Open paid character transfer for Vanilla

I have been playing in a PvP realm as Alliance and since the beginning, there has been this nerve racking “world pvp” thing.

More specifically, the facts are the below.

• At low levels, you have to endure the 50-60lvl horde that camp the territories and npcs for absolutely no valid reason.

• At high levels, you get corpse-camped and unable to level up as groups of 60lvls camp any territory.

That being said, the game has become unplayable and by far more than annoying. A big percentage of players are not children, have jobs and matters to attend to, and basically cannot spend all the time in the world to level alts and reroll from scratch to other realms. When we log in to chill for 30 minutes, we just want to chill for 30 god damn minutes, log out, and not having to endure this retarded/unsportsmanlike way of playing.

For the above reasons, I strongly believe that the paid character service should become available at the very near future, as there is no reason for it to stay unavailable.

Finally, arguments like “server identity” are way ridiculous. Blizzard would just need to wake up.

8 Likes

Why is everyone so eager to give them money to fix this? They created this mess with no faction locks and ridiculous server pop caps. I’d say it’s on them to provide a solution since we have already paid.

Open paid transfers and alli leave horde dominated servers and vice versa, server dies.

4 Likes

I see the option for free server character change in the Gahennas server

That is also true. Personally, I don’t care if it is paid or free as long as I have the option to transfer. I doubt that this service will be free though, as it will probably get abused.

Also, Blizzard won’t miss this chance to receive money.

Won’t happen because only the minority faction would transfer making the problem worse.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this but I am looking for a pve server to play in.
As long as the server type permits the players to act like douchebags, they will act like douchebags and will not respect other people’s time.

3 Likes

To elaborate a bit further Blizzard are beyond desperate to not allow open transfers as they know it will exacerbate the problem on the servers.

I think it will happen, when it does a lot of realms will “Die” and it will probably be done with great resistance from Blizzard.

Indeed, it is more likely that the minority faction will mostly use the feature.
Nevertheless, at least a paid option should be available.

Having to reroll from scratch just for this reason, and basically be forced to play for a longer time (keep the subscription extended in other words) is unacceptable and bad customer service.

1 Like

From ZT there’s transfer available to 3 horde dominated (2:1 or worse) “dead” servers or one alli dominated server that looks to be even more crammed population wise.

How many horde / alliance players are in a realm is of course not blizzard’s fault.
Blizzard however has to make the game playable/enjoyable for all the people, no matter the realm, since they pay. The services they need to implement so as to get this done, is solely their problem.

2 Likes

They are playing PvP and not douchebags.

You can only start again on a new realm, that is your only option, so use it.

A lot of us warned this would happen but did people like you listen? No. We told you the vast majority of PvP realms would be Horde dominated and that you would get ganking gangs.

You people went, “that will never happen, people will play fair World PvP”, guess what now it has you are all wimping out and wanting to go to PvE realms.

That is complete rubbish, Blizzard has no responsibility to make the game enjoyable or playable, and besides YOU, not them chose a PvP realm.

So if you didn’t read these forums before launch, or maybe you did but only specific threads like blue posts, that’s “not listening”?

1 Like

It’s called research, not blindly choosing a realm because of how you “think” it will be.

I chose a realm because it was the only one I could log into during launch mess. Much blind.

1 Like

Relying on the forums is just out of conversation.

I personally was never a part of any conversation of this nature, because no actual result would come out of it. And if I were, I would not be one of the “people will play fair” guys. The ones that actually believed that must have been really high.

If everyone knew that pvp realms will end up like this, then why blizzard did not act beforehand.

Calling “pvp” something where the opponents (it is never one) are more than 9 levels higher, on a consistent basis, is what I described. You can call it pvp as much as you want.

It 's because of people like you, who defend such arguments, that problems get solved slower by any game provider.

In regard to your “Blizzard has no responsibility to make the game enjoyable or playable” comment, you must really be a masochist. Please leave the thread.

Rerolling to a pve realm is definitely an option but it is still unacceptable.

This problem will get fixed.

Blizzard do not fix anything PvP related.

But that is PvP, as I said, PVP IS NOT MEANT TO BE FAIR. If it’s red it’s dead.

Blizzard will not fix it, ever, that is their own words.

I can post where I like and you cannot stop me just because I disagree with you. Only Alliance on PvP realms seem to be whining.

No, it will not.

This has already been covered.

We already have a way to make the game playable.

Dottie speaks the truth -

Better off just ignoring clownfiesta defenders, they’re almost always either PvE server players with their “I told you so” attitude, when it really has no effect on them whatsoever. Kinda like bragging to a cancer patient they’re clean.
Or it’s horde from horde dominating servers with their “re-roll PvE” or “just quit” single cell organism responses.
Rare exceptions to the rule like Shubb are just that, rare.

1 Like

Congratulations, you just proved to me that you have the thinking of an ape

1 Like