[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2019

Who knows with the next world update, where the outlands Dark Portal fell off the world and now we’re stuck with only 1/2 of Outlands.

2 Likes

exactly, when that patch comes, its already happened and we’re that much wiser!

I still think that the mag’har introduction scenario should have been about outland finally being uninhabitable and our main universe brown orcs needing some place to go.

4 Likes

This isnt the pet peeve. Go away.

In any case. Good luck you lot with your Kosh’harg! I am placing ten fake krypto coins on Droof to win every competetion.

7 Likes

Today’s the day! Here’s to a week of fun and games!

Some event-related service announcements: Wednesday’s Ritual of the Pale Lady has been postponed by one hour, from 22:00 to 23:00. Furthermore, as if we didn’t have enough events already, we now have an additional event on Thursday, at 22:30, as well: The Last Drinker Standing!

See you all at the Kosh’harg!

6 Likes

Kosh’harg! Kosh’harg! Whoop whoop whoop!

2 Likes

I work multiple evenings, or I have Krav Maga training, but I will appear as many times as I can!

2 Likes

I will sadly have to withdraw this year due to some work commitments, but I wish everyone a very happy (and peaceful :eyes:) Kosh’harg! <3

3 Likes

I am READY!

2 Likes

Oof, that’s some attendance for the first day! A big thank you for everyone who joined in and helped us have a great time! This was only the beginning though, so there’s plenty more to come! Notwithstanding that though, I think we can already say that we can pretty much buy up all of Dazar’Alor what with the amount of money we raised for our orphan charity with the Date Auction. Surely no one will make ill use of all that gold, right? :eyes:

13 Likes

Kosh’harg, whoooo! What an excellent first night. Thanks to Narthák for leading the walk to Oshu’gun, which was a real treat. I can’t believe day one is already over…

But there’s still so much more to do and more people to see!

WHOOOOOO KOSH’HARG!

9 Likes

Hooooly damn this first day! The amount of poeple sure shook me to the core!

Thank you all for coming to the auction! The amount of people signing up was amazing! <3
The auction will pick up tomorrow! I will post a time as soon as we have one!

6 Likes

Definitely feeling the community love from you all, thanks for attending guys, it means a lot! :heart:

8 Likes

A pencil-written letter, structured more like a diary entry, penned in Common with large childlike handwriting. While finished, it hasn’t been sent yet.

Hello Evelynn,

I write these words by the light of a brazier, at the foot of one of many buildings in a town called Garadar.

After leaving Shattrath my mentor and I spent most of today hiking west into Nagrand, through the fields and over the hills. Nagrand is the most lively place I’ve seen in Outland so far, it’s a bit like Mulgore and Stonetalon. It’s good.

It’s more than good. I don’t remember feeling this much at home since ever. Everything is what I want and how I like it, and there’s none of the things that I dislike. The people, I understand them. The wolves trust me. All the sounds and the smells are just as they should be and it’s weird to think I’ve ever lived any different.

There are maybe as many as two hundred people here, many orcs and sin’dorei and tauren, with gobbos and trolls and forsaken here and there.

A peon and an elf go around offering everyone free food and drinks as much as we want, and some of the tauren gave me some of the mudfish they’d cooked over a fire. They couldn’t eat it with their teeth but I enjoyed it a lot. They also caught a really ugly lobster, green and evil looking, probably not tasty so we put him back instead.

There’s a chieftain who is like a leader, he said the rules at the start, but he’s nothing like an NCO or officer. I actually like him. He let me pet his wolf while he did chieftain things. During the rules part, there was a shaman who said that it’s blood that binds the Horde together. Because even if you’re not bloodbrothers or clanbrothers or oathbrothers, everyone here is willing to bleed for each other.

I think that’s true and it’s what I miss sometimes back home, like in the Seventh. In the Rangers, the sergeant said that he has bled for the Rangers, and killed for the Rangers, and he’ll do it again because the Rangers was a bit like a clan. The closest thing to a clan that you’ll find. Maybe that’s why I enlisted with the 2nd when I did.

The thing I want the most is to be a brother in arms to people like yourself. People who’ve been through the fire and who’ll do it again because the clan, the unit, is the most important. More important than liking or not liking. More important than whether you survive.

Today on the first day we went on a pilgrimage to a place called Oshu’gun. It’s a giant white crystal rock that grows out of a field where there are whispers and patterns in the ground, like warpaint made by nature. Or by shaman. It’s a place where draenei and orcs go to receive wisdom from their ancestors. We gave an offering (the ancestors accepted it) and I was one of the people who wanted to walk up to it. Many did ritual things and said words to pay respect to the fallen.

I touched Oshu’gun with my hands.

I didn’t try to reach out to my ancestors, for obvious reasons. But I could feel that there is something or someone there, so maybe my mentor and I can go back on our own sometime to check it out.

On the way back I made new friends, and then people came and went around the big bonfire where we spent the rest of the evening. Some men and women from the warbands and tribes are interested in getting to know me. Everyone is friendly but not like fake friendly.

We laughed, and sang and told stories and ate together and I can’t describe how much it feels like being among old friends, even though I’ve never met any of these people before, only my mentor.

This festival will last another week or two.

I would make it last forever if I could.

See you at the end of the month.

(Unsigned)

For part 2 of this letter, click here: [H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2019 - #199 by Hollins-argent-dawn

8 Likes

Thank you to all who attended the journey to Oshu’gun yesterday evening! It was certainly a lot more people than I was expecting to tag along - well over a full raid’s worth! I hope you all had enough time to pay your respects to those of yours who have passed on in recent times!

7 Likes

It was a great first night! Always fun seeing so many people interacting and enjoying the casual RP together. Can’t wait to see what the coming days shall being.

3 Likes

Aaaaalrighty then!
The auction will continue today, after Karnnas event Iron-blood Competition! While it can be later, expect the auction to pick up by 22:00 Realm Time! I will announce it a couple of times in IC as well!
See you there! ^^

1 Like

Had a blast last night, but Sena didn’t receive much comments on the robe she wore. Y’all be breaking my heart.

But last night was some fun. Threatening an Orc, trying to find beverages to the point she had to wittiness an auction she had no idea that it was a thing in the Horde.

Can’t wait for the rest of the week!

3 Likes

Sena needs a robe with spikes!!

Have fun with Kosh’harg :smiley:

3 Likes

Now there is an idea for such an occasion!

2 Likes