[Alliance] Worgen and Naga Allied Races

Hear me out: Worgen (like forsaken) are a group that haven’t had an allied race option yet. Given the desperate need for blizzard to bring A grade quality to attract players to warcraft and also the alliance. I really hope the next races will go above and beyond.

2 allied Race Concepts for the Alliance are Outlined below I feel can do the trick. I think for both Warcraft and the alliance factions sake, they truly need to be something specical.

1. Allied race based on the Worgen :

But Night elves rather than humans.

Imgur

Potential story: Beastman race: Based on Night elves who’ve been living freely or trapped in the Emerald dream adopting humanoid transformations of 4 wild gods: The Wolf, The Eagle, The Bear, The Panther. Includes the Fangfire group, and other night elves from including some from before the sundering and first invasion of the Legion. The nightmare and events of Legion have forced some of the free ones and freed some of the trapped ones to return. They were aided by the Dreamwarden druids of Val’sharah:

Home: Shaldarassil in Val’sharah, Capital: revamped Shal’anir

Mechanics: 2 Form state: you are free to use elf form or beastman form during combat.

Night elf form:

• Night elf but with animal/plant features: Such as:
  • Antlers options, (can choose not to have any)
  • Feathered arms options, (can choose not to have any)
  • Goat faun feet and leg options (can choose normal Nelf legs feet)
  • Leaf hair texture options ( can have normal hair),
  • Gnarled root hands: Like keepers of the grove

You can customise for all these, or have the elf form vanilla (like DHs did), colour options for feathers, antlers, hair (whether leaves or normal

Imgur

Based on Malfurion in gear.

Beastman form:
You can choose one of Worgen, Eagle man, Bear man or Cat man as your beastman transformation. You have customisations for each of these forms. Mostly skin colours, eye colours, beak colours, and certain features where possible.

Examples of what they look like:
Eagle: Based on High Arrakoa or Akil’zon from Zul’Aman
Imgur

Panther man: Based on Cat form druid option and Saberon
Imgur

Bear man: Based on Narolakk or Mage tower Guardian druid
Imgur
Imgur

Worgen:

Classes:
Druid, Priest, Shaman, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, Monk, DH

Lore on a few of these:

• DH are older NElf DHs who entered the Emerald dream to hunt demonic activity and got trapped there, - you don’t use the DH starting experience as you start from level 10).
  • Mages - some of these are night elf mages who also studied nature combining the two in the pre-cursor to the valewalker order, they were the first elves to enter the Emerald dream and explore this magical realm, but were unable to find a way back, they continued their exploration. Their inability to return is the reason why millennia later, after the sundering, druids would undergo a precise ritual to enter the realm safely via their spirits, rather than in the flesh. These night elf mages bonded with some of the wild gods there too, and like other night elves in there, were able to return to the waking during the events of the Legion expansion.
  • Monks: The art form was learnt by some who were taught by celestials themselves they were able to contact in the emerald dream - thanks to their love for the stars.

2. Naz’dorei - Naga /sea elf form

Concept art from Bigmama on Reddit/MMO-Champion

Possible lore story: Naga who’ve turned and have been undermining Queen Azshara for millennia and after her defeat have arisen to join the night elves warning of her secret and most dangerous new plot. Some secretly followed the old ways (Elune and reverence for nature), they were aided to achieve optional transformation back to Elves, and can move in between either form at will.

Home: Naz’jatar, City: Naz’jatar on the other side of the Eternal Palace that wasn’t shown fully in 8.2

Mechanic: Fight in either a cool new naz’dorei elf form or bring out the claws as a serpentine naga. Entering water will automaically trigger your full naga state, however mounting will trigger your night elf state.

Classes:
Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, DK, DH, Monk, Druid, Paladin

The lore of the last 3 are as follows:

• DKs, some were turned by Bolvar, they were naga magical disguised in night elf form fearing rejection if unmasked but seeking access and mastery to domination magic and the call of the Shadowlands. They were assumed as new night elves.
  • DHs, some of these followed Illidan hunting demonic activity under the seas as double agents on the pretext of eliminating old god opposition under the seas.
  • Druids as some kept the nature ways alive in secret, and once joining the alliance immediately took to training with the druids.
  • Finally as monks because some wanted to master the skills of the Pandaren and wandering travelling Panda monks were all too willing to teach them.

Full concept with art images available here:

14 Likes

The sea elves look neat

8 Likes

Super sick man, they’re incredible - I especially like the faces of the elf forms - believe it or not night elf male faces that actually look handsome the degree you expect an elf to be.

