LGBTQ+ community <3

The het is upset they’re not invited.

1 Like

My sister is bi ( but more lesbian ) and she told me that she hate them.

My actual collegue is a gay man and he said to me that he hate wokes and trans

Apparently all Letters are not allied between them

1 Like

I don’t fundamentally disagree and also believe that integration and inclusion are the necessary ways forward to a truly open and equal society, and not self-exclusion and isolation.

However, I feel it’s also relevant to consider that gay people still often feel unwelcome or rejected simply for who they are, and that they need to lie about it or at least keep it quiet.

Like someone said, if you’re a guy and you say “brb, boyfriend got home”, many people will receive it differently than if you say, “brb, girlfriend is on the phone”. Or if you’re a woman and say, “my girlfriend needs me real quick” (how many straight men will not at least think of making some sort of comment about that?). Humans will always judge, regardless of sexuality, but sexuality (just like looks, etc) is often a soft spot that people feel particularly vulnerable about.

So a gay person is probably socially incentivized to side step that entire issue and not talk about their relationships at all, which will likely not make them very happy in the long run, and it gets in the way of forming real friendships. Or even of meeting someone. It’s not that rare that people met in WoW and got married in real life.

A solution to that is to hang out with other gay people, because at least you’ll not get judged for something that is an elementary part of you. A straight person doesn’t (need to) think along those lines because being straight is seen as “normal” or the default orientation, but a gay person may well feel more welcome and accepted in a socially safe environment that consists of others who deal with the same social prejudices and issues.

The way I see it is that people who create or join gay communities are typically just after a socially safe environment where they don’t have to worry about rejection or feeling like an outsider solely because of their sexuality.

5 Likes

Which makes perfect sense, but this is still a 12+ game and if you type out the full name of this community you’d get instabanned by the auto-admin.

If blizzard made WoW 18+ a lot fewer people would care about such posts (which btw are just people stretching their legs out hoping someone trips over them so they can act offended and start an argument).

3 Likes

If you think being lgbt is an 18+ topic, thats pretty backwards of you.
If you dont think that, your post wasnt very clear.

1 Like

I think I’m really glad I don’t have kids.

1 Like

Thats a very random response but yeah, kids are annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You only have to see the pure hatred displayed by a minority of posters on this forum alone to see how some feel safer in LGBTQIA+ communities.

I don’t know why people get so upset at communities that are safe spaces for others.

It’s the same as the no rage M+/keys communities. For some reason if it’s to avoid ragers in keys it’s more acceptable. If it’s people hating on your gender or preference it’s a big deal.

4 Likes

I would assume it is because of the double standard.

If people create LGBTQ+ communities, it is applauded and fine.

But if people create their own communities catering to their (classical) views on the world, then it gets branded as racism, transphobic and hateful.

It’s basically like with societies double standard regarding men.

“Men should show more emotions!”

Men shows more emotion

“OMG, stop being such a crybaby (#Anduin)”

2 Likes

Everyone who says “But why do you need a special community?” already answered their own question by getting so furious over that an LGBTQ+ specific community merely existing.

Not every community needs to be for you and if you don’t like this sort of community, don’t join it.

With how much homophobia, transphobia and other types of hatred is common in the game nowdays or atleast in public discussions, it is nice to have a place where that does not occur.

3 Likes

Because so far 100% of those communities are straight up that.

Good to see you’re showing more and more why absolutely no one should interact with you on AD by the way, you’re doing yourself great favors by continuing to make weird comments like this over in GD.

I will at least continue to warn people about your views.

1 Like

I absolutely agree that there will inevitably be people who can’t help but have some weird remarks about gay or other LGBT+ people, but I touched on that in one of my responses already. Hateful people will always exist and they aren’t going anywhere.

But I think the way forward should be to simply exist in society and not make a big deal out of being gay or anything. If homophobia, transphobia and similar things are to fizzle out of being socially acceptable, people need to start seeing LGBT people as just regular people, not as LGBT people. That’s why I’m so against these labels.

