Name flagged for rename?

No, it’s because I have a much broader view on reality than your little narrow mind. By denouncing the word “halal” because it references an Islamic ritual (Telling people they’re not allowed to mention it is far more offensive to Islamic people than the actual name itself, by the way), you’re also denouncing it’s meaning across other languages.

It’s also vague enough that each player’s reasoning is taken into account. Halal can open a ticket and discuss his/her name with a GM and whether or not they’ll allow it. If he/she is respectable towards the GM and explains the meaning of the word within their culture without directly insulting Islam, the name will most likely be ruled in their favour.

The problem with Mr. Lovecraft here (whose name would be flagged on an RP server) is the belief that every reference to something else is immediately offensive.

And lastly.

The comment on my name getting flagged multiple times was confirmation that “the more you do something, the larger your penalty becomes”.

The difference was that my name was a direct breach of naming policy rules, Halal is not a direct breach.

1 Like

I just had a thought,
Just to test a theory I will create a character in classic called Kosher, if Halal is flagged, all things being equal Kosher should be flagged as well, if not then something is seriously wrong. and the OP should not need to justify their name, if it is flagged then I will run through the procedure that @Miylee described and see what happens …

Good idea for English lang game would be to use english words only and that would be clear if someone abuses it or not. One word in my country may be representing something holy, sanctified and in your it would mean coca cola can, it shouldn’t be like this. People are so touchy and egoist, they don’t even consider that, name that they are gonna report may mean something different than what it is to them.

That is a great point @Decayin, if you do not mind me asking where in the world are you, just the country I am not asking for your home address.

Poland :slight_smile:

The problem with that is that some places in the world simply don’t have their own servers, the Spanish have only recently been granted their own realms.

You can’t expect people to know multiple meaning of words spread throughout a language that is only their second.

I daresay that there are hunreds of English words that you don’t understand the meaning and/or slang definition of; the same goes for everyone else.

Thank you,

I do not understand polish but the language is related to a number of other languages around the same area, kind of like variations on a theme … damn, I wish I knew more languages so I could understand how they link together

People are snowflakes in 2019.

I bet even fantasy names generator would offend someone, and that being purely random word.

1 Like

Yes, that is always the problem, there are also maybe no equivalent words in a given country.

A few/many years ago (2005 - 2011) I ran an international guild/society in another game, within about a week I had 200 members from all over the world, I ran into all of the problems relating to different countries, interpretations of various words, which, to be honest, confused the hell out of me, to try and settle things down, I created a website to support the guild/society, that was a first for me, I started getting a load of emails from guild/society members asking if it was possible for them to be able to leave messages for their friends that were from other countries across all time zones … I immediately panicked … as you do, when faced with an unexpected situation, I then discovered this software called a forum … so looked at the instruction manual … fear gripped me, far worse than Murlocs, (well almost) but I got it installed on my website and everyone was happy, the website and forum continued until 2011 but during that time, the game developers changed the game engine and that immediately removed half our members and coincidentally half the playerbase of the game, why, because the new game engine required far higher specs than the old one, so all members playing the game on laptops were overwhelmed and could no longer play the game neither could I so I passed the role of leader on to another long time member of my guild/society and they are still running it to this day, we only have 17 members now, but it’s nice to see the guild/society is still there over a decade later

1 Like

But Blizzard are quite happy weaponizing Christian symbology and terminology (Holy Fire, Holy Shock) and having Priests that kill people.

Makes total sense :upside_down_face:

Yep, I don’t get it either

Good point, how about old GODs? i’m from christian country, i could be offended because there is only one God blah blah blah.

Exactly, but are you offended ?, I’m not and, technically I am Christian too, in as much as I was Christened about 4 months or so after I was born.

Ofcourse not, i don’t mind if someone is creating fictional fantasy world with all the features actual world has, force of good, force of bad etc. I would be offended if someone intentionally would tell me that my beliefs suck or something like that.

Frost Shock is the one true master of the universe.

And you hit the nail on the head right there.

Fictional and Fantasy world…

I’m pretty sure these “pure-hearted” christians who are reporting for using names as Belzebub etc, are not even going to church anytime.

Lol, oh, and for the record I would be offended if anyone told me or anyone else that my or their beliefs sucked, each to their own, live and let live, so to speak

So, why people are reporting people that even doesn’t know that person exists? It looks like malice + argument if someone will ask.