[ Important? ] Building a better AD

With that being said, I would love a RP mode for all instances that automatically clears them of all mobs and lets you enter each of them in a group of up to 40 even when it’s just a dungeon. Would be neat for events.

5 Likes

or even better, they could remove the wacky kick timer thing that’s on the open world versions of the wet nerd temple and the druid emo dungeon and a few other places.

4 Likes

What are these places actually called?

Having an RP mode for dungeons that increases capacity and gets rid of mobs would be cool though.
Do some things in Mechagon or Waycrest.

2 Likes

don’t put me on the spot like that man i don’t know i forgot

it’s the nightmare dungeon in valsharah and the tidesage dungeon in stormsong

3 Likes

This one they really went overboard with it too, since I’ve been kicked on the flight-path leading to sometimes. The area is bigger than the actual dungeon-zone(for no valid reason) and only like 2-3 seconds of reaction time.

1 Like

In recent times I’ve been really pained with wanting to do RP in Scholomance / Stratholme inter-faction and with more than 5 human beings but alas

I know there’s a way to get into uninstanced strath but I’m no CHEAT

2 Likes

It is something we all want. I personally would love to have Waycrest capacity increased. It’d make an awesome RP area especially around Hallows End.

1 Like

Me at the gates of instanced dungeons I want to use for my RP events

Oh, the things I’d do with the Grimrail if only it were possible!!

7 Likes

I might be wrong but aren’t some of the Cata dungeons accessible without being instanced?

Lost city of the Tol’Vir is. But given what it is, the city of an unplayable race who are confined to a single zone it’s not a super friendly location for most people’s RP.

There are, thou they ain’t that interesting, plus they are still full of mobs.

Not -that- foolish. It’d work as an RP mode that you can opt-in to. Similar to warmode. It’d be a game mode that only has the essentials for roleplay on (barbers, transmog and flavour NPCs) and can be activated and disabled in main capitals on RP servers only.

GW2 has storymodes. It can be similar to that.

2 Likes

Which are just dungeon runs really. Still enemies everywhere, still scales with players, still max 5 people

Also why was this a reply to me im gonna sue

I played some GW2 way back, but not enough to know the full scale of the game. But that does sound like so much fun, if that was implemented into WoW… that’d be awesome.

Sadly it’s not what it sounds like, not by long shot

Awwwww, really?

It’s really just a dungeon run

Basically, GW2 dungeons have 4-ish paths
You start off with the story mode, the main-plot relevant story of that dungeon

Then, there’s exploration mode, which send you through one of three paths that explore a different aspect or story of said dungeon. All of these, story and exploration alike, function as actual max 5 man dungeon runs.

They’re not what you’re asking for basically

2 Likes

For those that want to see a better AD when it comes to big server events and whatnot, I’m running a three-day Lunar Festival event with others, check it out here: Lunar Festival 🌙 (12th/13th/14th Feb 2021)

More large events like this would be great imo, they really allow more cross-community interaction between guilds/people that might not otherwise meet. The next big event is Noblegarden, it’d be neat to see something for that.

15 Likes

Also nobody acts immersive in a story like way they rush through it like everbody does in wow dungeons.

On the wonderful topic of building a better piece of AD my little band of mischief makers are hosting yet another Moonlit Market this month to celebrate our guilds second year aniversary. Come take a look.

We’re generally trying to breathe life into Nightborne Roleplay, which has sadly been on the decline for a while now due to many factors (Blizz fix the models please). But if you can look past the janky looks we’ve a home for many Nightborne in Eternal Sisterhood.

If you’re curious about what we get up to, why not check out our ongoing big plot thread?

7 Likes