[Horde] Undead, Mogu and Ogre/Mok'nathal Allied Races

Hear me out: Forsaken (like Worgen) are a group that haven’t had an allied race option yet. Given the desperate need for blizzard to bring. If they really want players to come back, they need to go above and beyond, especially for key attractive features like races and classes that draw people.

For the horde, Ogres have been long been coveted, they might not be feasible given their size, however, a mok’nathal half ogre /half Orc - like Rexxar is well within reach.

The Mogu finally are an amazing art group and would make an excellent allied race… now I can see them being horde or like Pandaren, being available to both horde and alliance.

Undead: Lightwreathed Forsaken And Vampiric San’layn

Possible Lore:

1. Lightbound Undead: Calia Menethil and the light have forged a group of undead that were warriors of the light in life, once corrupted by the lich King, and now answering the rallying cry to arms to fight the void. they are the Lightwreathed Lordaerons

1. Vampiric San’layn: Not all undead were of human origin, some of the San’layn seeking a different path chose to join their efforts to the fight, their dire need for blood providing plenty of opportunities on the frontline

Mechanics: San’layn are marked by a vampiric transformation that can occur at random during fights , with a much higher frequency during power up buffs. Ears lengthen, face distorts into fangs, hands transform into claws and size increases:

Racial: A racial that evokes the transformation form doing damage and healing. However you can “show your fangs” at will in and out of combat with a command prompt. lasts for a few seconds.

Lightwreathed Undead: They call on the light to sap the strength and invoke a serenity that causes their enemies to not want to fight, slowing movement, casting and attack speeds considerably.

[image is of Ivanerya in Cosplay costume.

Capital: Lordaeron and/or IceCrown citadel

Classes: Warlock, Priest, Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, DK, Mage, Monk

Blood Elves San’layn are not Darkfallen or Dark rangers, but more radically transformed leaders of them. Darkfallen options are available to blood elves instead.

Blood elves have access to red eyes representing either blood mages or darkfallen. Also the DK undead skins are unlocked to be used for all blood elf classes, however the DK smokey frost blue eyes remain DK exclusive. like this blood elf players can choose to role play as Darkfallen elves. San’layn however are a different race concept.

2. Ogre or Mok’nathal Race

While the desire for Ogres is high, same with Vrykul, there size makes them untenable, however, there is a potential option in the Mok’nathal to get a very ogre like and near orc like half ogre appearance

Possible Lore: Clans of Mok’nathal from Outland and Alternate Draenor made it through to Azeroth. this accounts for the very near ogre versions (AU Mok’natahl) and the near orc Rxxar type versions (outland)

Mechanic: there are no mechanics here, except the skin tone and face body options vary. You have the more round ogre like version and a more musclier ripped version like Rexxar.

Capital and Zone Ogrimmar and Dustswallow Marsh

Classes
Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Shaman, DK, Priest, Hunter, Paladin, Monk

Class explanations:
DK - some of the Mok’nathal that came with the Mag’har orcs actually answered Bolvar’s call and helped in the Shadowlands campaigns, you just couldn’t play as them yet. They were osme of his most elite combatants.
Priest & Paladin: Under the influence of the lightbound in AU Draenor, orgnaised and developed religion had been forced upon the mok’nathal, however some did earnestly believe in the light, if not the uses the Lightbound put it to.
Monk: The monk arts became very popular amongst Mok’nathal who forged deep friendships with the TUshui Pandaren they encountered.

3. Mogu

Possible Lore: Ranjari join the factions, and with them some mogu from the various tribes. Horde Lore: Some of the other Mogu tribes continue their friendship with the Zandalari as horde allies rather than enemies.
Meanwhile: On the alliance (if they also gain access to these), the Ranjari take a shine to their cause and pursuit of the Titan Keepers’ goals that most alliance races actually try to maintain.

Features: Size wise playable Mogu are as in game. Customisable options will reflect the various mogu clans. With special features that have the name of the clan to them. Elaborate head gear pieces reflecting the art. Also female Mogu are a thing too. Optional styles and colours. Mogu will have that heritage armor.

Racials: Racial options will vary based on what clan your mogu belongs too, this is tied to your skin colour choices - so if you’re a purple Mogu, you will have the lightning racial. You can’t have it on a green Mogu from another clan that uses another type of magic…

Classes:
Shaman, Warriors, Priests, Hunters, Mage, Warlock, DK, and Paladins

Class lore:
I can’t bring myself to understand Mogu as Monks, Druids, Rogues or Demon hunters. You could force them to monks, maybe the shadowpan teach some Ranjari? The secret art that was used to defeat them, really? i don’t think so. Druids? erm, shapeshifting into stone Quilien? doesn’t really fit, did night elves once share with the Mogu? Nope, they were friendlier with the Pandaren. Rogues - they are freaking stone, you can hear them a mile off, No.

Despite the many horde paladin options, Mogu would look awesome as Paladins, not a problem if the alliance can have too. As titan keeper creations, they can ahve light access to be both Paladins and Priests - but only those who follow the ways of the Ranjari which is enforcing the duties of the keepers.

2 Likes

Hah. Get rid of this ridiculous faction thing, and first then can we speak about adding new (allied) races.

I’m doubtful that would help though. The two factions aren’t a bad thing, it’s just some of the rigid restrictions.

