Is RDF really ruining social aspects of the game?

Why? I have been playing the game since vanilla. Why do you feel that posting on a lvl 70 from tbcc has anything to do with it?

Excellent - so you’re not part of the Classic playerbase currently. I’ll requote myself again because you still don’t seem to be absorbing it’s meaning.

1 Like

Because not posting on one makes everyone think you don’t play TBCC, and are therefore demanding changes be made to a game on behalf of a community you aren’t part of.

Post on your TBCC main.

1 Like

First, this is not a change. This was implemented in WotLK. I do not demand any change. You are the one that demands it to disappear because you have a rogue at 70 :S I dont speak on behalf of the community, and this applies to you as well.

6 Likes

I have a rogue at 70, a shaman, and a mage. And another mage @62.

And if you’re not demanding change, you’re OK with RDF being off/missing until at least TOC/ICC?

Post on your TBCC main

I support LDF solely from a #NoChange point of view. I tell what I tell because I think that you’re mauling the truth - or at the very least giving a very one sided view on LFD - maybe it’s PvP vs. PvE once again, I can’t tell.

And I just told you that I did not use RDF before I reached level 80 in Wrath, and I fully intend to do the same - that is not use it before level 80 - in Wrath Classic. So why is it a problem that I am not yet level 70 in TBCC?

• Keep LFD, Dual spec, Race and Faction changes in Wrath Classic (but not at launch)

• Give 2 Era servers for TBCC

• Let the RP servers survive … or give a new, non-fresh PvE realm for transfer

I have priest, warlock, hunter, paladin at 70, mage, rogue,warrior, 2nd lock at 61, elem shaman at 64.

They said they start with the game at 3.3.5. If still they prefer to add it later, I am fine. You still have not provided any reason why not to be there. Discords are there (and ofc back then there werent, just saying) so your fear of getting … ninja looted in a dungeon or having someone act like an !@$ is not different with LFD or not. You can report her to your discord. I have provided several reasons why the system now sucks but you are not making any conversation. An a$$ will be an a$$ either in LFD or in LFG at world chat.

3 Likes

Post on your TBCC Main.

He doesn’t know why he doesn’t want LFD :stuck_out_tongue: It is obvious, don’t bother.

I suspect you to be rigth, but I think it’s more a question of taking the vacant position.
I’m only wondering why he’s so fixated on mains. Why should I tell him where to come and harass me in-game?

The reason I’m against RDF/LFD is because it’s one small change, like many small changes, which cumulatively lead to retail being the unsalvageable mess it is currently. Retail is SO FAR GONE that it gave rise to the Classic servers and community we have now.

More specifically, it’s a change that discourages the building of social groups and encourages players to view other members of the community as faceless, interchangeable NPC’s who exist purely to facilitate their own character advancement. It’s dehumanising and sets dangerous precedents for degenerate player behaviour, which breaks down the community that defines this game.

This is important because Classic WoW isn’t hard, it never was. It was never popular because it was difficult, it was popular because of how it brought people together and created stories that they remembered for nearly 2 decades and still bring them joy when they think about it today.

Because until you can show your part of the community and are TAKING PART in the community, then your opinion isn’t based on experience, its baseless and whimsical at best.

Encouraging change that will hurt the community when you aren’t contributing to it in any way is selfish and people should take that into account when considering your opinion.

Why would I want to harass you in game?

3 Likes

As a player, also in BCC I am a part of the community,
I have all the experience with TBC and Wrath you could wish from the first time around. That I want to chill this time around does not make my point of view worth less.
I am all for NO CHANGES as Blizz ruin everything they change. and as LFD was in Wrath it should also be in Wrath Classic.
That patch 3.3.0 was the beginning of the retailification and the end for Classic, so if you’re against the retailification of Wrath Classic you should ask for it to be built on an earlier patch.
Selfish is actually the last thing you could call me as I am probably NOT going to use the RDF at all, as I do not do Dungeons right now, maybe never again because of my eyes being bad. So I fight for it only because of #NoChanges.

Sorry for that last one.
I have been harrassed in game for forum posts at an earlier time. That’s why iI hide behind this Forum Persona now.

Happy? Or should i post on any of the other 70’s i got?
As if my points or oppinions changes according to what char im posting on… I always post on that sham, was my first sham and like him(call it sentimental value).

So am i? There are loads of people ninjaing or behaving bad, but they still manage to fill up their raids with somewhat ease i’d say.

No, not really. I mean in an ideal world, sure. But in reality, majority of the players dont spend time on forums or server discords, so they dont really know who did what/when/where.

This is a pretty pointless arguement. Its more or less the same as bashing someones grammar.

Thanks for posting on your main char. It’s important for the reasons i listed above - and nothing like using being a grammar police.

This is true, and I would fully agree with you … if this was discussion 15 years ago … removing LFD now will only make the game worse … it wont suddenly magically bring back Harambe and fix society, people have changed as much as the game …

So we will get Ulduar, ICC and ToC first week because of the patch releases? Awesome.

1 Like

Shhhh, you’ve pointed out the flaw in his strawman argument!

I have no idea how it would work in Wrath as I didn’t play back then. But in retail yes it does ruin the social aspect. People don’t have time or are interested in typing generally. People just speedrun the dungeons. But that’s also because retail is a very fast game where there is little to no downtime. I don’t know how Wrath is but it can’t be as fast, so maybe it would be better.

1 Like

Making an argument out of “RDF BAD, NO SOCIAL” when the LFG chat is literally 90% GDKP runs, Boosts and SWP Trash (Looking for Buyers) is something that I love to read, because it showcases how stupid people really are.

With RDF in the game (probably better used if first it searches within your own realm only, before an X amount of time), at least you would be able to “counter” the freaking boost meta a little bit, because some people still like doing dungeons, not sitting on their butts waiting for someone to kill all the mobs and reset the dungeon over and over again…

If you are one of those “RDF NO SOCIAL, MUCH BAD”, you are basically doing a disservice to those who actually like to play the videogame, a.k.a. leveling and doing the early game content with others.

Ok I have read a lot of nonsense in this thread (as usual) but this takes the cake :joy:

7 Likes