I can’t take credit for it, guy called BIg Mama, mocked em up - I thiink they’d be hugely popular because you get both a monster race (fanatical to some) and an elf form (huge following) + it’s the naga night elven development that has a lot of fans.

2 Likes

No more elves, 4 is enough;w; as someone trapped perpetually in the loop of playing a race which gets little love from blizzard i think I can speak for many when the last thing worgen need is a allied race when the core race itself has had little meaningful customisation if none, they’re well behind the more popular races

2 Likes

Legit the first time I’ve seen anyone come up with allied races I’d want…

Lot of people have said “naga” - nobody’s said “sea elf” and actually tried to make it work with armour sets that require 2 legs :joy_cat:

6 Likes

The fact you can choose which form to stay in at any time helps also, I know some people will play this just for the elf form and some who hate elves will pick it just for the naga form. It would be a huge win. I think the alliance needs it’s new race concepts to really be attractive and appeal to alot of players. The game also needs big wins in all departments.

I wrote this, then saw your post after. Might have saved you the trouble as I think the way these two races work would suit you as you don’t have to be in elf form if you don’t want to.

Take it this way. These two are “elf” races if you count Worgen as human races, and if you do, why aren’t you complaining about the 5 human races?

Still, isn’t this a better option? because if you don’t like the elf forms, you can stay in the monster versions indefinitely. - those in elf forms would just be other players - likely elf players re-rolled so there will be no more or less floating around.

And if elf players floating around disturbs you so much, then what do you do in games where everyone is human?

I just don’t understand. Hate elves you have other options. Would you not play either of these because they have an lef form?

1 Like

I think so aswell, they probably can swim very fast :smiley:

It’s hate

Discrimination no doubt for sure.

I’ve wanted to play as a Naga since OG TBC.

Looks like the dude who designed the Naga explained a way to have it so they can mount.

Transformation just like the Worgen.

BUT

The Naga joins Horde.

You can have your Beast Men.

1 Like

Oh no, the alliance can’t have something you want badly as that might lead you to switch to it and help even that awful number disparity :wink: :wink:

But seriously, if they were playable, would you play alliance?

1 Like

Once upon a time this Orc used to be a Human.

Edit: Maybe…

Nagas look sicks

1 Like

Hang on. That’s giving Alliance essentially four races? Some sort of Botani/Ardenweald mash-up, Furbolg, Saberon and Arrakoa.

Demon Hunter makes no sense for any of those, though the other classes could theoretically make sense, yes. Demon Hunter -only- makes sense for Night Elves and Blood Elves.

And then a Fifth. Naga.

Does that sound balanced to you?

So What Five races are the Horde getting? I mean I wouldn’t say no to Gnolls, revamped Kobolds(problem there being they would be too similar to Vulpera) Centaur’s and so on, but this does look a lot like trying to get five new Allied races for the Alliance, without considering the balance problems.

Also with regards the ‘Sea Elves’ idea, why not just Naga? They don’t need a ‘humanoid’ form. If they want to ride a mount, they can sit in a saddle and coil their tail around it’s underneath to keep themselves in place, we know the Naga have muscles in their tails, they should do, they use them to swim.

How would the arms situation work? Female Naga by large tend to have four arms. Have you considered the ramifications of say, a Fury Spec Female Naga Warrior? Wielding four weapons at once. I mean don’t get me wrong, I’d roll one in a heartbeat, because I do love me some ‘General Grievous’ look, but that isn’t exactly a balanced race. The Implication would also be that they learned how to overthrow the power of an Old God, which even Aszhara couldn’t do, thereby making a starting character of that race intrinsically more powerful than Aszhara, which is a really dodgy precedent to set.

Also DH makes no sense for them. This just sounds a lot like wanting more Alliance DH races. Alliance has one, Horde has one, which are the only two that make sense… Let’s leave it at that.

I kinda have to agree here. We have 4 Elven races, and of those 4, 2 have a unique class that only they can play. It really is better to try and think of newer ideas to give a bit more ‘oomph’ to the Alliance than just ‘more Elves’.

I mean it’s pretty artwork, but it is also trying to shoehorn five new races into the Alliance, which I’m not sure is a viable concept.

There’s only really three. Stormwind Human. Gilnean (But really they’re Worgen, if you want to play an unafflicted Gilnean, as I do, you roll Human) and Kul Tiran. That’s it. Anyone saying Forsaken are a Human race is just mental.

Night Elves already got an ‘Allied Race’. The Nightborne, just that they’re on the other Faction, in exactly the same way that Blood Elves got an ‘Allied Race’, the Void Elves, just that they’re on the other Faction.

