New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Who is legitimately doing 30+ dungeons per day ? Why ?

1 Like

I’m genuinely amazed that an ‘MVP’ comes into a thread where people are clearly upset at a big change for them and are met with sarcasm and un-funny attempts at changing the topic to something else entirely to not make blizzard look so careless and weak at this change… be careful boss, Your bias is showing.

6 Likes

Herbs, HoJ, SGC, Jed, elemental earth, princess dagger. The list goes on…

2 Likes

Most people don’t, multiboxers get hella screwed here and things like fishing for jed in Ubrs will suddenly suck up your resets. Same goes for farming HoJ/SGC for example.

Doing 30 dungeons =/= 6 hours of game time.

I like to farm SM:G for Grave Moss, since it’s a rare herb and needed for shadow protection potions. I do 5 runs in 10 mins and then do something else, chores around the house, go for a walk, etc…

I like to farm DM:E on days where I can play a long time and can easily do 12+ hours of gaming.

Do not judge people who can actually play the game legitimately for long periods of time. Just because some people can only play 2 hours a week, doesn’t mean other people are prohibited by the same time constraints.

4 Likes

So this qualifies as “nothing”, too? And is not relevant at all?

Is this a ‘per character’ or ‘per account’ restriction?

Atleast exclude the raid dungeons from the Instance Lockouts to start with.
I ussually start playing around 6Pm on a week day and i stop playing on around 1-5am. This means i play 6-11Hours a day and some of that time sometimes all i spend running Maraudon(Herbalisme) SFK/SM/Maraudon/ZG(Getting Boosted by a mage for Ingame Gold), Farming specific items (HoJ,etcetera…) in BRD and other dungeons. This means if i played very early in the morning 1-5Am and i did 3-4Hours of dungeon farming after 2hours next evening i’d have hit the cap.

This qualifies as “something” but its not good at all. Yes it hurts the bots, but it hurts us normal players too, that just wanna grind for a longer period of time, and still be able to raid in the evening. And actually Farm more than 6h within 24h. I did that many times. And i wanna do it again.

@Tokyosexwale:

1 Like

Across all characters on that realm

Thing is - any normal human will spend 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working, 2-3 hours on household chores/travelling/talking to their family. That leaves you 4-5 hours free time.

Yes I know there are exceptions to rules…but the vast majority of normal people won’t be afffected by this.

So a botter could still run an account 24/7 by having four characters on four different realms. And since server transfers are a thing they can move gold around at will. I’m not opposed to changes to combat botting, but they haven’t thought this through.

Let me introduce you to a Virus causing a lockdown… Are you living under a rock my good sir?

Edit: You actually sound like a bot.

@Tokyosexwale: Many of realms are transfer locked, too. Some movement is available, but generally you can only get to lower population realms, the big ones are not valid targets for transfers.

I pity anyone who actually believes that Activision Blizzard are making these changes to stop botters. They’re not.
They’re making them to get more money out of the botters.
While many of them will get around it by farming several different servers on each account each day, others will obtain more accounts to keep doing what they’re doing on the realms they’re focusing on.

In the end, this changes nothing, but is a good way to get more money out of the people making money of off your product…

And if “Average Joe” farming DME or Mara for gold to afford parsing consumables next week takes a hit, who cares really, he’s most likely gonna keep playing and paying anyway.

Having a happy playerbase is not a motivation for this company to take action on anything.
Money however is and if you can disguise a change to the game as something you’re doing with the players best in mind, chances are many of them will just swallow the lies and happily adjust to the new rules 'cause you know “flip the botters!” right?

Then as the in-game prices rise for just about everything from Righteous Orbs to Arcane Crystals, Dreamfoil and Ghost Mushrooms, how about implementing a Classic Game Time Token? Only $20, and can be sold on the AH for a price not set by the players themselves.

We bigbrain now.

Sorry for the long post, felt I had to vent some of this.

3 Likes

Blizzard, you just spitted the active players in the face.
Now we forced to buy a new account just to be able to farm 24hours before raid days so i dont get locked out on my main.

Since i have this mindset botters will have the same, youre not solving anything.
Same with the lotus update were you needed 300 herbalism too see herbs when dead, that means they just forced more bots to 60 with herbalism.
Prices is back up as it was before the update.

Farmers will only force more buts to 60 since they cant farm 18h a day anymore
Hire more game masters

Blizzard can you hire game masters to solve this problem because whatever you have done so far with hotfixes havent helped anything, hire game masters

You told us no changes yet you broke the game with black lotus, alterac valley, layering, transfers the list is too long at this point.
Where is the slippery slope ending?
Blizzard, you just spitted the active players in the face.

2 Likes

h t t p : //chng . it/ DRKHMmKg

Come sign petition so this issue can be heard

You’re missing out the part where it’s over a 24 hour period. Say you do 3-4 hours of farming tuesday night and you want to repeat the same wednesday afternoon. You end up hitting the lockout after 2 hours and then you can’t even play in a raid or on an alt doing a dungeon with friends.
And it’s kind of insulting to call anyone who wants to play on a day off abnormal, not everyone works full time, not everyone works 8 hour shifts etc, don’t judge other people based off of what you regard as “normal”

1 Like

That is relevant.

I asked you to post anything that might be relevant, since your first post was not. After crying and complaining, you finally did. Now we can finally talk about the topic, rather than just sit here and laugh at your posts.

The issue I take with that post, is that it was only 21 hours ago. Not even a full day. (28 more left Kaivax, better watch out for that cap now!) Personally, I wouldn’t count “We have a team of agents reviewing reports” as anything substantial. In fact, I would almost say this is a flat out lie from Blizzard.

I can say that, because I know firsthand I’ve reported bots who are sat in Stratholme. Some of the ones I reported weeks ago, are still in Strath to this day. Out of 30-40 bots at times in Strath, it’s highly unlikely that Blizzard actually have “agents working on reports” as claimed, because VERY simple bots like those, would have been banned.

So, at this point, seems like Blizzard may have to eat their hat for lying, not you.

Edit: I stated it’s “Highly unlikely Blizzard have agents working on this”, which is an overstatement. They likely do now. But again, the point I was making here is that they have taken no effort to approach this situation until now.

1 Like