On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

Humans will always try to do the easiest and fastest way possible to achieve their goal. And if your goal is to hit level 60 and you’re in a hurry then you’re going to take the easiest and fastest way possible. Wether it’s now, 15 years ago or in 15 years from now.

I don’t think this is anywhere near Blizzard’s fault. People have discovered ways to play the mechanics of the game in a way they have the same reward but minimum effort. And they will just ruin the experience for themselves, maybe not later but in the long run. Or if they want to play the game that way, let them. I’m a rogue and never found any issues to get in groups on Morgraine when I played there since launch or now on Judgement neither. And I don’t even play with my guild.

4 Likes

How is it not blizzards fault? they made the dungeons easier, they’re significantly easier than they were in vanilla, the mobs are a joke you can tank them without a shield and defensive stance and without use of CC this is not how it was in vanilla.

They created this whole aoe farming meta

3 Likes

Private servers intentionally made things harder. Vanilla was and is easy, made for casuals.

1 Like

Thats beacause, back then, the game was brand new. I’ve basicly played this game for 15 years (abit on and off though). I know where things are, what quests i need, wich loot drops where. And i know what awaits me at max level, THATS where the fun begins (for me atleast)

Yes, and it was the first time i did it. After you’ve done a thousand levels (through-out the expansions), you grow tired of leveling.

Yes, and thats good for them. I have absolutely nothing against people who wanna enjoy the leveling, and taking their time. Good for you! (not necessarily YOU, but you know what i mean)

So you honestly think that leveling is well over 50% of the vanilla experience?
So, when you’re done leveling your char, you’ll start all over again on another char?
You dont care much about raids, gear progress, pvp, world pvp, or professions ?

Sure, the leveling experience is completely different. But so is the end-game. If i could combine BFA leveling-rate, with classic. I honestly think i would.
But you cant have the best of both worlds. Bfa end-game is awful, but vanilla end-game i really like.

I’m not going into spesific, but i have a plan once i hit 60. When im done farming, i’ll be set for “life” (hopefully if things go as i want).
The point is, i have a reason for rushing 60. I know its not logical, but i rather farm at 60 than farm xp for leveling.

I tanked Naxx back in the earlier days, i know very well what im getting myself in to:P Yeah, vanilla/classic raids are extremely easy (the only hard bosses i found, were in naxx). But the feeling i get from getting items from raids in vanilla, is so much better than getting epix thrown at me in BFA.

Yes, i have no problem with the ways people choose to level. Aslong as it doesnt interrupt/interfer with my way:P (stealing my kills, aoe farming outside dungeons on mobs i need for quests for example)

You are certainly allowed to have your own oppinion. But you must accept, that those who’ve level in vanilla before, dont wanna spend more time than they have to, going through content they’ve done countless times before.

No, but then again ALOT of stuff has happened in those 15 years. If you introduced this “system” 15 years ago, i believe alot of people would do it.

That beeing said, people are perfectly welcome to level the way they please:) I dont mind.

Thats because the better pve and pvp players tend to play on pvp servers

You’re low level.
Everything in SM now is with cleave groups. ZF+ as well.
People rarely want to join for normal runs.

If you’re unfortunate to play a class that can’t cleave you’re stuck with playing solo.

3 Likes

And now everyone just shut up because this is what it boils down to.

Actually they did it unintentionally since they were not aware of all the correct numeric values i.e. resistances and so on. And they did guess things on go. And made things harder not intentionally, but by accident.

This is mostly because we’re running on 1.12 which has improved classes and bugfixes (I like the bugfixes).

The improved class meta makes most of the classes more powerful, thus cleave combos are easier to pull it of.

1 Like

I don’t know. I cannot agree or disagree with you on that because I’ve only ran a dungeon a couple of times through Classic and they were easy because I had a druid tank, who was higher level than the recommended level for the dungeon.

Could be they have some tweaking to do on the dungeons and raids, make it a bit harder. It could also be that the perception on how vanilla was is different than it actually is, which has to do with knowledge. I know significantly more now than I did back when I started playing World of Warcraft.

Even though, questing has been difficult enough because I cannot solo multiple mobs at once unlike would be in Battle for Azeroth. So it certainly is more difficult.

It could also be, indeed as Almightyso said, that you have a memory from Private Servers, which had the possibility of making things harder than it actually was.

As far as if I think the leveling is 50% of the experience. Yes and no. I think it’s a huge part of the game, despite the game being 15 years old. A lot of quests and zones are different in Classic compared to modern day Battle for Azeroth and it is fun to experience. The leveling experience is entirely different compared to what you can experience in Battle for Azeroth.

But I do care for professions, pvp and world pvp. I’ve had plenty of world pvp which has been fun and challenging, especially on low level. I’ve had a blast leveling my professions up. Herbalism and alchemy, which are both almost 225 now and I’ve not even properly hit level 40 yet. As a rogue in Classic I shouldn’t be very concerned with gear, because I should be able to pvp while naked and still perform well at level 60.

But indeed. As you said, everyone has their own way. But for me, as someone who started in TBC and played from then till now, to experience Classic as it was back then… a lot of quests are different. And not using any addons, not a single one… leveling is a lot more fun for me because I have to read the quest logs to do any quest. But I guess I’m just one big nerd.

I guess you’re right yeah. My point still stands though.

Blizz caters to a wider audience, not all of them like actual vanilla gameplay and soon worked out they don’t need it in easier and layered classic. I’m hoping they’ve all moved on and are raiding by the time I get to ZF.

1 Like

True. Wow was popular and took world with storm for the very fact it was for casual. gaming at time still had some sort of stigma attached to it as if its something for the hardcore and nerds (if it was true or not is irrelevant, but the stigma itself existed). And around same time frame many developers launched games that were more towards the masses and gaming became more thing of a “everyday man” too.

Make a discord with people with your thinking :slight_smile:

I get you but this attitude is part of the problem. You’re gonna fix it by “excluding all AOE classes”?
I want to play Classic the right way… group with good people, communicate, CC, take my time. I happen to play a mage.

I don’t think excluding particular classes is part of the “mindset” we’re looking for.

2 Likes

Find friends and ignore what others do, why does what other people doing things affect you. Jesus get a grip.

I refuse to do all the aoeing stuff. I only do a dungeon once for quests (whilst levelling) and create the group (I found some guys who can tank so its fairly easy for us to find other people). I’m in no rush since honor system isn’t even out yet so it’s np for me to avoid the sm spamming. I can imagine it sucks a bit to find a group as healing shaman though. Hope it improves for you!

1 Like

I find cleave groups very boring, but then again let them play the game the way they want to play it…

I miss private servers already. They gave you a far better experience what vanilla was really like. No layer hopping, no dungeon leveling, no BFA addons.

5 Likes

100% of my dungeon runs on Horde Pyrewood have been chill and relaxing. We wiped exactly once. In Ragefire. :wink: Up to SM everything was smooth. And I only play PUGs (as a DD).

1 Like