Lunar Festival - 9th February

Short Event Intro:

The Cenarion Circle invites its friends and allies to the Lunar Festival in Moonglade.

Come for feasts and stay for the fireworks. Have you had time to visit the spirits of Elders across the lands? Exchange the Coins of Ancestry that you have earned for wondrous rewards in Nighthaven!

Yet this year, remember those who have lost everything. We do not need silk or mooncloth to carry ourselves proudly; this year, weave your dress from leaf, twine and wool.

That said we will not lose hope, and hope is not ashen dark; bring with you a colorful lantern to light the night.

Welcome to the the celebrations outside the Stormrage Barrow Dens on the 9th of the second month.

Signed,
Elder Falros

<The parchment includes a brief description of the activities planned for the event.>

Date: 9th February 2019
Time: 20:00 Game Time
Location: Moonglade, the Stormrage Barrow Dens (moving to Nighthaven towards the end)
Faction: Neutral
AA: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/221163
Contacts during the event: Falros / Falrós (Alliance), Pakoda (Horde)

Event details:

REVERING ELUNE

The night will begin with a tribute to the Moon Goddess. It is in her honor the fireworks sing throughout the festival.

CONTEST: THE MOONKIN DANCE

Dance like nobody is watching! Even hatchling moonkins are taught how to bust moves, and it is now your turn to swing it! Moonkin Hootkow will be the sole judge of this light-hearted elimination game. You may not be shapeshifted for this competition!

Rewards: A Moonkin Stone that allows you understand Moonkin.

OOC : This activity is all about the hilarity of characters trying to imitate crazy moonkin dance movements. It is a simple elimination contest in which everyone rolls; the higher your score, the better you were able to mimic those moves! The person with the lowest score will be headshaked away from the line by the moonkin judge. You made one too many mistakes! This continues until the best dancer is found; or rather, the one most talented in the art of imitation!

The players will be asked to join a Raid group for the rolls.

MOONBALL TOURNAMENT

The Moonball is a straightforward game in which players hurl balls at their opponent, staying within a marked area.

The balls have been coated with Moonglow, making them shimmer and fleetingly dazzle the opponent with their brightness when hit. When a player gets hit three times they fall out of the game and the other person continues to the next round. Depending on the amount of participants, the first rounds of the competition might include more than two people in the ring at once. In this case the last person standing moves on to the next round.

This game uses the Dazzling Rod toy. Please make sure to get it before the event if you would like to join!

COSTUME CONTEST: AGAMAGGAN

Agamaggan was one of the Ancient Guardians, noble and protective of the mortal races, yet his remembrance is often left in the shadow of the other Wild Gods. This year we pay tribute to the mighty boar for his ultimate sacrifice.

Bring with you a costume inspired by the Great Boar Agamaggan. Judges will choose their favourite presentation of the Wild God or his descendants.

Rewards: A beautiful figurine of Agamaggan.

OOC : In the Chinese New Year it is ‘the Year of the Pig’! We hope to see people flexing their transmog creativity.

FORTUNE COOKIES

You find a piece of paper inside the crisp cookie, and on it an aphorism or a vague prophecy. Don’t throw your fortune away - keep it and you’re in for a raffle that will be drawn at the end of the event.

Some fortune holders win gifts to bring home!

Event OOC details:

A little different than the two past Lunar Festivals in Darnassus, yet hopefully as much fun. Because of the location the event won’t be limited to the Alliance; all Cenarion Circle friendly people may attend. We ask that people are considerate towards the organizing of the event and keep faction war shenanigans from disrupting the Lunar Festival while the event is ongoing.

Update & clarification on the matter of Neutrality

Lunar Festival - 9th February - #10 by Acrona-argent-dawn

Event map: https://i.imgur.com/0HdarYR.jpg

On top of the games and contests we have

• Fizzleplug’s ice cream stall!
  • Siavash, Eldryn and Tavari’s drinks menu!
  • Pumbo’s burgers!
  • Shaaila with her fun oddities & curio!

If you would like to host small side-activities that fit the theme of the event, feel free to talk with the organiser about your idea!

In Character the event will be hosted by druids of the Cenarion Circle.

33 Likes

The Leaf will be showing up for this one for sure!

4 Likes

I shall definitely be attending this on an alt! Last year’s Lunar Festival was an absolute blast.

2 Likes

Toso will be there, definitely! HUZZAH!

4 Likes

The Hand of Cenarius will come, if only to uphold old traditions of the kaldorei.