In my opinion: certain core theme of faction races should clearly be horde or alliance but others should choose:

• Alliance: Humans/Kul’tirans/Gilnean Worgen, Dwarves/Dark Irons, Void elves, Gnomes
  • Horde: Orcs/Maghar, Tauren/Highmountain, Darkspear/Zandalari Troll [new allied Mok’nathal Ogre]
  • Can choose: Pandas, Goblins, Night Elves/Nightborne, Forsaken/Lightwreathed, Draenei/Lightforged, Blood Elves, Vulpera, Mechagnomes [New allied races Mogu, San’layn, Naga naz’dorei and NElf worgen]

The races in the can choose section are newer and are not fixed horde or alliance

blizzard: the best we can do is mecha goblins

Well you kill the san’lain in bfa so no san’lain for you.

It wasn’t all of them, and that’s before a somewhat restored Sylvanas started putting their missing soul essences back in them :wink:

Well the pure sylvanas windrunner my queen would never ally with them.

She would try to save them , atoning for what her broken version did.

How can they be saved? They’re vampires…

Not cured, just less evil, like you’d expect if the missing part of their soul was returned

Other horde options could involve some of the Shadwolands races. I think Night fae, Venthyr and those from Maldraxxus are all possibilities, however, realisitcally only Night fae and Venthyr.

Kyrian is too alliance, Maldraxxus well, that’s more like the scourge as playable, i don’t think it will work well unless it’s a special type of undead that that can maybe choose between several undead transformations

1. Banshee
  2. Ghoul
  3. Vampire
  4. Abomination
  5. spirit

And each of these has a customisable form. You can only choose one undead transformation to be. But you have 5 options. once selected, you can have some customisations.

Your humanoid form will have features… and you would be able o choose an undead DK like version of any horde race

The general idea is that the alliance get the races here:

and the horde get these ones.

Peronslly I like the idea of being able to choose to go into any of a Banshee/Manshee, Ghoul, vamp, Abomination or Spirit.

I personally would love to play an ogre. They are already in the horde and they often work as mercenaries so adding them shouldnt be that much of an issue. Ogres being a playable horde race makes more sense than blood elves joining the horde. So its weird they never got made playable

With some cool features to them, i don’t see why they can’t happen or be playable

the factions must be broken it’s beyond stupid at this point the writers are to inept to write for two factions they can barely even write a single storyline this days they had a chance to set up a faction conflict in bfa and they f’ing failed at it and they will continue to fail in the future all war expansions do is drag the game into the garbage dump one of my favorite expansions is actually Pandaria the first half before it became another Zzzzz faction conflict story it should have ended with Lei Shen being the big bad

The 2 factions are a very bad thing, because the game doesnt have the player base it had and its unbalanced like crazy. I get it, it feels better fantasy wise, but in practice, it just doesnt work anymore.
There should be something like one single faction for content and lfg, because lets face it, we always cooperate to save the world anyway and keep the pvp fantasy with something like rogue extremist groups of bandits disagreeing with the connection or something. BG queues could get better, because it can take anybody and put them on side A or B without a need to search for specific faction. Alliance could finally have an end game content experience, because they wotn be limited by low population. Everybody wins.

I agree withi a lot of what you’re saying, but I somehow feeel the two faction thing is also special.

should inter play happen within that system. It could do … but if the imbalance is the source of all these problems… why not just make the alliance better?

that’s what happened when the horde was the smaller faction, and the game lasted this long, so obviously there was something special about a system.

They made the horde very attractive from TBC onwards with new races, better features, better storylines , better racials… and it did the job.

Today, with faction trasnfers possible, all you need to do is improve the alliance and make it shine in all the above ways and open up some free transfers and watch people switch. Close off transfers once servers are populated enough… but track people’s mains.

Saying that though, making the alliance more attractive, doesn’t mean you can leave the horde alone either. you ahve to improve the horde. I would say for a while the alliance must be more appealing, , but that doesn’t mean the horde shouldn’t be appealing.

So cool races like Mok’nathal ogres, San’layn venthyr types and lightforged forsaken should still come, as well as improvements to existing horde races, but I’d focus those improvements on less popular horde races, giving them better assets and more involvement which should help with the horde identity. Rather than the more popular elven ones, which I would improve better on the alliance, so the horde players and community that tend to find those sort of things the most attractive will fine the alliance versions more appealing and create a net flow towards the blue…at least for a while.

The free transfers should basically fix the problem in an expansion cycle. We didn’t have transfer capability or faction change till the end of WotLk coming into Cataclysm. That tool is available. no one will switch to the alliance if it isn’t tempting and more attractive to do so… but you would speed the equalisation up if you allow free faction changes to blue on heavily populated realms.

This imo, fixes your issues without changing everything and giving up.

But if they want to give up, I won’t be able to stop them, but it will kill wow. Sooner than it would have. This is what happpens when you keep making quick fixes for convenience sake rather than doing a solid, deep and proper redress.

that kul tiran with the ogrea head wtf xDDD

They should do a new version of the San’layn, with a twist, maybe somec ombo of Venthyr and San’layn - the Rivendreth vibe is very Forsaken meets Dracula

Maybe KAel’has and a bunch of high elves who ended up in Revendreth due to the machinations of the scourge war find some justice and are allowed to help in their former homeworld for some reason

Or the Venthyr could go to the alliance instead, mixing with the void elf theme. I rather like ethat Dracula/Castlevania feel, and they do have a night elf and San’layn mixed together vibe.

But that vampire thing is so perfect for being enemies with the worgen werewolves - and yet they could do what they did with the light and void both on the alliance and have both werewolves and vampires on the alliance…that would be really cool

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.