New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

@Dummythicc: Threatening? chuckle I must have lost my sarcasm circuit, if a polite request not to lie is a threat. maybe I should reroll Mechagnome…

As for the content of the post… Exploiting terrain is a form of cheating, yes?

Correcting reputation errors falls under correcting bugs, yes?

And so on…

Just because the current list is as is:

“These patch notes are a work-in-progress, and are subject to change before the patch goes live.”

Does not mean that there is no work in areas not specifically listed.

I promise you this is just blizzards solution to earn more $$$, they always do the same s***… With this now all it’s gonna mean is.

1. The botters will get more accounts that fund themselves, blizzard gets more $$$.
  2. The regular joe player making their goldincome from dungeons are punished and some even pushed towards paying for multiple accounts to be able to farm efficiently which means, again, blizzard earning more $$$.

Thanks a lot for your s***ty effort towards punishing botters but instead punishing the players that love the game instead, monkeys.

3 Likes

Then how is his a lie and yours isn’t? he was referring to changes about the Current Topic and you’re referring to anything that helps your point…?

we are very much in the middle of a thread about the instance limit and you’re talking about pvp terrain abuse?

1 Like

Where did I say originally that Blizzard were not doing any work? I stated they have shown no evidence of doing work related to botting prevention.

The Terrain exploitation you noted? Was being used by regular players in game. Sure, should still be fixed and agree with the change. Its not a change targeted at botters, they don’t use this in any way shape or form.

The rep fixes is a bug fix. Is it anything to do with botting? Nope. Again, if you could link a SINGLE thing about how Blizzard have stated or even HINTED before this post that they are working towards a solution for the botting issue, provide it. If not, get your hat ready buddy, because your the one in the wrong here.

2 Likes

Signing every word you said here mate… this will only increase number of accounts they need to farm all day… only people screwed here are players that go into weekend grind session with their alts… and the reason you MUST have alt to grind dungeons are those same bots which caused inflation

1 Like

I doubt so many players dungeon farm for 6+ hours a day. But I agree, the change is too severe.

Also funny how it literally says, “bots will bot on 4 different realms”.

Hello this is Classic wow in 2021. We just released Naxxramas.

Hello this is Classic wow in 2022. We got the worldfirst Kelthuzad kill by the guild “beep boop I am a bot”.

Who is legitimately doing 30+ dungeons per day ? Why ?

1 Like

I’m genuinely amazed that an ‘MVP’ comes into a thread where people are clearly upset at a big change for them and are met with sarcasm and un-funny attempts at changing the topic to something else entirely to not make blizzard look so careless and weak at this change… be careful boss, Your bias is showing.

6 Likes

Herbs, HoJ, SGC, Jed, elemental earth, princess dagger. The list goes on…

2 Likes

Most people don’t, multiboxers get hella screwed here and things like fishing for jed in Ubrs will suddenly suck up your resets. Same goes for farming HoJ/SGC for example.

Doing 30 dungeons =/= 6 hours of game time.

I like to farm SM:G for Grave Moss, since it’s a rare herb and needed for shadow protection potions. I do 5 runs in 10 mins and then do something else, chores around the house, go for a walk, etc…

I like to farm DM:E on days where I can play a long time and can easily do 12+ hours of gaming.

Do not judge people who can actually play the game legitimately for long periods of time. Just because some people can only play 2 hours a week, doesn’t mean other people are prohibited by the same time constraints.

4 Likes

So this qualifies as “nothing”, too? And is not relevant at all?

Is this a ‘per character’ or ‘per account’ restriction?

Atleast exclude the raid dungeons from the Instance Lockouts to start with.
I ussually start playing around 6Pm on a week day and i stop playing on around 1-5am. This means i play 6-11Hours a day and some of that time sometimes all i spend running Maraudon(Herbalisme) SFK/SM/Maraudon/ZG(Getting Boosted by a mage for Ingame Gold), Farming specific items (HoJ,etcetera…) in BRD and other dungeons. This means if i played very early in the morning 1-5Am and i did 3-4Hours of dungeon farming after 2hours next evening i’d have hit the cap.

This qualifies as “something” but its not good at all. Yes it hurts the bots, but it hurts us normal players too, that just wanna grind for a longer period of time, and still be able to raid in the evening. And actually Farm more than 6h within 24h. I did that many times. And i wanna do it again.

@Tokyosexwale:

1 Like

Across all characters on that realm

Thing is - any normal human will spend 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working, 2-3 hours on household chores/travelling/talking to their family. That leaves you 4-5 hours free time.

Yes I know there are exceptions to rules…but the vast majority of normal people won’t be afffected by this.

So a botter could still run an account 24/7 by having four characters on four different realms. And since server transfers are a thing they can move gold around at will. I’m not opposed to changes to combat botting, but they haven’t thought this through.