Missing dialogues in campaign

Hi, so after returning to WoW after 2 years, I started playing through the campaign and I noticed that some of the dialogues spoken by NPCs are missing. There is complete silence (no text too) when there should be dialogue or some of the parts are missing (npc says the first part and then nothing)
So far I noticed 3 threads regarding this issue:

EU: Missing dialogues in campaign quests

NA:

Any hints on how to fix it? I am not using any addons

11 Likes

As far as I know it is a bug and there is nothing to do besides hope it gets fixed. Unfortunate I know but not game breaking.

1 Like

It is sorta game breaking for us - lore fanatics( A bunch of dialogs are missing, especially most SL ā€œStay awhile and listenā€ ones. Characters just stand still without saying anything.

2 Likes

While it doesnā€™t stop the game from working being privy to half a conversation or multiple npcs flailing their limbs silently affects the experience quite significantly.

If i had to guess phasing or somesuch is busted.

I have the same issue with the missing dialogue. As mentioned in other threads it is really noticable at the shadowlands quests. Arrived in Oribos and the dialogue is missing for like 60-70%.

Also i can list another thread for people having the same issue. Its in the german forum tho: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/t/dialog-fehlt-hin-und-wieder/198524

3 Likes

Can confirm. This happening for me as well.

3 Likes

Yes, we did manage to confirm this problem from our side as well. World of Warcraft team works to fix it. In the meantime, if you would experience this issue and it would affect your progress in game, please go into the Game Menu ā†’ System ā†’ Sounds ā†’ uncheck ā€œDialogā€ option. Confirm using OK and later check it back on, in the same menu. We hope that this problem will be fully fixed soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding about it.

3 Likes

While leveling an alt I had the same broken experience even with side quests. Not all of scripted dialogs are shown. So it happened even with side stories, not just with main story/campaign quests and different ā€œStay awhile and listenā€ dialogs.
Dear developers, please, help us!

2 Likes

The issue has been ongoing for around 10 days now (when the first threads were posted on the NA forums). It is not unreasonable to ask for an ETA on when this will be fixed as the the story is pretty much unplayable as it is with over half the dialog of some quests missing (and turning dialog off in sound options does not work for all quests either).

3 Likes

This is still very broken. Iā€™ve raised an in-game ticket but this makes the game unplayable for me as I donā€™t understand completely what is happening and I resubbed for the storyline and lore. I have cancelled my subs and requested a refund. I hope it does get fixed though so I can play through it someday.

5 Likes

Dear Blizzard, I still have to do old world content, canā€™t finish Zereth Mortis because of this bug. Could you be so kind and update us on the problem, please.

1 Like

They donā€™t give updates on bug fixes as a general rule, because the developers donā€™t give customer support updates. There have been rare exceptions, hence why I said ā€œa general ruleā€.

Given that this is just missing dialog, and doesnā€™t actually prevent you from playing, I suspect it is close to zero priority on the developers radar, considering all the other bugs they need to fix.

Same thing here, I am doing Legion, BFA & Shadowlands, and it just keeps getting silence and then the dialogue is complete, Iā€™m playing these expansions for the first time so the story seems really weird/empty.

4 Likes

I have the same issue
uncheking ā€œdialogueā€ in options does not work for me at least not in particular quest Iā€™m in now.
As someone who returned to game to finish story before Dragonflight is is gamebreaking and seriously in a game with PAID subscription this should not happen.
What more, I tried to reinstall game before I figured out it is server issue and now I canā€™t even install it because of battlenet error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8I flushed DNS, reinstalled entire battlenet and now Iā€™m trying to figure out if it let me install the game ( as I posted ingame ticket and I canā€™t even log in to see if someone responded)

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got my fresh lvl 60 druid and was willing to replay the Night Fae Campaign. On itā€™s second quest (The Boon of Shaped) no text or sounds while receiving the boon. I experimented with turning on/off dialog sounds, and got no results.
Same things with all of my alts at max level - on most stay awhile and listen dialogs i can see only the last (or couple last) sentence.

Come on Blizzard, people are returning to the game, and still no solution?

2 Likes

I just restarted my account from a long time pause. Iā€™ve never played Shadowlands before, and I noticed this is still happening. I went through the first missions and a lot of Jainaā€™s dialogues doesnā€™t play. Today I tried the first two quests in Oribos and I had the same problem. Itā€™s really frustrating because the only reason I came back was to enjoy the story and lore, and right now is impossible.

I tried the fix of unchecking the dialogue in options, applying the change, and turn it on again, and it is not working :frowning:

3 Likes

Blizz sure does not seem to be in a hurry to fix this issue.

4 Likes

Which is really painful (
I canā€™t understand - it this is a mass problem, then why not anyone reporting about it? Seems like a lot of players just rushing through the content and arenā€™t paying attention for lore.

2 Likes

i am having this problem too.

2 Likes

Also having this issue. BFA and Shadowland quests are missing dialogues.
Just silent imagery and even the text in the chat is missing.

I just came back to the game and if i cant enjoy the quests what is even the point.

4 Likes