Name flagged for rename?

Hmm, @Ethly you do raise a valid point, I wouldn’t have a problem with the word Negro but I would have a problem with the word Ni**er, the first one is a descriptive term, but the second one is a derogatory term, again, in my opinion.

Accents are optional for the reasons you mention. That’s why you can also see resume or résumé for example.

It’s not too different to how other languages use letters that are not part of their native alphabet (like the w in “whisky” in Spanish, which is very rarely spelled “güisqui”, or the j in “jeans” in Italian)

1 Like

Just get a normal name… even if, like you said before, it means something else it is still wrong because you cant have names with death or murder etc in your name.

What it makes it - however you phrase you argument - is the word used to describe meat prepared in a specific au for a specific religion - a religion who comprise about 1 in 10 of the Western European Community

So however you try to defend it - it is offensive - I certainly find it offensive as a practicing Christian - I am sure those of Muslim faith would have deeper feelings

But then any grown up would not need this explaining to them
And the thread should have been locked many posts ago

It’s irrelevant - the OP is naive not to have understood that he was skating on thin ice and should comply with the request of the GM

Yeah God is very pleased with you getting offended over nonsense

2 Likes

Political corectness is beyond stupid, black skinned actor playing white man roles. Next time some idiot will report name “Underdog” because it’s offense for him, because his dog died 2 weeks ago. This is f**ing nonsense. Blizzard should make common rules for such things. Someone on german realm will use name “D*ck” which means fat in german and will be reported for offending someone. It must stop right now.

3 Likes

Flagged that for you

10 characters

For what? Did i offended you? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Fair comparisons… not.

The thing there is RP realms don’t allow using sentences as names among other things, but such names are only checked if reported.

I would have to disagree with you there, Halal is a recognised English word, definition being “denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law.” as is the word Kosher I misspelled it in my last post, the definition being " refers to food that has been ritually prepared or blessed so it can be eaten by religious Jews". both of these appear in English dictionaries

Yes - you did - and you breached the forum code of conduct - interesting given the thread was started by an OP who had breached the code relating to character names and decided to troll the forum rather than simply change it

1205213540 characters.

It’s beyond me why you all seem to hung up on trying to define a loan word as English, when it technically is but it came from a different language, and then the other side trying to argue it isn’t a word in English at all.

Request of a GM? Name flagging is an automated system, GM’s dont request it.

As I said in an earlier post:

Yes, but is Halal on an RP server?

I can’t find anything in the code of conduct that even remotely suggests that his/her name is offensive.

Good job, sir, you can’t say eagerly, because a soft guy will report you.

and tell me, which rule i broke.

Alot of spam in here.

As you can see, simple forum readers, the people getting offended and defending it are never the people who are the supposed victims. It’s always some nonsense about other people looking to find offense anywhere they can.

This stuff was boring in 2015, drop it guys.

Is that because you have no common sense or because common decency and respect of other cultures passed you by unnoticed?

I was talking about you, but you already knew that.

General rules still apply. The code of conduct https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/42673 is vague enough they can just remove any religious references if they so choose, which for a corporation like Blizzard is a pretty obvious move to make, so all these complaints are just pointless “butbutbut…” because seriously, what else did people expect.

Ok maybe so, but as far as I am concerned I don’t find these words offensive in any way, shape or form, I can understand how they could be considered offensive in some other countries.

I did look up Halal in the Oxford English Dictionary and it’s origins were not what I was expecting, it’s a lot simpler, to quote " Origin: Mid 19th century from Arabic ḥalāl ‘according to religious law’."
I don’t have a problem with that. :slight_smile: