Please merge Classic Era Servers into their respective kind

It’s not about the chronoboon, it’s more that people don’t like getting ganked outside.

2 Likes

I agree. The Classic Era servers are ghost towns. Merge them by type please so we have a single community on each (PVP and PVE remaining separate).

4 Likes

It is absolutely necessary to merge :

• all PvP / RP-PvP servers together !
  • all PvE / RP-PvE servers together!

And do it as soon as possible if you don’t want it to be the end of classic era ! If you wait too long you will disgust the players! Personally, when I log in to classic era and I see less than 40 players logging in, I just don’t want to play anymore and I’m not interested in TBC at all!

Nobody talks about it but the German-French servers & more are more affected by the non fussion of the servers!

Before the release of classic, blizzard had the idea to merge languages so that all countries play on English servers. For classic era it’s the opportunity to merge the languages on the same server to have a single PvP and PvE server! Because for us it’s even more disturbing to connect on classic and see only 30 people connect!

PLEASE BLIZZARD DO THIS QUICKLY AND SAVE MY FAVORITE GAME!

10 Likes

indeed, it must be horrible on the servers that are not English.

let’s avoid multiplying the posts concerning this subject and let’s concentrate on this post and put thumbs up so that this post gains in visibility and credibility!

3 Likes

I was waiting for months for the day it would be possible to see classic servers full again, making whatever dungeon at any time in a matter of minutes.

Classic wow is my first ever mmorpg and i fell in love with it immediately.

Its a great game and thats why for the first time i pay the same game every month as i intend to do it forever.

Please merge all pvp servers ASAP

2 Likes

Well HW will get atleast 30 more people in a couple of weeks when our guild launches :slight_smile:

Were choosing the RP server specifically because its not connected. Would be a real bummer to have that be connected now.

5 Likes

more bumps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A merge is really needed if we want to have a shot at raiding on the classic era realms. Furthermore, it would be great if they dropped the “- realm” tag. I understand why that tag seemed necessary, but given how few people are playing classic era, it is unlikely that many people share the same name. Better do an actual merge and offer a free name change where needed.

4 Likes

I’ve checked regularly the EU servers groups, the biggest PVP groups have in average only 40 online players in the level range 50-60. For the RP servers, the french, german and spanish servers, it’s way less than that. We need a quick merge of the EU servers in 1 international server in order to have an healthy population (or 2 servers max). Please be quick about that Blizz.

1 Like

Please relax, slow down, rtake it easy. Almosr everybody is playing TBCC rigth now. We cannot in any way know how many will return to Classic Era servers. PLease do not do anything over hastily

Just because they’re playing tbcc and may return doesn’t mean Blizzard should not act quickly, they may return but the current classic population may not ever return to the game you understand? I have already unsubbed because I think the handling of classic era and the transition into TBCC has been handled terribly by Blizzard. Unless Blizzard make changes soon or announce they’re aware of the situation i’m outta here, 150 days played in classic, not sticking around for months on end before they decide they may have to take action.

2 Likes

I really don’t like to be a negative Nancy but I do want to point out what we are dealing with right now. I obviously don’t have the real realm numbers but with some simple math we can get pretty close.
Most servers typically had around 6k players before the pre patch hit.
Lets assume around 10% of those stay in Classic. That’s 600 players.
We have 3 realms connected so that would make it 1800 players. Lets also assume it’s evenly divided, that would mean 900 players on each side.
I’d say that’s barely enough to sustain a server.

However, the actual numbers are way lower. I did a /who for 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc today, and it resulted in around 140 players total, this was Alliance side.
No idea how it is on Horde side, but probably close to the same number. This was done around 4PM though, so not prime time.
Long story short, we need more realms connected and we need them fast.
Even if another 10% decide to come back, and that’s very optimistic and unlikely, I am not sure whether that will do it.

The thing is, with all this uncertainty right now, people might call it quits before anything happens and that would be a real shame.

1 Like

I salute you and your initiative.
This thread has reached quite the attention now, but apparently actiblizzard doesn’t care anymore at this point.

I am guessing that they are rubbing their hands at the moment seeing all the people fleet into TBC and spamming the microtransactions.

Old blizzard was based and very eager to keep their players satisfied.
Seems like the activision people who call the shots only think about the income.
Classic is a dead horse for them - I reckon they’re annoyed by having to keep the servers up without gaining anything from it.

In a few weeks none of us will be left and they gonna shut them down for good.
Guess we have to wait for fresh classic which hopefully will happen once TBC gets stale.
I’m guessing that should be by the end of this year or so.

At least that’s my train of thought.

2 Likes

Merge all pvp servers ASAP! Please Blizzard do it right now!

It hurts me to see what my favorite game has become.
I have never enjoyed playing wow as much as I have since classic, it was the best decision of Blizzard to create a World Of Warcraft Classic. What will happen to my favorite game now? What will happen to the players who are not interested in TBC at all and seeing the state of the ERA servers?

Merge the ERA servers and give us a fresh classic server PLEASE!

2 Likes

I mean, more people would move to TBC as the classic population has dwindled considerably.
If they don’t do something and fast, it will force the remainder of the very few classic players to either quit or move to TBC themselves.

When I checked the realms connected to Razorgore at around 18:00-19:00 - You had just over 41 level 60s online and less than 50 people under level 59 on the alliance side.
People “returning” from TBC can takes months, but by that time comes… everyone else would have likely left.

1 Like

just ignore the guy. he wants to play alone on an empty server and wants everyone else to stand behind that idea, even though 95% of people here disagree with him.

1 Like

Lol, there was one thread stating that you shouldn’t have any connected realms xD.

2 Likes

I must salute you though , it was your initiative in the first place. I do share your cynicism, unfortunately.
I forgot to quote, this was directed at you Coc. You are awesome.

1 Like

Xrealms are cancer.

4 Likes