Its time for the Alliance to unite on AV

I’ve just about had it with this nonsense some of you horde players are spewing. This is nothing more than a delusional horde fantasy.

It’s like I would say that you just have an attitude problem when you can’t win a 40 man Ally AV premade with your horde pug. Not even your long-queue-waited pumped up superior horde PvP mentality will overcome that. Because you are facing insurmountable odds, like the alliance are facing now in AV. And that is purely due to the map design.

The Horde vs. Alliance battle in AV is analogous to pistol-whipping a blind kid.

You can try to say that “well it wasn’t so in the past” but guess what? It has nothing to do with the present situation, so don’t even bother going for it.

Take the 1974 Hasbro game Connect Four, for example. Imagine two kids who play it for the first time. Do they know that the starting player can always win by playing the right moves? No.

When the other kid eventually figures out how to win the game, and gets to start each round, would you still say that the losing kid is just a bad sport and isn’t motivated to win? Of course not.

This example throws any claim that because the results have been different in the past, the BG AV is indeed balanced, out of the window. It just makes zero sense.

You may also observe that the losing kid is in fact distressed by the situation, perhaps starting to lose motivation. Would you say afterwards that it was due to the kid’s motivational problems that he wasn’t able to win in the first place, or that his distress is in fact because of the game being rigged against him?..

Why don’t the horde win 95% or more of their WSG and AB games? Maybe you’re not sitting in queues long enough to be PUMPED UP!

You could also argue the exact opposite, that since you are sitting in queues for so long your brain activity is reduced and is actually worse than having instant queues. And not to mention that you get LESS PvP experience than the allys who are constantly fighting in PvP battlegrounds, therefore you should be less experienced and worse PvP players.

Maybe now you understand just how ridiculous that sounds.

Why is it that when we face off in an actually balanced BG like WSG that the horde/alliance win/loss ratio is nearly equal?

And yes… There are attitude problems on the alliance side AV. It has NOTHING to do with being in the Alliance faction, but everything to do with the map itself.

Those attitude problems are the byproduct of a rigged map ONLY, and any claim for it to be otherwise is just delusional.

That is why this skewed win/loss ratio can ONLY be observed in AV and NOT the other battlegrounds.

5 Likes

No idea under what rock you been living. But alliance did cheat av so much in order to get wins and so it got fixed along with other unintended bugs like bypassing the bridge fix which alliance asked for . Even with that fix you can’t win games . Which is funny cause it was one of the main concerns alliance had in av .

Everybody and their grandma seem to “know” whats wrong with av and how awfull it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Blizzard too disconnected from reality to fix anything.

It would take a simple fix of not using cave for ress unless no other home GY are available.

Map problems would be 80% fixed.

5 Likes

While ^ this is also something from burning crusade, the same as the 5-man group limit, it’s something I personally believe is what’ll “fix” AV once and for all.
+1

Anyone remember in December when it was Alliance winning all the time?

Remember in Vanilla when Alliance were winning all the time?

Horde adapted, Alliance did not answer. In true fashion, toys were thrown out of the pram at high velocity.

Read my long post above.

What has happened in the past has absolutely nothing to do with how the map is balanced.

In true fashion, you have skipped logic.

By all the time you mean 35% and mostly in premades.

When did they they change the AV map so it became more Alliance friendly? In TBC? I remember it was big news back in the day.

However it was, the situation today MUST be fixed.

The state of Alterac Valley is absolutely unacceptable.

2 Likes

I disagree I think everyone on the alliance should be force to play atleast 5 AVs per week, otherwise their characters gets deleted.

1 Like

Oh christ… I don’t think I can take one more AV.

Horde would still have 100% win rate, alliance base is better than horde base

Then how come horde aren’t winning all WSG and AB games? When in those maps you can’t argue the balance issues.

because u suck at AV

That would also imply that you suck at WSG and AB because you can’t win all of them as well :P.

Nah i beat u with my hands tied and facerolling my keyboard m8

In AV yes. That is actually an accurate statement :smiley:!

bypassing the bridge fix which alliance asked for . Even with that fix you can’t win games . Which is funny cause it was one of the main concerns alliance had in av .

Bullshait. Zug’scave too close to the center of the map and SHGY being a choke point favouring zugs always were the main concerns.

Zugbrain can’t wrap itself around the idea?

Oh, and then Stormpike GY is another joke on Alliance: zugs coming from above, reskilling Alliance with no problem - compare that to FWGY where there is no such advantage for Alliance.

1 Like

Horde adapted

Actually not. Zugs whined and Slizzard Bucks listened to their greeny pets. That was your “adaptation”. Slizzard Bucks don’t care about Alliance having problems.

Then there must be another change: zugzug can’t log in to his server if there is less alliance online, than zugs. I would like to see Noggenfogger zugs crying about that and Apes rerolling back to Alliance.