🌕 [N/RP] Lunar Festival 31st January - 2nd February

Dear guests, please be aware that map for this evening’s Lunar Festival activities has changed ever so slightly. The vendors will be moving to the south of the lake for guests convenience, the main bar will be closed but refreshments will be laid out for guests to help themselves to.

The Lunar Festival is a time honoured tradition for Azeroth, a festival of lights and merriment to remember the victory the peoples of this world won over the armies of the Burning Legion.

Though Azeroth has been wrought with new conflicts and wars, the lanterns of the Lunar Festival remind us that there is always light to be found, and that in unity, there is strength.

We invite those who would come in the spirit of peace and honour to join together in the sanctuary of Moonglade again this year, to once again celebrate victory over impossible odds, the boons Elune of and the Gods of the Wild, and to strengthen old bonds, as well as perhaps form new ones.

Many previous traditions will be revisited, such as the Moonlight Procession from Ashenvale to Moonglade to open the festival, mummers who with their plays and ballads will regail guests with the mythos of the Lunar Festival, the Moonball tournament, Costumes of Reverence and more.

We hope that you will join together with us in revelry and hope.

Elune’adore

:crescent_moon: Argent Archive Event Page for Full Information, this page will still be updated with developing details before the event. Further activities/changes to scheduling may occur, please bare in mind we have a lot on offer and therefore some activities will overlap :- https://www.argentarchives.org/node/235245

:crescent_moon: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday 31st January

• 19:30: Pre-Gathering ready for the procession.
    Alliance gather in Astranaar, Horde gather at Splintertree Post. Those walking the parade are encouraged to bring the traditional Lunar Lanterns and dress in bright, celebratory clothing.

• 20:00: Procession begins.
    Alliance and Horde will meet on the road at a safe point before continuing through Felwood and into Moonglade, being led by dragon dancers and drumers. Upon arrival at the Greater Moonwell, there will be a ceremony to officially open the Lunar Festival

• 21:15: Talent Show.
    Guests are encouraged to bring their songs, dances, tales and tricks. No talent is too small, and those performers that delight the most will be awarded prizes by the hosts.

Drinks and refreshments will be available throughout the evening, with this night opening the feast weekend with merriment and laughter.

Saturday 1st February:

• 19:15: History Quiz.
    Gather together and test the mettle of your mind as Sahoenna Lunasky, with her vast span of knowledge, presses your powers of recall to their fullest. Those who prove the best and brightest among the competitors will be awarded prizes by the hosts.

• 20:00: Costumes of Reverance.
    Attendees are invited to compete in a costume contest honouring the peoples of Azeroth. There are 3 rounds on the following themes:

“Heroes Gone Before Us”

• Those great figures who are no longer with us today but who still shine in our memories.

“Mythic and Legendary Beings”

• Those beings who have walked this world with us but are far mightier and greater than our mortal bodies, who have helped shape the world as we know it today

“I’m No Champion”

• The everday heroes of Azeroth, those who need no reverance or fanfare, but simply serve their fellow people with their modest deeds. The farmer, the fisherman, the medic, the orphanage matron… Not all heroes wear capes!

Hosts will be awarding prizes in each catergory as well as an overall award for best dressed in all three themes.

• 21:30: Moonball Tournament.
    Moonball is a straightforward game in which players hurl balls at their opponent, staying within a marked area. The balls have been coated with Moonglow, making them shimmer and fleetingly dazzle the opponent with their brightness when hit. When a player gets hit three times they fall out of the game and the other person continues to the next round. Depending on the amount of participants, the first rounds of the competition might include more than two people in the ring at once. In this case the last person standing moves on to the next round. Hosts will award a prize to the ultimate champion of the tournament.

OOC: This game uses the Dazzling Rod toy. Please make sure to get it before the event if you would like to join!

