On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

Gonna call BS on that, if he’s on any of the healthy servers.

3 Likes

Feel free to prove me wrong. I really do wish my case is extraordinarily rare.

There’s no way for me to “prove” anything, nor for you.

But I heal, I make my own groups like 80% of the time and I don’t believe you.

4 Likes

Do as you please. But why do it in a way that ruins the experience for people around you by coming into groups and trying to change how other people do dungeons, either by demanding specific comps or playstyle from others.

I don’t mean you specifically but people in general who have this rush mentality.

2 Likes

It’s just the current flavor of the momth, right now people’s mentality is focused on getting to 60 ASAP. When that setttles down I thin kwe will see more tradional groups form.

I would just like to see an examole of a healer making a group without people invited forcing the group into an aoe farm or demaning some sort of min maxing.

I havent seen one yet nor has my guildmembers since we did RFK. Madness start with SM

I can sympathize with that. I haven’t had that problem myself yet though.

I play Horde on Razorgore. This has never happened to me.

1 Like

This reminds me of people crying over Rouge, Rdruid, Prot Warr in m+

There will always be a meta, people will always try and play with the meta.
Its as simple as that, form your own group or something.

Level 35 atm. And trying to do SM and getting quests done. :slightly_smiling_face:

It has been said many times over now and even my own post that I dont get people into my groups without them wanting to aoe rush.

So what is your plan? Force people into playing something else they want?

Im sure there is a discord or something where you can find people for dungeons that want to do the same thing as you.

Oh look another am going to quit post, why post? Why not just do it? p.s can I have your gold and stuff? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Never claimed its impossible. I just bring my story from yesteday where I tried to form or join groups for SM Lib for 5 hours without getting it done. This has never happened before while so many people actually want to do SM dungeons.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this whole thing is caused by multiple things:

1. Bugs in the game which cause this type of playstyle to be better than it should be.
  2. So many people playing the game because it just launched that want to rush to 60.

Oh another post making fun of people who tries to discuss game related issues on a game related forum like most people do. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The simple answer: Ignore the groups that want to rush and cleave everything down if you don’t like it.

Make your own groups and specify that there’ll be no “AOE cleave mentality allowed” or something like that.

Players over the years have gotten used to the AOE cleave even from retail WoW due to dungeons being so brain dead.

3 Likes

As someone who came to tank, having everyone target what they want except for the skull and Cross is really starting to get on my nerves, and then you have the WArlocks and Mages AoE everything down…

6 Likes

Its either spellcleave, meleecleave or layer inv plz.

5 Likes

I feel you man, Scarlet Monastery totally ruined my classic immersion. LFG and trade channel is full of cleave aoe grind SM spam. Last night I decided to make my own group as a level 38 paladin and I specifically had to write “SM full quest run (Lib, Arm, Cath)”. I got together a full group for the quest run. First thing that happens when we enter the dungeon is that the healer insists the tank make bigger and bigger pulls, up to the point where it ended up being full room pulls. So it ended up being a full cleave group after all.

Well we did the quests, but it just felt wrong. As a paladin without consecration I just felt weirded out and that I didn’t belong in the group at all.

3 Likes