Please merge Classic Era Servers into their respective kind

I guess the server populations vary so much that many of us have a slightly different experience so far, although everyone and every server still seems under populated.

The Earthshaker / Mograine etc Realmpool was the most active with around 49 yesterday, as sad as it sounds. The most “action” one would get is to sit around a bonfire with people from the other realms.

I went ahead (and so did a friend of mine) and checked the other PvP realm pools and lets just say it wasn’t looking great.

Saying that cross-realm activity will be the end of Classic Era servers is a VERY bold statement; for once, this isn’t retail. People actually care about their reputation (for the most part) and there will always be those individuals that will sperg out in the Battleground chat or in World Chat, that’s just a given.
Second, as mentioned, the servers wouldn’t only have cross-realm activity but also be merged, meaning people would be seeing the others as regulars now, not only someone you’d meet in a Battleground (even though I have met a lot of people several times a day in Battlegrounds and it was for the most part a pleasant experience).

I do play both horde and alliance, and I can tell you that it isn’t look bright on either side.
It’s nice to see that people are willing to take the initiative to farm a “Fresh” on a dead server or try to pug a Zul’Gurub, but it sounds more like a pain in the a** rather than something you’d be willing to form and lead within a matter of maybe half an hour. I doubt anyone of us wants to sit and spam for 1-2 hours straight that they are trying to form a 20 man raid. Now scale this up to a 40 man raid and you might as well just try and stop the effort completely.

It may be the case that one realm pool has been a bit luckier than others with people trying to take the initiative of leading a GDKP or a standard soft reserve raid, but again, this will not be the case on every realm pool, and that is just a fact.

This is classic vanilla World of Warcraft after all, where the community aspect is the core aspect of the game, not some silly mount or transmog grinds like on retail, where you don’t care about how you get into raids or with who.

Just my two cents, though I have the feeling that 9/10 people strongly agree with me.

For all the RP enjoyers, I don’t understand how your servers would get overpopulated at ANY point. Every server so far is pretty much a ghost town. Add the 20-40 active players per realm together and you still will only have a handful of players, barely enough to make the server mildly active. This is an mmorpg, not a solo player adventure. If you feel like you want the world for yourself, you might be in that boat all alone.

Cheers for the responses and thanks for being mature and positive about this subject, each and everyone of you.

Keep the replies coming!

4 Likes

Please merge all PVP servers…

3 Likes

Great thread, i totally agree with the necessity to merge all PvP servers together and separately all PvE servers together!

The sooner the better.

3 Likes

Bump bump :smiley:

2 Likes

I already unsubscribed, if it does not get better within 20 days, I’m gone. Not interested in TBC. Just want to play classic PVP for mechanics, not interested in another grind. MERGE!

8 Likes

couldn’t agree more matey <3

2 Likes

Please offer transfers from servers instead of connecting all of them. Reasons for leaving RP realms alone has already been discussed. Much like you wouldnt merge PvE and PvP, RP realms need seperation too.

3 Likes

They need to merge servers.

They also need to change the way PVP system works, there is barely enough people for 1 WSG game maybe 1 AB at a time, there is no AV games going anymore. They need to change the way the brackets works, there is not even 330 people doing PVP for there to even be a BR1 space.

I already unsubbed, if they’re deliberately trying to sabotage classic era good job.

2 Likes

feel free to share this thread with like minded people guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its not about being alone, I do like company and have a nice guild, but I also think about joining this reroll project on Horde side. Since I am 5/5 I can play on both sides of HW and it doesnt look pitch black to me.
It will take a while, but many will still play on our classic realm once they are done with their TBC leveling.

The concern on RP realms is that “outsiders” could bring in things, that are “unethical” to RP. This could be some kind of raid menthality like gearscore or so. But it could also be something that is totally normal on many realms, but kind of blacklisted on an RP. In 2 years HW, I have never received a message by a goldseller. I also didnt see any bots, except one who did pvp all day.

There was also no griefing as far I can tell, except one Gnome who killed me in our own city, but that was not a big deal.

