Pet Peeve: The Undying

We need fewer monks, not more. But as that is impossible I agree. Open the floodgates. Let everyone be everything. If zandalari and mag’har get to be monks then pandaren should get to be DHs.

Ah! Same, but rejoice for WoD TW should arrive… Soonish, and we will not have to farm those dreadful reputations. (I say dreadful, I mostly don’t want to farm reputations, again.)

This is why milestone leveling >>> exp in my opinion. Remove the benefits of murderhoboing and leave only the consequences and you’ll find people will do it far less.

1 Like

New lore can always come out of course to explain new combinations. Just based on present lore there’s a number of combinations that either exist or should exist but aren’t playable. Worgen monks and tauren rogues to name a few. That’s my peeve, race/class combos that ought to be playable based on existing rules and lore but simply aren’t because raisins.

Pfft, to heck with that. Less is more works with RP profiles, but in a discussion, you use as many words as you need to, and if that’s a lot, that’s a lot…if people don’t want to read it all, well, they can just not.
I mean forum posts aren’t the same as novels, but you can boil anything down to a couple of sentences if you think about it;

Napoleon tries to invade Russia, it all goes a bit South for him.

Short bloke and his mates go to a Volcano and chuck some jewellery in a volcano. Eagles.

Peasant turns out to be mighty warrior, has daddy issues, blows up giant space golfball.

I’ve never really understood this whole TL;DR thing. If you don’t want to read it…then…don’t read it? Its something a bit weird about the Internet…

3 Likes

I would like to quote a part of a comment from a thread in the general discussion section, because I cannot post there, and it’s something that peeves me in general:

Do anti-flying people really think that this is how pro-flying people operate, or are they just trolls? I am feeling inclined to believe that this guy is a filthy Gurubashi troll, but come on… Really?

“I don’t care about artists”, I guess it never came to mind for this bloke that people can enjoy the world from either on the ground, or from the air. I certainly know that there can be a lot of great vistas to be witnessed from the skies. Sorry, but the point is moot

“I don’t care about seeing players” Oh yeah, because the outside world is totally just filled to the brim with people and there are societies just forming in front of us while out in the world. Sorry, but the point is moot.

I assume it’s lazyness on the part of the reader, or disrespect towards the poster, but I’ll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and say that they’re probably implying that a post is really unnecessarily wordy, where it could benefit with a few paragraphs less, or a few less sentences to express a point being made.

when you fly you don’t pay a lot of attention to your surroundings, you just point yourself to the direction of your destination and go forwards, meanwhile if you’re grounded, you’re sort of forced to see the work, it’s all around you, not 100 meters below

That’s because flying isn’t the only issue in this husk of a game

On what basis are you assuming this? That every single person alt-tabs when flying or just stares forward? Well if they’re on a Flightmaster then I can suppose that is the case, but when they’re flying manually, they will probably have to pay attention…

Sorry, but being “Forced” to look at something, doesn’t make people appreciate it any more than being given the choice to look at it or not. I certainly didn’t appreciate my school’s efforts of informing us youth about how dangerous social media and the internet is, just because I was forced to attend those “Every” year.

Good, because it’s NOT an issue.

Apart from the Saberon hunters in Tanaan Jungle… I found the rest decent to handle.

The idea that I need to wait for a WQs to pop up in order to gain rep bothers me more than having the choice to grind and no do it at all if I want to… Or do it in my own pace.

Sure grinding is really mind numbing, trust me spending all that time in WoD in front of Tanaan’s gates or Spires of Arak fungi zone and finally going on a murder rampage upon innocent Saberon in Fang’rila who didn’t do anything wrong except existing were not fun… At all… But WQs (without grouping addons we had back in Legion) is just as terrible.

I wish MoP dailies were back.

Wow No, Totally No. That’s an assumption, I -love- checking out the zones from the air, you can really see the artistry that has went into it. Krasarang, Stranglethorn, Gilneas, oh man there are so many zones which look great on the ground, but then you get to see them from the air and you fall in love with them again, and you see features you just can’t see on the ground and really appreciate the sheer effort that went into some of the environments…

4 Likes

Its been awhile since one of brigante’s posts fits on the screen of my phone.

Heh heh, Yeah, Fair comment. (There’s another one by the way :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I had a read at this thread and it gave me the feeling that I’m about to have diarrhea.

That one Blood Elf Death Knight really strikes me as a rude petulant child.

The whole ‘You don’t appreciate the world from the sky!’ argument is so much horse muck.

I stop appreciating the world from the ground far more, far more quickly. Why? Maybe because all the wonderful landscape is littered with pointless, irritating mobs that have an aggro range that extends into the next county? So I’m basically rushing through like a mess of mount legs and constant swearing, trying to get to the next quest. Am I appreciating the world design then? No, if anything I want to see the mob-placement dev so I can give them a slap!

From the air, meanwhile, I can cruise about and, when I see something cool, buzz over to examine it at my leisure. This was basically my whole experience with Northrend; I would zig-zag around scouting out all the things that made me go “Ooh, thats cool, what’s that?” The Oculus, for instance, was very much a breathtaking discovery. Ice Crown itself was stunning because, even with flying, the thing was MA-HOOSIVE.

Maybe if the devs stopped making ground travel such an obnoxious hassle (And no, trash mobs are not ‘but it’s gameplay, git gud’, because they lend nothing to the story, they’re not challenging, and classes with stealth can just bypass them entirely, i.e. they are not mandatory) then maybe this ‘argument’ would have so fething merit, rather than being an elitist, old-school circle-jerk.

2 Likes

The whole “stick to the roads and you should be save from mobs” also often gets ignored…
Or they simply don’t put any roads into a place and you stand there, at the beginning of the expansion, with your freshly dinged shadow priest. Feeling like an overly wet one-layer tissue paper.
Only to discover that the place you’re supposed to go to is up on a cliff.

4 Likes

Like it wasnt enough that the freaking heating in this house doesnt work and we’ve been stuck without warm rooms or water for the past three weeks, the windows being single-glassed and half the garden being taken by a lot of weeds in the form of bushes and the nearest shop being 4km away, the garage gate just decided to break too

In fairness, I can see both sides of the argument here. The “there’s only one true way to play a class/archetype” crowd is annoying as heck, but D&D is a team game, and so you should consider which class options make you more likely to succeed as a team.

For the record, one of my 5e characters is a bladesinger wizard and most of her spellbook is filled with utility and control spells. (And frankly, damage spells often just waste precious slots on something that martial classes can do better.) But I still took Fireball because everyone expects wizards to take Fireball. And let’s face it, large-scale AoE damage is one of the areas where wizards far outshine martial classes, and encounters are balanced with that in mind.

1 Like

Peeve: blizzard AI suspending me from forums and not even sending a letter to an email, explaining what FOR. :japanese_goblin: Low-energy effort, reeeeee

2 Likes

He escaped the gulag…

5 Likes