Please allow those stuck on Flamelash Alliance a Transfer!

This is so, so sad. I cannot believe that Blizzard would act in such a way, giving barely 48 hours of notice before closing transfers out of a server is not enough time.

Several of our beloved guild members, who we have come to view as a small family over the last few months, were unable to login or check our discord over the last 2 days, and therefore completely missed the transfer.

Why? Well, because they work, have children, have family etc. It is very strange that unless you see a random forum message in 2 days your ENTIRE GAME gets completed destroyed. These are not the kind of people who can re-roll, as it takes months to level up when you have adult responsibilities.

Blizzard, I plead with you to please open paid or free transfers out of Flamelash! (I am okay with paid too, yes, we just want our friends!)

Edit: Please allow migrations for horde too obviously! Many are in the same situation. I am not trying to faction-blame here.

Edit 2: Why didn’t we transfer before the last 2 days? = We were not planning on migrating initially, as we believed BG’s being released might solve the situation, and there was NO indication that Blizzard would suddenly close transfers before that date. Then, when they suddenly announced they were closing transfers with only 48 hours notice, mass panic took over the server and everyone began leaving. THIS is why we, as a guild, were forced to make a sudden decision, and some of our members were unavailable during these 48 hours due to adult life responsibilities.

41 Likes

48 hours to press 5 buttons, that takes such a long time, what about the months before that?

4 Likes

I just checked there were 7 people in Ironforge and the AH had very few items for weapons. Dead, dead , dead on alliance side. Feel sorry for those of you who did not transfer. Nobody at all but my level 1 in Stormwind.

2 Likes

We were not planning to migrate until after BGs were released, as there was no indications transfers would close before that. Then, suddenly, it was announced they would be closing in 2 days. This is the problem.

5 Likes

I do understand, I play wow classic a few hours everyday and had no idea any transfers were going on. I’m not Flamelash and I’m okay on my server, but blizz really need to make everyone aware about server transfers in future. I don’t check the forums everyday, where else do they inform you about classic transfers because I haven’t noticed them?

7 Likes

When you log in and there is a queue.

i have made a level 1 on Flamelash, there are some ppl i have spoken with, this is so sad, most of em wants to leave the server, Blizzard please, open transfers for theses poor souls, they don’t deserve to stay on this graveyard

6 Likes

Only if they open it up to horde too.

No way is it fair otherwise. Yes there was alot of ganking going on, but thinking everyone on Flamelash did it and therefore deserves to be left on a dead (PvP) server because they chose the wrong faction?

Open it up and let people move if they so decide, maybe remake it as a PvE server to entice it to fill up again.

3 Likes

Why are you blaming Blizzard because of a large group of players communicating and leaving at the same time? That’s the player base’s fault, not Blizzards.

You all knew that server transfers wouldn’t be available for long, as it should have been common sense that the transfers would end if the low populated servers that people were given free transfers to, suddenly boomed in population.

3 Likes

The transfer system could have been designed in such a way, as to make behavior such as this impossible. By making the transfer system a sign up system, they could better control the way the population shifts around the servers.

Initiate a sign up system for a period, say 14 days. After which time, Blizzard can shuffle the players around the servers to better balance them. Add a group sign up feature, to prevent friends and guilds from being broken up.

2 Likes

No it is absolutely blizzards fault.

Not really, it wasn’t some grand scheme, people just jumped a sinking ship.

2 Likes

People all decided to do the same thing. That was their choice, they face the consequences. It wasn’t Blizzard’s fault that a bunch of you abused their features and services.

Thank you for your support Dacien. I agree that transfers should be made available to any horde who wish to transfer too, as they may be in the same situation as well.

4 Likes

Is just a bad situation for everyone involved… Something does need to be done about Flamelash specifically… As it is right now there are no winners.

If just for any reason it makes Blizzard look incompetent. Which am sure they dont want happening (again).

4 Likes

Unless they set a specific date, they also make it clear that transfers can close at any time. They’ve even closed them with no warning at all.
A “I’ll do it next week” attitude is simply stupid unless you get a clear date for when they close (and even then it’s a gamble).

That said, those left behind on Flamelash are pretty much screwed now, and some probably didn’t even know about the transfers or weren’t online when they were available, so they should be given another opportunity to transfer.

You really need to get off that high horse

Abused?
Some guilds went there, and people acted out of fear of being stuck on a dead server and mass moved. They just didn’t want to be screwed over like OP.

Sad reality is that Flamelash was actually quite alright and the migrations were poorly designed with this being the consequences, which everyone and their dog could’ve seen coming from miles away.

Rip for both Horde on Flamelash that can’t do any wpvp as they’re now on a PvE server and Alliance who are now singing Celine Dion in Ironforge that they’re all by themselves.

F

8 Likes

Am sorry this situation sucks bad but god this killed me :joy:

2 Likes

What high horse? I live in a world where I don’t blame other people for my decisions. Perhaps more people should take that approach?

It’s called simple self awareness.

This is not a blame post. Whatever decision was made, was made, I know it is tough for Blizzard too. But, I would hope that in the aftermath of things they would at least help the poor souls who have lost months of game-play and risk quitting the game at the moment.

I love Classic WoW, so I am definitely not here to trash talk Blizzard or anything. Neither do I think it was horde’s fault, or any other childish name-calling.

Simply put, we want an avenue for those stranded away from their guild members to be able to re-join their families. I really hope Blizzard will not let us down on this issue.

7 Likes