[Mage-RP] The Mage Quarter - The AD Mage RP Discord 🧙

Hey guys. Welcome to the new post on the Mage Quarter - the AD Mage RP Discord. When I posted the last time it was just starting up. Now the discord server is more than 1 œ years old!

Knowing good and well some of the problems concerning mage-only RP guilds (and how their longevity is seemingly doomed) aswell as the lack of organized magic RP for the stray mage in a non-mage guild, the Discord server was created to promote IC and OOC collaboration, events, networking, cross-guild and cross-faction mage RP.

I’m very pleased with how the project has turned out. The server currently hosts 250 mages, and we frequently make events for the discord server, or advertise other magic themed events in it - included but not limited to:

In Dalaran:

• Wisdom Weavings - Hosted by Azmira and the Astral Order

[N-RP] The Astral Order - Magic of Discovery

• The Dalaran Magic Faire - By yours truly

[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire [31st May]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #2 [31st Oct]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #3 [30th March - 1st April]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #4 [5th-7th August]

• Gathering of Magic - By Zyretha Snowdawn

Whenever Blizzard gift us with major lore-heavy patches, more often than not Zyretha organises a Gathering of Magic to plug future community events or campaigns. IC the members of the Kirin Tor convene to discuss recent developments and more pressing threats to the world.

I have to give a shoutout to the discord server called Citizens of Dalaran. It was established to bring more RP to Dalaran in attempts to restore it as a legitimate RP hub! Keep your eyes out for their events, they are very active!

In Silvermoon:

The Reliquary do lectures, gatherings, banquets and conclave meetings in Silvermoon and beyond aswell. For all you Horde mages out there, stay tuned!

Other:

• Public Lectures and Debates - by a few different people

With themes such as the School of Illusion, Enchanting and Conjuration, Extreme Conditions Spellcasting, the History of Magic in the Kingdom of Stormwind, and Theory & Hypothesis debates.

And there are more projects in the works, such as these ones:

[RP] Unusual Books & Harmless Relics - OPENING!

[N-RP] Morgaid's List of Useful Persons

The server has also produced its own issue of the Kirin Tor Monthly newspaper here: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/229136

If you are a passionate mage RPer interested in attending similar events, or if you wish to host your own, please get in touch with me or see the link below. This is where the magic happens! :woman_mage:

Invitation: https://discord.gg/ZgCfrzX

23 Likes

Very cool server! It’s awesome. Kelly is awesome.

we have candies there
!!!

2 Likes

I will spill NO TEA.

4 Likes

I’m not a hooker. Period.

1 Like

Aww yiss, EL is finally a mage guild, kappa

3 Likes

We love a good front :ghost::ghost::speak_no_evil:

Kelly is my guilty pleasure

1 Like

Preaching to the choir, mate.

1 Like

I approve this

1 Like

I will be doing a Wisdom Weaving event on the 13th, the Astral Order will be in Dalaran (Legion) to host it, in the Chamber of the Guardian at 20:00! One of many public events from the Mage RP community!

3 Likes

^Bump for visibility

totally unbiased opinion? it’s a pretty solid place.

1 Like

Friendly bump because we all love Kelly! <3

2 Likes

I’ll be hosting the next event to come out of the Mage Quarter. It’s a public lecture in the (you guessed it) Mage Quarter, Stormwind the 19th of July at 8 ST. The topic is “Extreme Conditions Spellcasting”. :mage::woman_mage::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

In layman’s terms, parkour spellcasting.

1 Like

Doing a casual little social event tonight in the Beer Garden, Dalaran (Legion) at 8 ST!

I apologise for the missed Wisdom weaving on the 13th, my PC had major issues. The actual Wisdom Weaving date will be the 2nd, promise!

We’ll be talking about preservation, magical preservation.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you all in Friday’s lecture on Necromancy! See you at 7 pm in Ironforge!

1 Like

A nice picture from the late Wisdom weaving event, held by Azmira. :blush:

5 Likes

This is a wonderful channel with one amazing community if you are mage :sparkles:

2 Likes