Little things that kill the joy in Classic :)

Don’t we all like that?

I love it when this happens.

The thing i hate about classic is that i do not have enough time to sink into the game.

4 Likes

If there was a way to interrupt dihydrotestosterone from killing my scalphair:(

A note from the OP (me): Even if I have started the thread, I adopt the #nochange policy for Vanilla. There are some things that annoy me, but I prefer them to stay there. Let Vanilla be Vanilla.

1 Like

Isn’t that our favorite flavour?

A grouping tool would be handy tough…

No! Never!

2 Likes

Now we are all spamming chat! Grouping tool would be super duper handy.

Only thing that bugs me right now is how dense every area is. Trying to do a quest can take 40-1 hour purely due to contesting mobs

Can live with not being able to drink potions, using Faerie Fire (or any non cat/bear skill) in cat/bear form), it’s annoying, but really makes you a hybrid (start as cat, going caster form, with a dot or 2, then bear form to soak up some damage, ening the figh in cat again :stuck_out_tongue: )
BUT…why I can’t speak to anybody, open a chest, or even repair in cat/bear form is beyond me…have ran past several important Q givers that I couldn’t see wanted to talk to me !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats why back then we called the game WoW, World of Walking.

Talk about #nochanges, I would actually very much like to see Defense and Spell tabs on my Character pane, instead of having to use addons and math.

Another thing I dislike is “you have to be standing in order to do that” or “you are mounted”. No sh1t, Sherlock…

These are things that take 0 effort to implement and have 0 impact on gameplay, so I honestly see no reason against them.

Apart from that, I really have nothing against Classic. Not being able to see a mob’s HP or cast bar is completely RPG-related and understandable, and I am happy to have it like that and to have to use an addon to see that information. I still haven’t downloaded addons for any of these things, however. I’m also happy with meeting stones, the running, the lack of RDF and the inability to queue BGs from afar.

1 Like

Not being able to even login because Blizzard can’t handle their servers being DDOSed by some kid

Not having a anti cc trinket

Yup, I remember, and strangely enough now I remember it fondly. Combined with the dangers of the world, it felt like an adventure.

No… but I can say it with a straight face. :stuck_out_tongue:

TBC is clearly better than vanilla in almost every aspect, and everyone knows that.

The only drawbacks compared to vanilla are the fewer dragons and the lots of aliens. Also, fly mounts being good or bad is a hot topic.

One good example would be the “Conan” cave in Badlands. In one of the hills in that zone there is a small crypt that you access from a small cave opening. In the chamber is a few skeletons flanking a skeleton chieftain seated on a throne, holding a sword. It’s a reference to the scene in Conan where he finds a badass sword in a crypt. Crom! It is subtle, yet obvious if you know the background, without becoming cheesy.

My pet dancing around mob while fighting. I’m trying to remember if it did that in vanilla? Hopefully once higher lvl pet will behave.

Patch 1.12
AOE META Farming mobs/Dungeons
Layering
Stupid devs thinking this is authentic.

You will see this every time an NPC tries to cast a spell at your pet because pets in Classic are scripted to always stand at the mob’s side, at a 91-degree angle, if they have Growl off.

Welcome to the “authentic” experience that is Classic.