Sunday 2nd February:

• 20:00: Theatrical Performance.
    Actors from across Azeroth come together to entertain and educate guests with an essential and central legend to the Lunar Festival;
    ‘The Tale of Omen’

• 21:00 Closing Ritual.
    Celebrating all facets of Elune and the blessings She graced us with during past troubles, but also today, the Ritual to the High Moon will be performed to close the formalities of the Lunar Festival

• 21:45: Fireworks Display.
    Volunteers co-ordinate together for the quintessential celebration of light and sound that is the embodiment of the festival’s spirit, as the close of the Lunar Festival.

The Lunar Market

This year we are delighted to announce we have a variety of finely crafted wares, crafts and refreshments available throughout the weekend to add to the merriment of the festival,. For modest amounts of coin, you may find many delights, such as the following:

• Traditional Cakes and Sweets
  • Blessings and Fortune Keepsakes
  • Trinkets and Jewels
  • All Things Apple
  • Ethically Sourced Pelts and Hides
  • Lunar Plushies
  • Ice-Cream
  • Totems and Woodcrafts
  • Dumplings and Stew
  • Arcwine
  • Playful Potions
  • Suramar Treasures
  • Enchantments

And much more…

OOC Information

This year the Handmaidens of Elune, with an overwhelming amount of support from the Argent Dawn roleplay community, are in the privileged position of hosting the Lunar Festival for 2020. We are very honoured to be be trusted with this task and appreciate the special place the event holds in Argent Dawn’s hearts. We plan to fill the weekend with as much entertainment and fun as we can in the hopes of upholding this very special celebration for another year.

The event shall be in keeping with previous years in that it will be neutral, held within the safety of Moonglade. We ask that all attendees respect this, and also remember that the Lunar Festival is not a place for bitterness, squabbles, fel magics, void misdemeanours, etc.

We are still welcoming volunteers in the form of vendors, performers, actors, chefs etc if anyone would like to join. In particular we are currently looking for those with the Dragon Head costume who could head up the parade and performers for the play.

Anyone who would like to volunteer etc, please contact Niámh or Daleshar Alliance side, Erena Horde side, the sooner the better so that arrangements can be made. Niámh’s Discord ID is Niámh Frostfall#2392, Daleshar’s is Mistoak#3347. You can also comment in the thread below, message via the Argent Archives PM system, or grab us in game.

This thread and the Argent Archives page will be updated further with an event map and any other scheduling information so please check in for changes.

Looking forwards to seeing you all in Moonglade soon!

35 Likes

Exciting times! Looking forwards to creating a great night for everyone!

9 Likes

Looking forward to this and will be there on an alt!

10 Likes

I am so looking forward to this! Absolutely can not wait!

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! The Lunar Festival events have always been a favourite of mine!

8 Likes

Very much looking forward to attending! Horde participants may wish to avoid the woods of Moonglade at night…

16 Likes

Some very beautiful IC posters advertising the event made by our own Eruliesse, please take a moment to have a look at these and appreciate her work!

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/236007

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/236008

9 Likes

Only 5 days left! Lunar festivals always leave great memories to revisit!

7 Likes

Last year’s event was much fun! I’ll be there as nelf or tauren

7 Likes

Looking forward to the event!

6 Likes

Hello, this is Erena on Horde side.

Haidene Gang approves of this event.

10 Likes

Me hope dere is pork!

6 Likes

I shall be there.

Time to get my Jarod Shadowsong costume ready ic.

#WATCHERGANG

5 Likes

Get your fill of ice cream on Saturday and Sunday!
Maybe Friday too. (If I can escape my raid group.)
Either way, big hype.

12 Likes

You better be there, it isn’t a festival without you making Ice cream.

6 Likes

Su may or may not be there to sell yummy cakes! Some of the days at least, I hope.

4 Likes

Hmm, is there perhaps some secret super rad Night Elf party you don’t want us to find out there :thinking:?

2 Likes

Because thats where Myth will be having his nails done, right? :wink:

3 Likes

This party sounds like its worth a check out.

1 Like

Horde participants needn’t worry. The Melody’s Lunar Guard will be keeping a close eye on the Dark Eyed Mena- Alternate Eye Coloured friends, ensuring fun times will be had by all!

…I wouldn’t go into the barrows alone though, can’t make any promises about that place.

3 Likes