What friends told me about their pvp or pve realms is truly scary. It does start with the abuse of layers on release, the lotus mafia that camps herb spawns so that nobody could herb, but also campers on rares, AH bots that always undercut and controlled the market, streamer guilds that didnt let anyone else get Rank 14 or world bosses…

These examples are extreme, but I was happy to avoid them on HW. I have chars on some pve realms, but rarely played them.

By connecting us with the other realms, the day will come when streamers think classic is fun again and then we are unable to “disconnect” us from what they will bring. This is not just about today, its about the future too.

I sadly experienced what a streamer guild can do to a realm, believe me its not something you would enjoy.

But this community did not even have 24 hours, it will take some time before we can see this community. I remember the first days on HW, people kept saying the realm is dead, no raids and not enough players. In the end, people did raid and play, I always met people in the open world, it just needed some time.

Why cant we just level our chars a bit or do what we currently can, or maybe even try TBC and in a few weeks we will talk again.

By just connecting us to random realms right now, we dont even give a new community a chance to build. And connected or not, we will not get one thousand players again in the next few weeks / months, not aslong TBC is new so we do a knee jerk action that doesnt even give us anything right now. BG´s are already xrealm, connecting our realms wont increase the chance to get a BG either.

Cassic will not go anywhere and there will be people coming back. If in 6 months HW still only has 40 people online like now, then we can worry, but not if that happens 24 hours after TBC realms came up.

3 Likes

No one is trying to Merge the RP realms with the standard PvP or PvE realms my friend. All server classes should be kept strictly separate.

3 Likes

Hey mates! It’s been awhile since I posted anything on forum, but I strongly believe that this case is definately worth it.

I support the idea of connecting all PVP servers in regions. I understand that we might need some time to stabilize the Classic Era population till the dust is settled down after TBC pre-patch and release. However, the feeling that the server is a wasteland right now (I am from Ten storms server grp) is hard, even psychologically.

So I thing such connection is a very good idea.

Cheers, all the best!

2 Likes

100% agree with Coc

4 Likes

Very good thread.

I am undecided between merge all Servers because of nick names) or cross realm all Servers.
All Server = All PVP together, ALL PVE together and so on, dont mix up RP, PVE or PVP.
Also dont mix up languages.

My most problem is, atm i do login, and cant do anything, because i dont find any raid group, or more easy to find enchanter to get +30 spell DMG on Weapon…

Only login to grind rep. and gold is not good.

So the next problem is, if things not change, more and more ppl stop to login.
I played wow in original vanilla and did quit in TBC, this time for me was clear that i never move over to TBC.

Until TBC get fully released, we have to get a solution.

1 Like

BTW i am from germany, but play mainly on enlglish server.

Few mins ago i did login to biggest german realmpool at ally, and there are 45 ppl online :(:frowning:

2 Likes

Today I’m logging in with the goal of having a good wsg session. I’m going to the action house to buy me some cuns but…

No fap
No lap
No swiftness
No grenade
No bandage
No flash bomb

There are very few items in the AH, and the few items cost so much I have rarely seen that…

What should I do now? Wait several months to see ONLY the conso I need?

PLZ MERGE THE SERVERS!

3 Likes

would be nice if blizzard atleast threw the classic era enjoyers a bone, maybe even just a test realm / war game server with cooldowns finishing upon duel ending or just to just wargame warsong etc against each other with a free consumeable NPC. i know this is a reach and far from blizzlike, but it wouldnt interfere with the actual live servers.

1 Like

This is just the DREAM of all PvP boys on wow classic! Just imagine if we could be on an ONLY PvP server with unlimited cuns etc…

omg.

1 Like

I 100% agree. There is litterally no point in not connecting all of the PvP realms. Would be so much better to have one community!

1 Like

Imo merge/connect all pvp-pve-rp servers regardless of region and playstyle into 1 server.

PvE-PVP division is not important anymore now that we have Chronoboon. If you don’t do then at least give PvE server people a chance to transfer to PvP.

Private vanilla servers kept an active population of 5K-8K players over a 10 year period because only 1 server was dominant at a time. Those servers were global. So there was always plenty of activity. The EU players were raiding from 18-23 (EU time), US 02-06 (EU time), China 06-12 (EU Time), and Russia was raiding as well.