Leveling in the current state is frustrating

As the title says.
Doing 9-5 job, getting home to 2 hour queue, and then do 3 drop quests in 2 hours played thanks to crap drop rate, slow respawn time and overcrowded area where you must fight not only opposite faction but your own as well to get a tag.

I have played since vanilla, and I can assure you, leveling this way is not fun at all. It is frustrating and I it is not enjoyable at all!

At first I thought layering is bad thing for WoW, oh man, how wrong I was.

/rent over

3 Likes

well, bye then I guess :wave:

5 Likes

I think it is relaxing and tbh more of an advanture which is exactlly what i felt in vanilla 14 years ago when i started to play. No more “champion” or “hero of the alliance” from NPCs this is a great experiance that everyone who like WoW should take part of.

4 Likes

Retail is for you.

This is how classic was…and should be. Took many of us months (6) to get to 60.

3 Likes

Weird how nearly every single person played vanilla isn’t it?

1 Like

Choose another server to get rid of queues. As to slow questing, well, it’s vanilla. Reroll on PvE if you are afraid of other faction. Might want to wait few years, so most of people will move to higher zones and you’ll be able to level without competition.

1 Like

Retail is for you , fast pace easy everything .

1 Like

I don’t like overpopulation either. I moved server when I noticed that all of the 40-45 zone mobs had players around them, I had never moved layer before but the fact I was considering it so strongly made me decide to change realm. The layer alone was equal to or greater than the number of players in the most popular private servers; atleast in the high level zones.

I could have taken a break like I did on private servers, but I had to wait around a month or two just for my levelling to be enjoyable. Didnt want to do that.

I feel you mate.

it sounds like you enjoy the game, but queue and overpopulation is ruining your expectations. Try to remember that its not a Race, it doesnt matter if you hit 60 in 2 months from now. i was frustrated like you ( still am abit )
consider doing dungeons to counter the overcrowded quest areas.

1 Like

Providing your server has FCM on offer you could move to a quieter realm and have less issues levelling. With queue times like that I would expect you to be on an eligible realm.

I have skipped some quests with terrible drop rates if I can because it’s simply not a good time investment. I feel your pain /hug

4 Likes

Transfer to a server like Dragonfang then?

1 Like

queue at work or move server. if the respawn times, crap drop rate etc bother you, i know of an alternative version of the game which you might prefer to play

I agree, it’s much more relaxing right now, because you don’t have to rush to endgame since this is classic and will stay that way. I’m level 32 atm, and i’m taking my time, two kids and full time job there’s no need to rush anything. Enoying it fully

You sound jealous like its some kind of rare feat.

Don’t do it then, really is simple. I still enjoy it and most people playing still seem to.

Yeah man. Imagine almost all of the people interested in Classic being the ones that actually played it.

What a weird coincidence.

skeptical not jealous. tbc-baby through and through, best achievement in vanilla was getting ontop of the cart in valley of trials

The leveling experience in Classic is absolute trash - that’s the truth. People saying it’s amazing and great are lying to themselves - it’s awful. Having said that, Classic is 10000x better than current wow for me and if I need to put up with the painful leveling experience then so be it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really cant think of an RPG with more enjoyable levelling

1 Like

Not really sure why you would be sceptical about. If anything it’s just a way to identify yourself as an old fart, having played vanilla. I’m one of those myself in fact. There is zero glory in having played the game then. So did 3-4 million other people. Big deal.