On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

Never seen any of these cleave things spammed on my newer server Ten Storms.

We are too casual for &*$@ like this. And thats good.

Your problem that you rolled on one of the first servers. They were bound to be hardcore with all the guilds and old vanilla players claiming dibs on the servers as soon as they could. Most of them rush things mindlessly as they all want to progress fast in mc.

It comes down to the influx of retailbabbies who need instant gratification and the constant competition of quest objectives against multiple people that made the cleave meta so prevalent

1 Like

i simply do not belive you didnt get a group in 5 hours. thats just impossible.

there are loads of specs and classes that are not fotm for cleave runs and they do run dungeons as well.

Haven’t seen anything like that yet. But why do you care what other people do? Focus on your own experience, you’ll be happier :slight_smile:

I have yet to encounter this, and I’ve ran dungeons most days from 18 - 30. Perhaps you should’ve considered the consequences of the realm you chose more carefully.

Well, sucks to be ye. Gonna have to adapt, I’m afraid. Still, on Hydraxian Waterlords it wasn’t bad, none of my groups cared that I didn’t spam AoE 24/7.

Im ok with aoe spam groups as i loved legion mythic plus (bfa was too annoying)
BUT i dont want to do it all day. and i deffo want at least 1 quest run. i found joining quest run groups or making a group with the added ‘quest run’ tag works fine.

I always love when these “cleave” spamming turds come up and ask if I can invite them to a elite quest that I am soloing as a hunter - I always answer “no, its not optimal.”

9 Likes

Oof, that’s the spirit!

After you /ignore all these LFG,LFM cleave players /5 gets pretty reasonable.But it wont save you from them.I specially asked about it before joining and i still got 2mage+lock aoe group.

2 Likes

Never happened to me 18 to 30 either. Wait to you get to SM.

1 Like

What game did spellcleave etc come from anyway? I had never heard of it until Classic, yet it sounded very natural and I knew what it meant straight away.

Edit: was it used in Dungeons & Dragons at all? It sounds that natural

Get lost I played in both nostalrius and Elysium and there was none of that

2 Likes

This is a new meta, mostly because we’re running on an patched client. On nostalrius it was progressive patching, with itimization and spells.

Furthermore, I think once the vast majority will reach 60, seeing cleave groups will be something extremely rare.

Arena 3v3s.
Mage Lock Shaman (MLS) combos mostly.

1 Like

Ah yeah now I remember, and know why I understood what it meant instantly. Dunno why I blocked arena out my mind.

Another thing is the reduced exp and slightly more challenging elite mobs of private servers; alot of people said dungeons were a waste of time on private servers lol

Well its quite simple…dont group with “cleave teams” and you wont have this experience?

I’ll be frank with most of you guys that seem to be made out of ginger bread… You will never live again the vanilla experience, because Vanilla is no longer…

What we all can hope for, is that the “classic” experience will not be a total s*it show, and that classic will be a decent game to remind us of how Blizzard was before Activision stepped in.

Not joining cleave groups just because you think this is not the “vanilla experience” can be a mistake… This is the new meta and you can and will miss out by not playing the meta.

Can hunters cleave? :stuck_out_tongue:

Players just copy what streamers do, everyone assumes they are capable of the same. It’s just a sheep mentality… just missing the (no pun intended) sheep. Or maybe they expect it to play like BfA. Go in and pull fu**ing packs of mobs at once. This is actually happening.

1 Like

I was not talking to hunters, rogues, paladins, and any other group that can’t enter a cleave group :smiley:

It’s true that most people actually learn these tactics from streamers, something which I don’t see it as a problem.
Before people were learning new tactics through YouTube videos, so the trend is similar.

No it’s not. It’s seeing someone doing something which yields better results than what they are doing… Not all people copy streamers because it is “cool”.

When you will do a ZF GY run, which might yield 85k XP/h you’ll never go back questing

So what?

People will do whatever is more optimum to get to level 60 or do get the job done.
Even if people “like” classic, they might not like leveling.

People keep forgetting they are not playing vanilla, they play classic.