Please don't put phase 2 to early

Do you even know what P2 brings to the game?
Judging by that comment you don’t.

There’s genuinely no reason to not want P2 to hit within the next month.

3 Likes

Where are you reading this? lol.

It seems you are talking about yourself. If you get bored just leave. Content should be released the same way it was in Vanilla.

2 Likes

Yes i do know. We still want to experience the Phase 1 content first, you have to understand that not everyone has 10+ hours per day available to put into Classic.

We told you to enjoy it and not over rush, your fault for not listening.
When the MAJORITY experiences Phase 1 then we can move into Phase 2.

2 Likes

“We still want to experience the Phase 1 content first”.

You know what content they add in Phase 2?

Dire Maul and the PvP-system.

Will you suddenly stop doing “Phase 1 content” because they release Dire Maul and actually add PvP to the game?

1 Like

I play on Gehennas and there is still a two hour queue during prime time and on weekdays. It seems completely impossible to turn off layering anytime soon, and that is supposed to be 100% happening come Phase 2. So personally I am not predicting it happening for several more months.

5 Likes

“I pretend to be hardcore but still there’s so many people getting out ahead of me, please delay later phases so I can easily catch up”

If anything, p2 will mostly (besides more dungeon entrance ganking) make it easier to catch up even.

I agree, delay the PVE content, I actually think MC shouldn’t have been released for at least two months into the game.

But we need honor now. I’ve been playing PASSIVE in STV because without honor gains I just feel like a jerk killing someone for no reason.

It’s still reasonably violent there but there’s no comparison to when people actually benefit from killing others.

What? Nobody said anything about them releasing all the phases earlier. Just P2, since it doesn’t contain anything game-breaking for the slower players to miss out on. If they delay the phases for too long, it’s going to mean Battlegrounds don’t come out for far too long. Given that most of the community in Classic are on PvP servers, it’s a safe bet that a huge aspect of the classic community are specifically eager to tuck into Battlegrounds.

1 Like

aka im slowwwwwwwww pls cater to me…
how about no?
even the msot casuals are by now 60, if you arent 60 yea you dotn even play , maybe u are logging once a week or so, in witch case u have no right to demands

@Trajan: I checked queues yesterday during prime time… Only five EU realms had one during my check. Given the drops in activity and FCMs currently open, phase 2 is probably feasible by the end of next month, if Blizzard simply axes the CCU caps.

It’s a general question or let’s say a question of the mentality. What i mean is the following: They intended to Releases the phases slowly. Now some kiddies without RL are already bored and cry for new content. If blizz surrenders to that, that means that they change there mind in general and that they will also probably release the other phases earlier. And as i said, in my opinion (and i could not care less if anyone disgrees with that) the whine for new content was one of the reasons that killed wow and my concern is that this will happen again

3 Likes

don’t release P2 yet, please. thanks

2 Likes

Why exactly?

1 Like

Tbh if you’ve hit 60, got all your current BIS, maxed and got all recipes for your professions and SSs, maxed all reps and farmed your set 1 up in that time already you need to go outside, not on the forums to beg.

Absolutely right, but caving to addicts isn’t the way forward. Don’t rush the cookies out the oven because the kid addicted to them wants to eat another 24 in 10min :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why would you need to do any of those things? YOu can just reach 60 and quit.

It doesn’t really matter how many realms are in queue but rather how bad the worst ones are. Blizzard isn’t going to treat the realms differently so even one being difficult to turn layering off for will delay all of them.

You maybe right but it sounds like a guess to me, or do you have something to compare to when it comes to how activity drops? Because we shouldn’t expect it to be linear without justifying that.

I think they will never do that. this game has lags at 40vs40 fights just like on retail wow. Well this is the same game engine. What was to be expected. Private servers make it easy to fight without lag with a lot more players than wow classic.

@Trajan: Actually, if there is exactly one problem (EU) realm (or just two or three), Blizzard will have an easy time axing the CCU cap and keeping FCMs out open for that / those realms. Then people will face a difficult, but simple question: Do I transfer or accept the need to queue still? I assume you are aware that some of the smaller realms are already effectively operating in a single layer environment, even though layering has not been turned off as of yet (as far as I know)?

True, but it does not have to be linear. If the numbers from yesterday’s queues are representative enough, we are now talking about less than 11 000 players total across entire EU. Also, given the existence of FCMs, activity could drop by ZERO, if it just reallocated itself… I do have to admit that there is the caveat of the fact that on the retail side at least, Thursday’s prime time does not represent the weekly maximum. So actual value of “excess” is probably still a little bit higher than the mentioned 11 000.

Additionally, most people do not get too upset, if there is a queue of couple of hundred or so. We probably do not have an optimum case, but it is possible that actual total number is already below 10 000, if people are generally willing to tolerate some queues.

2 Likes

Wouldnt they have to wait for players numbers to drop some more so they can removing layering before phase 2? thats why we cant have it too soon.

1 Like