No-RDF is about socializing, among other things

:thinking:

1 Like

What don’t you understand

1 Like

If you had been a real WotLK player you would know that RDF was not a thing during the relevant content phases. but you are a PS muppet so you have no idea what Wrath was like, at all.

RDF came with ICC patch back in the days.

It should be come this time too.

That bullsh*t about players social interactions
makes me just laugh.

Back in the days players used Ventrilo/ TS.

It’s year 2022 now, players are using Discord.

There is Discord channels for every realm, guilds have Discord channels.

Of course we are communicating in game too,
it’s obvious thing.

Features in game doesn’t have nothing to do with our social interactions.

Blizzard knows for sure that we have waited WOTLK for a long time, especially like it was back in the days.

If RDF is the problem, Blizzard must disable it too from retail.

1 Like

Stop bothering. He’ll never get it. You’re just talking to a brick wall.
Hell, he said he played on a PS where you’d get 1-2 levels/dungeon with RDF. Dude is completely delusional.

1 Like

Still irrelevant since we’re not getting it in any phase whatsoever and that’s ignoring that we have everything else in the game already.

It is relevant when someone claim to know what wrath was.

Not really no considering classic really doesn’t seem to give a damn about how it was back then. It’s not a rocket science that the only reason they haven’t released it in an SoM “All phases from the go” style is to try and keep us in for longer

This is my reality as well in two games.
Most players I encounter are blazing through the game, one character normally has a lifespan of a month. Level, gear, plateau, retire, start anew or return to main.

At the end of BC I added a few BNet friends. I have exactly zero interactions since, turns out they were mostly tourists from other realms, or the opposing faction.

It could be better but some real life circumstance has crippled my first weeks with WLK. If you can’t commit your life and firstborn to the game, it’s quite difficult to actually be social. So I just canceled the push and honestly wallow, can’t really enjoy questing for some reason.

The same in Heroes, found plenty of lovely people on the forums, but playing with them was always excessive struggle - due to differing skill levels.

I wonder if we all long for the socializing, based on memories of ye olde guilde in 2009 or so, while not actually succeeding now, making it much worse than just expecting a single player ride. (With anti-RDF people effectively gatekeeping.)

Real wotlk player here. Can confirm everybody I knew and played with including myself were positive about RDF.
Did not kill social interactions or whatever other fairy tales you people keep coming up with. And everybody was doing heroics again, not necessarily because they needed gear, but because it was so accessible, convient, and gave you something fun to do.
And that’s at max lvl, RDF was even better for the levelers.

5 Likes

Totally representative sample you have there. Sadly Blizz purged the forums with those old threads, but MMO-champion still have those 2009 ones with people complaining about it. The same arguments are getting brought up again after a decade. Nothing changed.

Care to provide a proof or are you just going to talk about it and how great foresight people had 13 years ago?

Positive maybe but asking for it to be on release as “it was in wrath” is wrong.
It changed the gameplay over night and everything got less social and more toxic in dungeons. Nobody gave a damn about if they ninjaed, was afk etc etc. It was a garbage inclusion to the game and it kept it’s status as a cesspool up to atleast Legion (did not play after legion so dont know what happened after that).

I know it.
But if you wasn’t blinded by your bad faith.
You will understand that it’s not a features progress but a PvE/PvP content progress and RDF was removed ONLY because of people like you, accusing RDF to destroy the social to finaly get the prove that you was wrong and finaly drown in bad faith and denial.

Argue of out its context, nice try.
I played 12 years on Wotlk, i played on MANY diferente pservs with many objectivs and design, not you, that’s why YOU are completely delusional.

This.

No because RDF was removed because you cried all about the social, not because it wasn’t here first.
How can people be so rotten in bad faith ???

This.

I just ignore him.
You can’t talk with this stuck brain.

By the way the author, the RDF feature was removed, not because we are on the Naxx content but because of the “social”.
Blizzard said they “heard” the “community”, but they just heard the Classic ERA players and now they are here like this troll Miylee to try to tell us that RDF was removed because of the patch content.

Obviously it’s wrong and it’s write black on white.

Dungeon Finder Removed in Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Wowhead News

I never want to see you arguing with the fact that it wasn’t here at the start.

~https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/268-Raids-amp-Dungeons/page1315
Have fun. This is around the end of the expansion, older threads are there as well.

Ok so because the most people hated RDF back in the day you think it still right ?
This is exactly what i said many time

Stucked people with their old stuck memories.

Interesting piece of history though the pages you linked were all about Cata.

Like 5 pages in, theres dude going “I wanna tell people how they should play the game”-mentality, who sounds like most of anti-rdfers, and he instantly gets shut down as a troll xD …

Bruh, you could search around and find people from 2004 saying TBC is the worst thing to ever happen to wow and it will kill the game …

Show me those 250 pages filled up with threads about RDF instantly ruining the game overnight …

1 Like

Huh after small lecture… Didn’t know Cata early on added a requirement that you need to actually visit the dungeon first to unlock it for Dungeon Finder. That actually sounds like it would be a nice addition…

1 Like