The Alliance need something more unique. Stop trying to tie it all in to Elves. You want Arrakoa? Fine, just say so, Horde can have Gnolls. You want Naga? OK, it doesn’t make much sense, but cool, Horde can have Centaur…

Better to be the pity Faction and have to suck it up when Horde only player mock you eh?

Given that I already play both factions, sure, I’d hecka play a Naga. Doesn’t bother me none which faction they’re on, I’m a Roleplayer, I can play the ‘bad guys’ to whoever are the ‘good guys’.

So? Technically it’s one race if they say it is, it’s really a forest based animal parts modified night elf that instead can have a choice of it’s transformed form.

I think the lure is that it feels like having four races, but it’s only one. It’s like the druid class for races really. They kinda need to pull some true aces out of the hat for world of warcrat, and especially the alliance, the state is awful

Anyway, the horde isn’t left behind either

i feel those would be pretty exciting too.

See above. But also it’s disturbing if you keep thinking that if someone proposing something good for the alliance, it’s unfair because they haven’t mentioned something for the horde. I very much doubt people who suggest something good for an area or group they are focused in don’t mean the other group to have something. they are just not focused on that for their topic.

I always find it weird when people come against good suggestions from fans for whatever cause they are writing about, and go… "that’s unfair, what about “warriors” or what about “the alliance” or what about the horde - what about raids…? when the poor fan was just wanting to talk about what they liked. Those disruptors should go make topics about the things they want rather than drag the poor fan and quench their creative fire and enthusiasm just because the fan (not a developer) isn’t catering to all the other aspects of the game too in their topic.

Can’t expect people to make a suggestion for everyone when they have an idea for their group. And it just because they suggest something really cool, doesn’t mean that other races or classes or factions or parts of the game not mentioned won’t get something either.

Currently though, the alliance needs some really exciting stuff regardless of what the horde get, it’s really dying. We know that. It’s okay and necessary for them to get truly extraordinary stuff, and this is regardless of what the horde will get. Just because I don’t mention what the horde will get doesn’t mean i don’t want them to get something nor does it mean they won’t, it’s just not my area I’m dealing with here.

I don’t understand this either, it seems fan contrived, we have nightborne and void elves because they are the sub races for night elves and blood elves, every other race got one so far except Forsaken, worgen and Pandas, this idea will certainly fill the worgen sub race slot for sure, if they were human that would bring the human related race tally to 6 (stands at 5 atm)…but that’s irrelevant. Whether several races are elven, human or orcish each is treated as their own race. Not my place to fix those balance issues or suggest for the horde or forsaken (another human based race) what they should get just to appease a disgruntled horde fan replier sick of elves on a topic for alliance races.

I also don’t understand why people should be surprised if elves get more, they are the most popular races. and blood elves did not get more allied races than anyone else, nor did night elves, at least not yet. However if there popularity can be made to make races like Naga and beastmen more popular, then they should.

those who don’t like elves in this example can stay in beastman form or naga form and focus on the fantasy that is based on the naga or the beastman.

Technically beastman is a the worgen allied race, it’s more appropriate for this mechanic that the humanoid form is night elven based, and it would aid it’s popularity. Should it be human yet again when the concept is night elven based and we already have 5 human based races?. It’s okay for more races to have human, night elven, undead or orcish connections, they’re bigger races both in the lore and by popularity.

Secondly, this is the alliance, and they tend to like elves more - notice most of the elf haters are from the horde crowd and are often directed at the large amount of blood elves, alliance members are happy to have more elf based stuff.

Besides it doesn’t go by that, Naga are popular , and they are a night elf off shoot, that hasn’t stopped it’s popularity, some would hate them as they hate elves, that shouldn’t stop blizzard from doing something attractive or desired… just because it’s elven connection

That’s just silly fan prejudice…but it’s most prevalent on forums when people complain they don’t get attention, yet ignore all the changes they get, because the truth is, they’re likely just sick of hearing elf fans go on.

blizzard should focus on doing tings that are really good and popular… that will boos their game, I think these are, if you scrap them or change them because they are elf based to please a tiny disgruntled minority, you risk putting of and diminishing the attractive value to the vast majority who love this thing .

We have always had elf haters, and they will always come on posts like this and say elves have too much or some other excuse because they just hate you. That’s why other races exist, and we know blizzard has given stuff to other races, and humans and orcs, and undead Sylvanas are the pet favourites.

1 Like

So Surely that is just basically a second version of the Druid Class, but one that is exclusively Alliance?

But with iconic races that aren’t achievable on Horde, you see what I’m getting at here? It’s asking to have, as Night Elves, Druid 1.0, Druid 2.0 and Druid 3.0.

