Goodbye World PvP

Hey.

As most of you Alliance players might have discovered lately the World PVP scenario just isn’t worth it anymore, i’ve been enjoying alot of PVP along the road (primarily casual.) but these days World PVP isn’t fun as Alliance… For every 100 Horde i meet i see 1 Alliance with 150k HP… Everytime you do dailies you can’t kill a single rare because there are 100 Hordes swarming them, if you get attacked by 1 Horde there are 20 to follow instantly, WPvP is neither fun, balanced or worth it anymore… And it pains me to see just how bad it has gotten, i wanted to have the opportunity to do PVP but these days you face nothing but people with 600k+ HP and when there’s 20 of them it just ruins the fun, especially with Corruption literally 1 shooting you.

I’ve been loving WPvP whenever Alliance was present, tho these days they’re non-existant and it’s just not worth it anymore… I hope Blizzard will fix this problem… I’ve also experienced 100’s of Hordes literally camping Northern Strangletrhorn, Duskwood and Redrige literally just ganking lowbies, i don’t think that’s a very good thing for newcomers and believe that really should be sorted… Just a thought…

Anyways, for my sake World PvP is officially dead until Alliance actually start toggling it on again.

14 Likes

Join groups, premades, find friends or cr8 - find players thats help you to finish. This game literally unplayable as solo player in any aspect of the game. Same as horde player, untill u find shard where is ur faction dominating u will face tones of alliance grps doing dailies or invasion. They hotfix at the start of BFA where grp or raid have more priority than solo player, so there is a very hight chance that u enter a shard where another faction have more players.

2 Likes

Lol… it’s kinda the point for Alliance to sort it.

3 Likes

This is the state of any normal realm.
Thats why i moves to Argent Dawn.
Me as most People want to get the bonus from the warmode, but getting camped by hundred of hordes and then some1 tell me “LoL get friends.”
Na dood.

7 Likes

And as horde i see 50 alliance for each horde so just bad sharding

same i see for alliance if not 40 alliance
so as others has said it just the indie company not able to fix their sharding problem since day 1

7 Likes

Could be worse :slight_smile:

1 Like

could be a million times better

5 Likes

A million?

exaggeration promotes understanding.
at least that is a saying from where i live

4 Likes

So 1v40 is exaggeration?

1 Like

Argent Dawn might be little better but there are times in here too when i just want to throw my computer out the window when some edgy Illilolzxdxd or arthasdkdk starts to corpse camp me and they always come from the edgiest of the pvp realms to show their pvp skills by attacking in groups of 3-5 against solo players while spamming laugh/spit emotes.

1 Like

I challenge anyone to play a horde character on Kazzak with warmode on and tell me with a straight face the horde don’t face the same problems.

Kazzak is a predominantly PVE server, the few who do put warmode on all get thrown into alliance overspill shards where i can go (and have) an entire day without seeing a single horde player while doing the dailies for nazjatar, mecha, uldum and vale.

The difference is night and day when you join CTA groups, people can search for hours trying to find 10 people on their shards, but if i make the group and take people into my shard we are done within 5-10 minutes normally

Warmode buffs should be specific to the shard you are in, not a global number.
Just because the horde outnumber alliance on shards 1-500 doesn’t mean the alliance should get 30% buffs while they outnumber the horde in shards 501-750, the horde should be getting the 30% buff in those shards.

Remove AOO, or make it only available in 30% shards that you’re truly and genuinely outnumbered on.

7 Likes

WM shards are cross realm, so the realm your character is on isn’t that important in War Mode. With the exception of normal/RP WM shards being separate. And besides, there’s hardly any Alliance on Kazzak according to wowrealmpopulation.com

The reason the WM extra bonus/aoo is not shard based is because:

1. Bonus/aoo purpose is to encourage outnumbered in region to WM on, not to compensate for being outnumbered on a particular shard.
  2. If bonus/aoo was shard based, players would hunt for shards that had favourable bonus = bigger shard issues.
1 Like

So you proceed to say WM shards are cross realm then talk about Kazzaks alliance population, top kek.

If you don’t understand how sharding placement works then don’t start talking nonsense about it. Kazzak players get placed into overspill shards which are always alliance dominated.
Every day i play the game suffering the exact same situation as OPs complaints, but i don’t get 30% buffs or free gear for it. Why? because it plays out differently on other shards i’m not involved in? Yeah that’s real fair.

