Last wish - Nightborne customization

You do know that one elf was the Kaldorei, Right?

Anyway I’m happy for you Luna. Finally you got what you wanted and I got what I wanted as well. Let’s celebrate with some wine :wine_glass:

2 Likes

It is a joke from the Nightborne /joke emote.

However, some Shal’dorei did not realize that the Nightwell have affected and changed them, therefore some still think they are Kaldorei. The fact that they consider themselves as the true Quel’dorei proofs it.

And yes, once 9.1.5 will hit, we will jump in the berries to make our home made wine and get drunk 24/7.

7 Likes

nightborne is more sexy then void/blood/night elves …
i want to watch nightborne jump/dance in berries like some belly dancer :rofl:

1 Like

I dropped in for a moment to thank you once again for giving us - relatively not big but still very dedicated nightborne community - a bit of your attention.

Since Legion, nightborne race has become my favorite race in the game. My main char is nightborne and many of my alts are also nightborne.

The ability to customize my toons in a way that’ll make them distinct from each other is truly wonderful. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to express my happiness fully due to cancellation of my subscription in February. After Blizzcon I felt so hopeless that decided to quit playing for a while. New customization additions, as well as other changes in 9.1.5, brought back my interest in WoW.

I like immensely all the new customization options you showed us in previews (particularly, new narrowed eyes option we requested for so long!) and I’m enthused to see what else you have up your sleeve.

Right now, all I can do is to encourage you to not stop from there. There is still so much we need to implement for nightborne to finally look great!

I really hope many cool options for nightborne are coming in 9.1.5.

9 Likes

While I agree with that, the Horns and hair from the one on the left do indeed tempt me to make my male Lightforged a more played char.

1 Like

Jeez, I spent an hour making a huge post dedicated to nightborne customization options where I tried to compilate many fan suggestions across all internet. And then I found out I can’t post links. Dammit. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

hope 9.1.5 comes out soon …

1 Like

You can, by copy paste your link and then select the link and press (Ctrl-E) or find </> above the text.

https://tenor.com/view/cat-happy-cat-cat-happy-too-happy-doggy-gif-21923592

3 Likes

Thanks for advice. I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

(don’t take the following answer as offensive)

The difference is that my threads are ignored on purpose. Just compare your views and participation and mine. In my threads, I do most of the talking to raise awareness.

But alas, it seems that beards on Humans (even though Dwarves have them) are “symbols of patriarchy”.

As for Human female eyebrows they are of no concern to me, and many others as well- this is not about the number of options a race got, but rather of what it essentially got. And essentially, the only good thing Humans got is the skin colors and the beard I have (which is not longer than the old ones, not by a milimeter).

I understand you used this comparison to show how little the Nightborne have, but please don’t use numbers, because no one cares, literally, about the eyebrows of Human females. As a Human player, I just don’t care. There may be many variations of the same thing, but if that thing is irrelevant to the majority, I do not count it as “many different customizations”.

With this number-logic, the Human race is to never be touched again because females got tons of makeup. If that is the case (because of the negative community’s mentality), then screw this, I guess I will stop talking about long beards forever more.

The Nightborne situation was difficult and frustrating, but this is the reason why it got so much support and eventually became true. Will the same be said for long Human beards? Absolutely not.
Nightborne were desperate, but not any longer. Humans are still desperate, because, I will say it for the 100th time, Humans are objectively the most diverse race. Again, numbers mean nothing. When even a pre-school child would have thought of a Wizard beard as a customization, I CAN’T TAKE IT when Blizzard cannot think of adding such a thing. If this is not done ON PURPOSE, then I do not know what else to say.

I appreciate you supporting my request just as I support yours, but now that I no longer “threaten” the Nightborne, at least complain about the Void Elves making hundreds of comments instead of my single comment.

I mean, the fact that you even mentioned my worldwide-ignored comment amongst the reasons that your thread is derailed…

Also the blue mentioned the other races, so you should accuse the blue of derailing first.

Yeah, Night Elves (in case you were going to say Shal’dorei).

1 Like

She’s quoting one of the male nightborne /silly jokes, you turnip

2 Likes

I mean come on Turalyon. Isn’t that a bit rude and racist to your wife?

(Joking)

5 Likes

if he is Turalyon ur Aleria :rofl:
so u 2 get a room jk :smiley:

They’d better not - unless you want a second Big Bang.

1 Like

I’m not Alleria, but thank you for the compliment. She’s one of my favorite characters.

2 Likes

As a continuation to my previous post… It is not as illustrative as I initially wanted, but nevertheless. As i said above, there is still so much to implement for nightborne to look as great as their npc counterparts.

Here is my humble attempt to gather some popular artworks across social media and internet. But let’s start by saying that a lot of work has already been done in this thread created by amazing Lunaera!

Эрулан also did pretty much a very good job compiling all our ideas for nightborne.

As well as many other creative players who posted links to amazing artworks.

And I, myself, would also be glad to express my opinion hoping, that it might be helpful for you in understanding of what nightborne community generally wish to see in the new nightborne customization (but what currently hasn’t been shown in the preview):*

• First of all, the most notable part of the Nightborne’s appearance is their unique tattoos. The only tattoos that we have at the moment look almost invisible and have only one color. That’s why we would be grateful if you add more bright and visible tattoo options. As well as various colors for tattoos, including blue, purple, black and fel green options.
  • Secondly, glowing arcane hands and hair are also a key part of nightborne identity, that many would be happy to see as customization options. This is the part of the Nightborne’s appearance that shows their deep affinity with magic.

• We also would like to see more regal, elegant looking hairstyles and hair colors. Nightborne are severely lacking in this department. There’re dozens of talented artists who deserve to be mentioned in my post.

https://twitter.com/WoWlvl20/status/1381369582594752518?s=20

https://twitter.com/regalgorgon/status/1380822635811115008?s=20

https://twitter.com/stefmadarts/status/1325492182434934786?s=20

https://twitter.com/valarynn/status/1340670469054357507?s=20

And let’s not forget about the existing hairstyles that we have yet to get.

• Please, don’t forget about eye colors and skintones. What you’ve shown us so far is great, but players are willing to come up with other options as well.

A very good concept is posted here.

Ash grey skintones that npcs have.

• Please, remember also about new faces options, particularly younger faces for males and females and nightfallen options.

https://twitter.com/Nise_Loftsteinn/status/1360289748766646276?s=20

https://twitter.com/satina_/status/1368541997938704384?s=20

https://twitter.com/devilatelier/status/1268578476270985222?s=20

Thanks for reading. And sorry for my bad english :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

We’ve added black, white and brown hair color options for Void Elves. ^^

Here’s what they look like:

Thank you for the suggestions!

35 Likes

Wow i did NOT see that coming. lol. I was happy with the blonde anyway, but more options is fun. Especially since void elves who used the voidy skins really wanted Black hair.

Thank you so much Linxy. You are a real Gem :heart:

Hope to see some stuff for the other allied races as well.

12 Likes

Oh my God!!! Thank you so much Linxy and the rest of the Blizzard Team! Thank you thank you thank you! You listened to me, my friends and the rest of the high elf and void elf fans!!

15 Likes