Don’t you see how damaging that would be to those people who only play Alliance? Any time someone who only plays Horde mocks them for being a charity case they’d just have to take it. They’d have no comeback. Because there is no comeback.

By definition it is?

Ogres would be awful, and are not as popular as Alliance only fans keep telling us they are. Mok’nathal are at this time utterly pointless, now that we have Mag’gar (Cheers Blizz, a customisation disguised as an Allied Race)
Nobody want’s freaking more Undead apart from Americans who haven’t got their Twilight fix, and the only one interesting there is Mogu. Who really hate the Horde, and have no reason to sign up. I mean they -really- hate the Horde, probably more than they hate the Alliance. They also hate everyone. That’s like “We want cool stuff, have stuff you don’t want, and stuff that hates you”

Gee…thanks…

You say ‘disturbing’ I hear ‘balanced’.

That’s the thing. It’s -not- weird. It’s human nature, and we are all human beings. “We want this cool stuff, and you can have…err this?” “Did anyone ask if we wanted that?” It is like the Nightborne scenario all over again. You have people actually claiming that Horde were clamouring to have Nightborne. No they weren’t. Nobody expressed interest in that, or even thought it was a possibility at the time, just give it two years, in fact, you don’t even need to, people are already claiming it “Horde wanted Nightborne and Horde got Nightborne!” Uhh, no, that never happened, that literally (In the correct sense of using the word literally) never happened.

So people often misread the situation, and make stuff up. Which is where you can get mad stuff arising.

But the thing is, that is a self manufactured situation, and no, it isn’t OK and necessary, it would be unfair and imbalanced. That’s not OK…

Forsaken are not a human race. They are Undead. They are sentient and sapient zombies. Once they were human, they are no longer human. This is like insisting that we class Kaldorei, Shal’dorei, Sin’dorei and Ren’dorei as Troll races.

Thing is, you state your request is for Worgen and Naga Allied races. But it isn’t, is it? If you’re being honest. It is ‘More stuff for Night Elves’
Both of those concepts are tied to Night Elves.

1. not 5. Human. Worgen. Kul Tiran.

No actually, it looks the other way around…

I think we know why that is, and it is not healthy…

1 Like

Damaging? Where you see damage, others see exciting and different. IF a druid is not your cup of tea don’t play it, and if the beastman isn’t yours don’t play it.

You can’t shift between different beastman forms, you pick one - like the worgen, but unlike the worgen youcan choose to fight in your elf form or beastman form at will, because the night elf form is not identical to the night elf like the worgen’s human form is.

Stop comparing to the horde, the horde will get exciting options too, you are simply playing devil’s advocate on the premise of this isn’t fair to the horde -when you have no idea what the horde is getting and you have eto factor in your opinion is subjective too on what is appealing.

You may like this a lot and covet it or similar for the horde, others may, and if it’s actually a bit too good for the alliance, maybe that’s a good thing for the alliance to have a race or two that have the edge over the horde for a change, I’m sure their numbers need the boost.

Again, subjective opinion, it’s not fun for you, just because you may not like an option doesn’t mean others wouldn’t. Head over to the Horde page, the ogre suggestion is actually a double race in one, it’s both ogres and Mok’nathal presented as mok’nathal and elimating the ened to have an "official"ogre allowing you to get away with a smaller identical looking version under a different name in addition to what you originally thought was Mok’nathal

1. These are all suggestions too, on both sides, this topic only address a proposal for the alliance, the horde version is not a certain counterpart. As mentioned earlier, I am sure the horde would get something cool too. For some people, it may not be as cool as the alliance (this is fine, the alliance need it anyway) for others it may be cooler than what they alliance get (this is also fine, they’ll be happy)

The aim of this post is not to present a balanced proposal, you can’t expect everyone who makes a suggestion for a group they love to then come up with a counter suggestion for the other side…

1. They would not do a good job, because that’s not what they are passionate about, it’s better if someone who was passionate about the other side did that in a separate topic

2. They don’t need to since their topic is not about what the other side get, whether it’s the other faction or the other races or the other classes or the other game features.

It is not hey I 'm a a designer therefore I am obligated to provide options for everyone when I suggest something. These are desires, fantasies, ideas, hopes coming from fans for what they like. Don’t criticise them purely because they are not expanding their topic to cover the other side. They don’t have an obligation too, and they won’t do it to a level that will satisfy you who may be a fan of that side and possibly capable of coming up with something far more desirable for yourself or for your side. Which if you do, you should make a topic about it.

When you do I ams ure you would appreciate people commenting about what you did rather than the other class or race or faction you had no interest in and weren’t writing about.