Imagine how that would go down in PVE if a faction started getting buffs and bonuses for instanced dungeons and raids all because someone on a different faction on a different server in an entirely different instance to you that you have ZERO control over is killing bosses faster.

Your babbling about how warmode bonuses currently work? i have no idea why you’ve posted it.
But regardless, Point 2, how is this different to how it currently works where everyone shard swaps to favourable shards? You just give the outnumbered quest the same way assault quests pop up and servant of n’zoth warmode pops up.

Oh that’s right, it would mean that some shards alliance don’t always get the 30% buff so naturally you won’t want that will you.

6 Likes

I thought you were saying Kazzak realm was Alliance dominated. I got wrong end of stick :slight_smile:

I wasn’t aware that Kazzak Horde get placed on Alliance overspill shards. Since there are so many Horde on Kazzak, seems like a good use for them.

But how many Alliance overspill shards can there be since they are outnumbered in the region. I doubt many compared to Horde overspill shards.

The extra bonus/aoo is for encouraging more Alliance to WM on in region, to help balance shards. It’s not compensation for being outnumbered on a shard. The base 10% compensates Horde for extra gy runs, no extra bonus needed for them even if outnumbered in a shard.

Because getting an extra 20% on top of the 10% would drastically increase shard hopping. Terrible idea. The purpose of the aoo quest is to get Alliance to turn on WM, gating it like that would not be as effective.

I personally would love a new daily quest based on Horde Slayer tho, except appropriate reward for a daily. Would be fun. Kinda like how you can get a daily reward from looting a bounty, except other way round. Quest could be unlocked AFTER completing Horde Slayer.

except it is easy to see that it dont work, so removing it would level the playing field between factions, now removing the reward completely would be better in my opinion.

and just the point out just because something works one way now does not mean that is the best way to do something, now as you are alliance and most likely love the extra 20% for close to no trouble at all i see how you would defend the system as it is now

2 Likes

Wait, since when kazzak was a pve server?
I Remember that kazzak was a pvp one.

2 Likes

Is it? If Alliance in region did not have 30%, do you think shards would be easier or harder for the shard manager to balance shards?

Or increase the number of single faction Horde shards. Look back in forum before the 30%, Horde were more often complaining about no Alliance in their shards, and WM was probably hemorrhaging Alliance. 30% + aoo has at least stabilized and done something to improve situation.

Or decrease participation and make shards harder to balance. There was no bonus on PvP realms, and they were grossly imbalanced with no mechanism to correct it - that’s one reason we got WM + bonus.

Things can always be improved, but the pros and cons of proposed solutions need weighed up. If removing bonus was to make shards harder to balance - what would be the point of removing the bonus? A change should be for the better.

I don’t care about bonus because it’s a PvE bonus. I am in WM to PvP not PvE.

Reason I defend is because I see the benefits of bonus:

1. Extra bonus + aoo: encourage more Alliance into WM, regardless of their motivation, increases pool of region Alliance to help decrease number of single faction Horde shards.
  2. Standard bonus: encourages more into WM, which means easier to balance shards. WM is PvE+PvP, the more the merrier. Each player in there serves a purpose, regardless of their reason for WM on.

Those with WM on for PvP get their own PvP bonus damage/healing buff based on participation. PvEers get something, PvPers get something, all good. Just need more Alliance to turn on WM for better shard balancing. That is the desired result, but solutions are always gonna have pros and cons.

But, for me as long as there’s Horde to kill that’s my fun sorted :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is some attempt at trolling or just extremely naive but most PVP servers are not filled with PVP players and generally are mostly PVE, it’s not exactly a secret that Kazzak is by far one of the top go to PVE servers for horde.

Because if your comments logic is based purely on Kazzak being a PVP flagged server then well, why are all these alliance players needing free gear and 30% buffs to join in on pvp on a pvp flagged server that they decided to create a character on?

1 Like

There are no PvP realms, I guess you mean former PvP realms. When it was a PvP realm tho, with no bonus or sharding, Kazzak faction imbalance was grossly in favour of Horde (60 to 1 or something) and no mechanism to correct it. A good reason for a Horde to pick that realm I suppose hehe.

1 Like