[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire [31st May]

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/225022

For thousands of years, the city of Dalaran has been a haven for magi and a center of arcane study. Its leadership cultivated the Kirin Tor into one of the most prominent political influencers in modern times, playing imperative roles in the war efforts against the Lich King, the Thunder King, and the Burning Legion - to name a few. Now, more than ever, the world needs to be reminded what makes us strong - that once more Dalaran can shine as a beacon and light the path ahead. The Dalaran Magic Faire is an arrangement for all mages to learn from each other, exchange goods with one another, and, perhaps most most importantly, socializing - creating a community we can be proud to be part of.

The Dalaran Magic Faire is a server-wide social event for mages of both factions. It will be an evening of socializing, stocking up on your favoutire reagents, and learning, to take place on the 31st of May. You can find the schedule below!

19.30 - Welcome Ceremony
19.40 - Public Speaking Presentations
21.10 - Wand Duels
21.10 - Magical Market
22.00 - Wine Tasting

19.30 Welcome ceremony at Antonidas’ Memorial

19.40 - 21.05 Public speaking presentations
~19.40 - 20.05: Kelly Jendrock - A comparative study on the Guardian of Tirisfal and the Tirisgarde.
~20.10 - 20.35: Azmira - Crash Course: Astromancy
~20.40 - 21.05: Kelly Jendrock - The Invisibility Efficiency Theory

Several shorter presentations have been scheduled to take place during these times. These can vary from standard lectures, seminars, theory or research presentations, or demo exhibitions - but will be quite concentrated in terms of time. Bring your notebooks and save your questions ‘til after the presentations, for the best of the best have come together to speak on a topic of their choice. Antonidas Memorial has been earmarked for these presentations, in tribute to their awe-inspiring will, wit, and wisdom.

21.10 Wand duels
Wand duels will be overseen by Ercia. Location: The Underbelly. Disclaimer: The Kirin Tor is not responsible for potential injuries following the duels, and will not compensate for any medical or magical expenses.

21.10 Market for Magical Goods opens

Market Signups:
Kelly Jendrock - Magical Pet Snaxx
Fizzleplug - Ice Cream Vendor
Morgaid Walsh - TBA
Sinaldra Morrowburn - Enchantments and Enchanted clothing
Ashlyn Brooks - Pastries, Bakery and Beverages
The Trader’s Initiative - Magical Trinkets, Enchanted Jewellery and Potions
Carnificia - Alchemical Reagents and Potions
Yazmin and Co - Food and Drinks

The Eventide has been equipped with several stalls and wagons, ready to house a multitude of merchants and buyers, and of course goods of the magical sort. Disclaimer: Interest in selling ones goods at the market must be announced beforehand, and the import to the city will be heavily regulated due to several previous mishaps. The Kirin Tor is not responsible for any potential damage to ones goods during importing or should they be deemed not appropriate for the occasion.

22.00 Wine tasting at the Legerdemain Lounge

After the Market, the Legerdemain Lounge is hosting a wine tasting for the participants of the faire. Entertainment, relaxation and socialization has long been a specialty of the Legerdemain Lounge, and something they are renowned for! Have a drink and enjoy some company, after a long day of learning and bargaining.

OOC note
The event is open for changes and suggestions. And I will need volunteers to sell things on the market/host presentations. Please get in touch with me if you would like to get involved in any of the scheduled happenings. If you want your character to claim one of the spots for a public speaking presentation, DM me to see if there’s any spots open. If you want to sell something at the market, inform me. I will continuously update this post with more detailed schedule over time. This server-wide event is being done to promote [Mage-RP] The Mage Quarter - The AD Mage RP Discord 🧙, of which I moderate, in an attempt to make the mage RP community more tightly knit. Oh, and please check the AA event for some snazzy edited pics! Hope to see you there!

Contact: Kêlly in-game, Discord: Jespy#7215, or through the discord server linked above.

19 Likes

I’ll be there! You have my gote.

2 Likes

I’ll be there! You have my lightgote.

2 Likes

I’ll be there.

3 Likes

This looks really neat, do you think it could be possible to add some minor activites?

Being a faire within a mage city, perhaps the use of those dazzling rods for a duel could be quite fun. Otherwise may turn up myself!

1 Like

Another good initiative by Kelly! Would like to attend :3
Recommended for everyone to Join!

Perhaps Chatty shall add it to Calendar :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love some minor activities inbetween public lectures or to give the market some air. I whole-heartedly urge people who wish to “host” any minor (or major) activities to contact me since I will be doing a few things on the schedule already.
And I am open to adding things onto/changing the schedule around. x

This certainly looks like something I’ll keep in the back of my head. Maybe the market will spark some enthusiasm for the arcane arts among common folk.

2 Likes

The initiative absolutely sounds lovely and seems like something I’d love to attend! I’m unsure if I’ll be there at the 31st of May, but if I am then I’ll for sure join.

1 Like

Sounds pretty awesome!
I’ll be there, it’ll be a lot of fun going to an event like this as a guest/browser.
Though if you do need it, I can come as a food vendor, as I do with other server events.

1 Like

My Kirin Tor, Blood Elf Mage will absolutely be there!

Cant wait!!! :grin:

3 Likes

If you would, I’d actually be really interested in helping out with the public speaking/lectures as one of the speakers.

1 Like

I’ll think on it and get back to you.

1 Like

Count on me! let’s go.

2 Likes

Ill pop you down as tentative on the list for now (y)

2 Likes

:clap::clap: I will do my best to be there, and might work up something in terms of selling enchantments/trinkets or doing some lectures, too!

3 Likes

This sounds like a lot of fun i’ll definitely be there!

2 Likes

I’m down, if I’m out of work that day… I hope I am…

1 Like

I’ve updated the schedule! I’ve a few more interested in lectures - so I am considering extending the faire to include a second day - with more presentations. Still need more people for the market! x

1 Like

If you throw me a time, I can host that wand duel for people to engage in on Ercia, should be available for the most part. Sign ups will happen on at the time, or not before hand.

2 Likes