It’s simply MSI Afterburner, which is probably the most commonly used software. Just wanted to mention anything within the realms of possibility tho

2 Likes

Are you using ALT as a modifier for your keybinds and pressing tab to target?

Yea might have to choose the exorcist option. Hope it wouldnt come to this!!!
Cool with a fast answer tho, thanks:)
Im limited to 3 comments on each topic apparently, so had to delete another comment:p

Might want to do a virus scan just to be sure, or call an exorcist if it yields nothing :scream:

1 Like

Are you using NVIDIA Image Scaling (DLSS)? Let me know pls, even if it ain’t enabled in WoW

this is also happening to me lately,i tough it was smth with my pc but i have it for 7 years and allways rock solid,gtx rog 1080 ti,4790k,16gb ram,ssd,rog maximus hero VII…

game just minimizes,then maximizes and no cursor,sometimes it deactivates vsync and the game becomes all stuttery …anyone knows a fix or is the game?

Guys I have found a solution that works atleast for me! I hope you are all using Nvidia Imagine Scaling (DLSS), because fully disabling it will most likely make the issue go away for you too.

You gotta go in nvidia settings and turn it off fully, not just having it off for WoW specifically.
Can just turn it on after in 2sec:) Hope it helps and pls report back it it does

this is not a solution,i have gtx 1080 that doesnt have dlss and still my game minimizes randomly.

The issue is related to NVIDIA settings, and most likely the patch that released the DLSS feature 1½ month ago.

Turn off NIS setting in NVIDIA.
Turn off any overlay. Especially overclocking software.
Update driver. Still dont work? Reset NVIDIA control panel settings to default.
Still not? download driver from like 2½ months ago.

If this do not help, then write again cuz id be interested to know. But most likely it’ll be due to you not properly reading/following the instructions. But it will work tho.
Would be nice with another attitude when I’ve spent a bunch of time gathering all the known issues, contacted support, responding to posts etc. You could have simply said that it sadly didn’t work, and I would have still given you these instructions. Use them or not, up to u if u wanna remain having the issue. But still not a cool way to say thanks:)

this is not a solution,my second rig is amd and radeon and still does this.

Then you should make a new post, because it is a solution to me. Then you are having different problems. You also state that it happens mostly in BGs. So instead if figuring out yourself, its better to come and rub off ur bad mood here? And stop saying it ain’t a solution when it has worked perfectly for me. I’ve spent hours troubleshooting my issue, all you’ve done is complain in here. Others will probably make it work with these instructions.
Besides you just admit not even trying these steps, simply dismissing by saying that ur 2nd rig is amd. Well maybe try the steps, then troubleshoot on amd. It has similar features. Jesus christ:D some ppl

i dont need to troubleshoot nothing because nothing changed on my pcs.

its happening also to my nephew on a laptop…this is blizzard that needs to fix the game.

also,dont mark what u did has a solution since this problem cannot be replicated when you want,and happens randomly,so you cant test if you really did fix it disabling dlss because you cant replicate it!

Hahahah:D What the hell are you doing here man. You come here with a bad attitude, and think you know stuff that you clearly dont. Also, you are not taking steps to solve the issue yourself. Contact support, dont ruin it for others that knows how to follow simple steps. Really gotta ask yourself what the heck ur deal is when commenting on these posts

This is last words for me, as you are clearly a person that dont understand reason. Clearly pretty dumb, toxic and unable to follow instructions. Bye bye, and unlucky nephew tbh, cuz he def aint got an uncle that is able to figure things out

you solution sucks,because you say to disable dlss,and i have 3 pcs without dlss that have the problem,any other game doesnt do that on 3 diferent pcs,with diferent hardware,ITS THE GAME.

because its not me that has to figure nothing out,since im not a blizzard developer.

the game had many problems this expac,flickering colors,stutters when opening shadowlands map,and now this,its just another bug that needs fixin just like others before.

Why on earth are you still talking about DLSS? It is like all you care about is what I initially thought was the case for everybody.
Now I have provided you with the solution that you need to solve your own issue, but instead of following the steps (which takes 5min) you sit here and spread toxicity. Pretty sure u are a narcissist cuz all u care about is this personal conflict, not solution or anything else. So what if I said DLSS first? Move on son, jeeeesus! Is ur brain made out of rock? xD Absolute degenerate material
And even tho it might not specificly be DLSS, it is probably still an image scaling feature, such as NIS, or for amd its called FIR. Keep talking tho, keeps amazing me how stoopid u are

just because you disabled dlss that doesnt mean you fix nothing ,you cant even replicate this problem so dont mark it has a solution.