Pet Peeve: The Undying

That this thread is unending. I actually miss when we had to split up the threads.

twitch, short and simple
I don’t mind watching twitch when I want to once in a blue moon.
my dislike is linked to the fact I have an account or I was forced to make one rather.

but at least I can voice my opinion of the service through my password and twitch will even say it is a good secure one.
so that is a plus I guess.

My pet peeve is TRP giving the Mary Sue Protocol the “embrace, extend and extinguish” treatment. It’s the Internet Explorer of RP addons, putting tremendous pressure on MRP and XRP to implement its non-standard extensions to the protocol just to stay competitive with TRP’s feature bloat.

2 Likes

Sleep was accomplished but I’m in so much pain that I’m just curled up on the side of my bed like a dead spider. Everything that needs doing today? I DUN WANNA!

It’ll get split up when people write something Blizzard finds a good reason closing the thread, don’t worry.

Such as the peeve thread getting surprisingly political about the British. Nipping the bud, here.

This is exactly why I use MRP. TRP just has too many trivial features in it. I like that MRP has been getting the first glances and what not but it’s fine the way it is now. If you want simplicity MRP was always the addon to go with.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with TRP and its features? It’s not that many features and you don’t have to use them all.
But as long as you can read all first glances and stuff even if you use MRP or XRP it doesn’t bug me.

2 Likes

pre 80 monk tanks.

Its like trying to heal a wet paper bag.

Two words:
Lust slider.

10 Likes

As someone with a Brewmaster… yes.
I don’t see why we have to put up with “You need this whole extra mechanic with active buttons that make things super awkward if you can’t keybind everything with ease” when on, say, Prot Pally or Warrior I can simply spam AoE and defensive abilities in an attack rotation and, by about level 20, have a comfortable feeling of tankiness.

Justice for Pandaren, and Justice for Brewmasters!

You know you gotta have that slider on max, boy.

1 Like

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/114/033/aed.gif

YOu can remove that slider, though, iirc?

Peeve: Can’t post on the general discussion forum section without a subscription.

Moving on to my main peeve: There is a thread in the General Discussions section that can be summarized with this:

“Allied Races shouldn’t have a rep grind!”
“You must earn and work hard for things you want!”
“The rep grind is time-gated stupidity and it elongates the grind unnecessarily!”
“Oh, so this means you want everything to be given to you for FREE!?”
“What? No, we just want the reputation grind to be removed because it inflates the time of unlocking things.”
“AAAARGH YOU ENTITLED BABBIES WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE!”
“WE DID NOT SAY THAT!”

You get the idea. A bunch of people who cannot come to a compromise, despite reasonable proposals being offered, with one side just either willfully ignoring the proposals and just call people “Entitled”, or do not understand what they’re talking about, and just say “You want the Allied Races for nothing!”

Look. I think we can all agree that reputation grinds for allied races are stupid, especially considering how the world quests give a very pitiful amount for completing them, and the only substantial bulk is through emissaries or completing quests (But that ain’t a repeatable task).

At the same time, I don’t think anyone agrees that they should just be there from the get-go (Though it definitely would be nice), because “Muh race doesn’t trust you” and so on and such.

So, what do we do instead? Simple, really:

Remove the reputation requirement, make it so you need to complete the story quests, or if you want the reputation, add methods of grinding out the reputation, or expand the reputation token drops, so they’re not gated behind Island Expeditions, and also cost a fair amount to get them from the merchant.

Add reputation rewards for completing dungeons, higher reputation for the harder difficulty you complete, so 150 for normal, 300 for Heroic, and 800 for Mythic or something like that, give people SOMETHING to do after they’re done with their world quests.

If this comment were posted on that thread, I imagine some people would scream and shout and say that I want every achievement in the game for no effort, or something stupid like that.

If anyone’s interested, here is the thread in question: REQUIREMENTS for Unlock allies races are stupid - #249 by Ethanar-argent-dawn

2 Likes

Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Great post <3

1 Like

Well, I mean… It’s not too unreasonable, people don’t like time-gated requirements in the form of world quests that give pitiful reputation rewards, and wish for either an alternative, or just remove the requirement altogether.

Say, wanna be my voice and spread my message of peace and love to that thread?

1 Like

I’ll do it, cheers!

1 Like

I think my greatest problem with it, is not that I have to grind, but that Blizzard -decide- for me, when I can grind. With the old WotLK reps if I wanted to spend hours grinding for Wyrmrest Accord, or the Argent Crusade, I could do so, when I wanted to.
Now however if I want to spend hours grinding for Zandalari Empire rep, I cannot. Once I’ve done the WQ’s which give a trifling amount of Rep, I suddenly cannot keep trying to earn rep. Its not the Rep Grind that is the problem, it is the artificial barriers put in the way of those who actually might -want- to just spend a day grinding Rep. I can understand with things like, say, the Argent Tournament mounts and Pets, but with races that are touted as a key factor of the expansion it just tastes a bit sour. If I want to spend 7 hours a day grinding rep for my Zandaboi then let me do so, rather than gating it. I’m still putting the same effort in, just in condensed chunks rather than every few days…

9 Likes

What’s also rather silly, is how people keep trying to go batting for Blizzard’s idea of reputation grinding, and bring up these old things (Argent Tournament, Pandaria Dailies, you name it) as defenses for “World Quests are perfectly acceptable”.

The thing is though, those activities provide/provided things that would benefit your character, or you could use on an account-wide basis. Argent Tournament? Unlocks mounts, pets, titles, things you can use for all characters (And at the time also unlocked some gear items for your character, that you intended on playing with).

Pandaria Dailies? Stuff that unlocked gear for your character.

I also find it funny how I haven’t seen any of them bring up Warlords of Draenor, who’s reputations consisted only of account-wide rewards of mounts and pets and tabards for your character. Reputations that you got through either doing dungeons, grinding mobs, or farming for tokens to turn in to a representative for reputation (And in Tanaan the reputations you were doing did give a substantial amount, and also had a place to grind mobs for. So… WTH World Quests?).

The Allied Races however just unlock you a new potential character, which certainly sours things, as you said. And yet, it’s apparently totes legit because “Muh prestigious reward”, because for some reason people are inflating the value of an Allied Race to that of something very valuable.

1 Like