Human being s are also intelligent too, wha mightappear as nature, can be unlearned or relearned. If you’ve gotten into the habit of expecting a fan to be a designer with every suggestion they make and obligate them to do the same for the entire game, then get out of that "human nature "desire or at least applly your brain muscle and realise that it’s not on them to doso even if it has become a tradition on forums like this to do such things.

it is unreasonable to suggest this of them when they are only writing about what they are passionate about. it’s the actual paid and real developers job t go okay, if this idea is reall cool for the alliance, let’s do something cool for the horde and come up with something.

But i can guarantee you, whatever they come up with, people are going to view the grass on the other side as green, and sometimes it would be that more people will view one side’s addition as cooler than the other. Is this not what happened with Draenei and blood elves? This happens too. you can’t please everyone.

Try to do the best you can all the time, and no one should be afraid of doing something cool for the alliance or suggesting it, so please don’t go intimidating those who suggest it by demanding they provide something for the horde, then falling down heavily on them if it doesn’t measure up to your standard of cool or is not as cool as you feel their idea for the alliance was.

Manufacturing a need or demand for a poster to prrovide for the the other side is even more contrived. They are under no obligation too, they are free to make a topic about what they want, you can’t go criticsiing their ideas because they didn’t do the same for the other side.

It is what I think will be cool for the alliance, which is why I am suggesting it. Why would it matter to you as a player that is well known for liking the horde and horde elves in particular and criticising or opposing the vast majority of alliance suggestions, especially ones that concern elves?

Yeh I like Night elves, they are not the only race I like, but guess what, I like naga too, a race based off night elves, and love the druidic nature type beastman that started with the worgen, also tied to night elves though it used humans.

For me, it will come naturally to propose things I find cool. It’s great if you find them cool, but if you are opposing them because you really like them and they are not proposed for your faction, then be at least honest about it.

Your problem is not with the idea, it’s because it’s on the alliance, because you are feeling this is unfair to the horde as your main argument, and the horde has not figured in this discussion at all. This is not about what the horde should get or could get, it’s about cool things for the alliance regardless of what the horde gets, whether it’s cool to you or not cool to you, or cool to me or not cool to me.

Human, Kul’tiran, Forsaken, Worgen + Gilnean human (simply because you count the transformed race as a another race). And 6 when the inevitable forsaken allied race (likely Lightforged undead) will come.

How do you figure that?

There might be a higher volume of vocal elf supporters on the horde: but this is because horde elf fans a re a lot more active, and the engaged gaming community has a massive horde majority - so it may appear like it looks the other way round.

The horde also has the biggest amount of elf opposers, hating the blood elves for flooding the faction to.

Meanwhile on the alliance you may have much smaller numbers engaged, but across the board you have a much higher percentage throughout the faction liking and desiring elves, even though they may also like other races more… Night elf players were certainly not the only ones asking for high elves on the alliance. and all the alliance players wanted improvements to night elves. Well nearly all, even though their total number is dwarfed by the horde - which is exactly the problem that warrants cool stuff that horde elf majority may like coming to the alliance in cooler ways, because hopefully it may attract them to switch over evening out the number imbalance a bit.

it doesn’t mean horde won’t also get cool races, but maybe not quite as many of the type the large horde elf crowd might go ape over, and this might be a good idea for them to be more attracted to an alliance set of races. It would be the smart move to help encourage or entice migration.

It definitely isn’t.

1 Like

Why does every Race HAVE to have an Allied Race associated with it…?

Strictly speaking, both the Forsaken AND The Worgen are (predominantly, in the case of the Forsaken) Humans that suffered side-effects of some unnatural affliction. OK, death is mostly natural, but resurrection to Undeath isn’t).

Naga, on the other hand, are an (unnatural?) evolutionary branch of Elves… just as the Jinyu are to Murlocs; but in the case of Jinyu it’s for the better.

what about Tuskar and gild goblins ?
and Orgs
leper gnomes or undead gnomes what serves forsaken …
undead night elves seen in broken shore
drow/dark elf
forest elf
snow elf

Tuskar (walrus people)…? Pass.
Gilgoblins - as seen in Vashj’ir…? I’d say evolutionary mutation of Goblins (Goblins with gills, like fish?).

EDIT:
fel elfs outside Suramar - Nightfallen? Simple - Nightborne, deprived of the Nightwell.
leper gnome ? Irradiated Gnomes from Gnomeregan; thank the Troggs…

All Elves evolved from Trolls, way before the Warcraft Universe was made into games.

Where, specifically…? … or do you mean ghosts of fallen soldiers?