Horde supporters, beware…

3 Likes

Aw, and I’ll miss this…

1 Like

I don’t support the Horde, I AM The Horde! Hoh hoo!

1 Like

You are a lovely rice bun, that’s what you are.

The Lunar Festival in-game event has started today!

Green and blue dragon costumes have been added to this year’s rewards + Lunar Elder’s Hearthstone:

If you missed out on them last year, be also sure to check out the cute flower crowns.

6 Likes

FYI HandyNotes - Lunar Festival has been updated some hours ago. I just tested it and the AddOn seems to work in BfA, marking the location of the Elders on the map.

https://www.wowace.com/projects/handynotes_lunarfestival?gameCategorySlug=addons&projectID=45902

Requires HandyNotes to work (updated 4 days ago):
https://www.wowace.com/projects/handynotes?gameCategorySlug=addons&projectID=14154

EDIT: Handynotes - Lunar Festival seems a bit bugged once you move to the Eastern Kingdoms (did not show all the coins). I was suggested Candy Buckets instead:

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/candy-buckets?gameCategorySlug=addons&projectID=44213

3 Likes

I have received some questions about hosting the event during an intense faction war; who would be welcome, who would not and why?

It is trying war times but seeing there were people interested in a Lunar Festival event, I decided make one for this year too. At first I was considering making an Alliance-only Lunar Festival like the previous years led by a Priestess of the Moon. Looking at good location options though, in the end I decided to go for Moonglade, and organise something in tune with the original description of the Lunar Festival on Wowpedia.

We know Malfurion is one of the leaders of the Cenarion Circle, and I doubt that the druids of the Cenarion Circle approve of Sylvanas’ war methods and the burning of Teldrassil. Yet because the Cenarion Circle consists of different races (such as night elves and tauren) and they work together with the Earthen Ring that also consists of different races, it made sense to keep this event as Neutral by faction with invitation extended to Cenarion Circle friendly people. The beginning of the announcement has been updated to better convey this.

I cannot bar anyone from entering the zone, only ask that people give thought to if this is something their character would, and could easily, attend with the NPC presence of the zone.

That said once the event concludes, I do not mind if there were some sparks flying around, for example if people spot someone they think a spy. Just try be considerate towards the organising of the event and the majority of players attending with your actions, is all I ask.

14 Likes

Agamaggan! Ghroaaah! you can bet your idle druid arses this orc will come for this contest, even if the Great Boar, the Bramblemane, the Devourer of a thousand demons have to grant him a vision through too much consumption of Briarthorn, ol’ Frak will come and he’ll claim that figurine for his boys to fight over.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for this year’s celebrations, I was hoping that these events would continue after the destruction of Teldrassil! I’m glad to see I wasn’t wrong!

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

Also, this seems to be PACKED with content, which is great! However, is it all going to happen in one day? Will some of the events happen parallel to eachother, or have their own time slot?

Either way, will be there and provide some angry glares at the Horde!

3 Likes

Welcome Frak & Armor!

And hey Nera! Happy to see you about and looking forward to the event!

This is all going to happen in one day, yes! It might sound like a lot of things as a whole, but the tribute to Elune is part of welcoming people to the event, and handing out fortune cookies shouldn’t take too long. Those two happenings aside there are 3 actual contests to entertain people for a few hours. Based on previous festivals & tournaments that I’ve hosted, three games/contests are generally not too much or too little timewise granted things proceed as planned. :slight_smile: Thanks for the question!

6 Likes

Like the past two years, this Gnome will be there again as a vendor! Though this time he’ll be selling ice cream themed treats (and more!) around the festival, whether it’s flavour or style.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see the selection you come up with! :sparkles: :ice_cream: :sparkles: Thank you and welcome!

2 Likes

As an ex-Cenarion Troller, I find it suitable to attend! And… Very welcomed. Already burned out by the faction war, save Azeroth! swings a flag with Magni’s smiling face as the logo

3 Likes

This seems like a great initiative, looking forward to it ^^

1 Like

Sounds awesome! I would like to attend as would my guild if at all possible!

Guild: The Hilted Blade
Number of participants: 4

Hopefully we’ll see you all there!

No sign-ups needed - if you think it is appropriate for your characters & guild to attend, welcome!

And to add to Nerathion’s question earlier, all 3 games will have their own time slot. People who wish to join the Costume Contest will be given time to transmog into the costume before the judging.

1 Like