I am not gay or trans or any other belonging to the group, at best I could identify as asexual if I wanted to, so I can’t really put myself in their shoes or pretend I know what it’s like, I just believe that the correct approach is to simply ignore the people who can’t keep their mouth shut about what they think about you. Make them realize that their hateful opinions are ultimately worthless.

On the other hand I understand how if one is facing a lot of bigotry, getting into a group like this can feel very relieving. I just think labeling people is inherently harmful to a healthy society. I think most people just want to live their lives without the labels “gay”, “lesbian”, “trans”, “asexual” being part of their day to day personal identity even if that’s what they are, just like “straight” isn’t part of people’s identity unless they go out of their way to make it so.

Because this is supposed to be a child-friendly place (hence I have to rephrase half my sentences) and they’re flaunting these communities on the forum even though anyone with a modicum of effort could find them on their own.

They provoke people so they can act offended and say “See? this is how rude people are, we need more protection from them”.

Make WoW 18+ and nobody (serious) will have a beef with them again.

Really? You take an objective observation and interpret your mindset regarding people into it?

I never said I support such communities. Only that’s from my perspective why (regarding Punys overall question) people have such hatred against certain communities.

I don’t care who is in what community.

If having an opinion is now a crime, you really shouldn’t wonder when people like me become more and more “toxic” (I would rather call it disagreeing) towards others on this forum when we get such responses like yours. Who would want to talk to someone that aggressive to begin with?

I didn’t do anything wrong factually. Otherwise I would have been permanently banned long ago from here.

2 Likes

Trying to warn people not to interact with somebody because their views don’t align with yours. Interesting, and good luck with that.

Your attempts will be a drop in the ocean given the size of the player base.

If you did not care, why go for a swing and defense over them in the first place, and trying to make some weird point of “But the double standard!”

It serves absolutely no point other than to try and defend alt-right or hateful communities as vaguely as possible. And you damn well know it.

Much like how I think its fair to warn people in our roleplay communities that you very much side towards groups that many others feel deeply uncomfortable with as this isnt the first time you’ve gone in for some weird anti-progressive posting.

1 Like

Well, I know what they stand for and typing is no big deal.

So the answer to your question is, yes.

I’ve known people from the LGBTQ+ community, there’s far more to them than just that.

They are not the same. One is tolerant, the other is intolerant. Context however would be relevant.

Just gonna put this out here:

As a gay dude, I agree with you. I personally don’t care about labels and all that jazz, you are who you are, and you may be what you want to be, period. If others don’t want to accept who you are just nod and move along, chances are you won’t see 'em again.

Acceptance goes both ways and if people don’t want to accept something then we can’t force them to. Yes it sucks but it’s even worse when you force stuff down their throats.

In the end we’re all human and in essence, the same. Some dudes like dudes, some gals like gals and some want to be the opposite gender of which they were born, etc - so what? Still human.

Though I can understand wanting to be in a place with like-minded people, but shutting yourself out from the other side won’t solve the problem. As hard as it sometimes is to do: Nod, smile and chin up. If someone doesn’t accept you being you they’re not worth interacting with and we’ve got plenty of tools to just block someone online nowadays.

2 Likes

Idk what you did take today to be this disconnected from reality but I definitely didn’t critized such communities for existing.

Honestly, you sound like someone who tries to manipulate and cancel people because you don’t like their opinions and noses.

Otherwise you wouldn’t have gone over to the Argent Dawn forum, going to one of my completely irrelevant posts regarding this topic and trying defame me for stating something objectively in this topic.

You know what that is? A violation of the rules of this forum.

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

I don’t side with anyone but myself. All I ever complained about is IRL politics being shoved into a fictional world in a way that it breaks immersion, may it be from badly written characters or outright tokenism, which in the long run hurts the reputation of the LGBTQ+ community.

But sure, make your posts, go after me. I will collect every piece of evidence and will use it against you in my defense if necessary when speaking to the Customer Support (if needed).

And it is relevant. My response was entirely in context of your comment. Nothing more or less.