I just saw a Orc Warrior with Spinal Reaper

There’s basis for what I’m saying. You saying it’s normal for it to have been cleared on 1.12 in a week when the numbers never allowed it in the past for previous patches before it thus meaning there was no precedent for it, is what’s more unreliable.

So, it is better that the first two tiers of raids get facerolled?

this “it’s non-authentic” attitude will be the death of classic well before it’s time.

I don"t know about raids and endgame stuff, but i do agree that this game feels so nerfed and it’s nothing like vanilla.
Im returning after many years and game is much more easier…dont wanna repeat myslef so i stop here.
Oh yea and i hate AOE/SPAM dungeon exping or whatever its called , since chat is filled with those i have to search witch /who command for rest of party, which is not a big issue for me ,but game feels lot worse to this then i remmember and my ignore list is getting bigger and bigger regarding those people. Prolly had to choose less pupulated server or smthing i dont know. I feel disapointed overall.

1 Like

Of course they had engineers, but they didn’t understand just how good it is, because if they did, it would have been a requirement for every raider.

There wasn’t any enforced need for them all to have it back then. They cleared things just fine even without having the entire raid using it. It’s the speedrunners who goes with full engineering raids who found a need for it.

That’s still just an assumption you’re making. Your assumption being “it wouldn’t have happened back in 2005 given the same conditions”, but you have no basis to simulate these conditions. What proof do you have that it’s the numbers that didn’t allow it, rather than the fact that players didn’t know how to do it with worse numbers? What proof do you have that players back then reached the skill ceiling that today’s players have?

So now you’re saying if they had a full engineering raid back then they could have done the speedrun? You’re contradicting yourself.

The sad truth is that ALEX WAS RIGHT.

Literally didn’t say that. I was talking about the speedrunning culture that’ll go through the smallest corner of dust to find the smallest of gems that did it. There was no need for it back then, because they weren’t speedrunning. They were progressing with what they had and min-maxing talents as well as playstyles.

Of course it is. It’s however an assumption with actual basis for it, unlike yours.

People on my server are legit recruiting level 55s in greens to go kill Rag like it’s nothing.

1 Like

Or they could have just had a much easier time killing bosses by having everyone be an engineer? But they didn’t, because they lacked the understanding that we have today.

Yes, I do think that’s ok. It was a choice that was made. In a few months less hardcore players will hit 60 and try. For them it will be as it was after 1.12 went live.

As mentioned already, it’s about the enforced need. The speedrunners found a need for it by turning over every stone. There was no need to turn over every stone back then, because they did fine without it. They did however turn over most of the stones, so dunno why you’re getting so hung up on just that one.

this is OK for you only if you just want welfare epics without any effort.

Any raid that does not have 40 people with 90% BiS preraid slots filled MUST be in constant risk of wiping after smallest mistake.

As I said +50% DPS/HP increase to all raids ASAP if Classic will have any chance to survive to phase 3

1 Like

So you’re telling me that more developed game theory, number crafting, player organisation, better infrastructure (addons, Discord, etc) and better availability of all that information has nothing to do with players doing content more easily than they did 15 years ago?

Next thing you’ll tell me is that players can’t finish Dark Souls in ~30 minutes because the numbers don’t allow it.

Not as much as you try to make it seem. It helps the many reach up to a higher level, but not the few who always excelled.

Or so you assume.

I honestly didnt think this was a big problem a few weeks ago, but seeing everyone blasting through Molten core so easily, Ragnaros getting killed before submerge, reading all the patch notes i realize we are playing a very nerfed version of vanilla, i am very dissapointed with this and hope blizzard can still fix this.

Based on… what?

For me personally it doesn’t matter as I barely have time for a 2 hr instance of anything.

However as I said before, this was the state of the 1.12 patch. MC was easy. I was doing Naxx by that time.

I do agree that everything feels easier than I remember it, but I had finished leveling my characters by May 2005 and was doing MC. Is that patch 1.4 maybe?

My point is that this is authentic to how it was in 1.12 in terms of difficulty. I also agree that this version might be more fun if it was harder, but that’s a change.

but since there is no NAXX in phase 1, the role of that difficulty MUST be taken by MC and ONY.

therefore, raising the difficulty of MC and maybe BWL later on is MANDATORY for the Health of the game.