Please save TBC ERA (open ERA servers)

Dualspec would allow me to tank/heal for randoms in heroics, since I won’t be forsed to spend gold or my time running to trainers to respec every time someone is looking for thouse roles into dungeon I might be interested in.

If not Ulduar and ICC, what Wrath is good and famous for then? From a PvE dragon perspective (sorry I do not find PvP in WoW particulary engaging, with all of the PvE geae interference).

What I ultimately think about TBC classic Era is that Blizzard has the technology to make all versions game coexist on different layers of the server. Like visiting Chromie on retail to choose leveling expansions. If people could phase to any expansion at will having separate gear and bank tabs for each “era” that would make Era server build in option, making them able to join latest raid or join run to older one they wish to finish. You could even have joined AH, but players would have access to goods available for their era, like people on lassic layer able to buy true silver, but not saronite ore/bars, however people for Wrath layers would be able to buy any of thouse.

This is a terrible, obnoxious idea to me. How could i have all my alts - or will you up the character limit to 30 per server?

Your argument when it comes to Dual spec and LFD is: You don’t like it? Don’t use it. Why is the same argument not good for Era servers? You don’t want them, don’t use them, but leave others to enjoy.
The only reason for all this I can see is that you’re afraid too many players would stay in the Era servers.
The costs for the Era servers would be more than covered by the subs of Luftbläschen and company staying to play TCBB Era.

2 Likes

+1 for TBC era Servers

3 Likes

I don’t want to play with ppl who prefer LK over BC tbh.
Simply unpopular opinion, I dislike LK. So splitting is fine.

Let us live forever in the golden lands of Quel’Danas!

• The house of Sunfreezer

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ubv5lw/when_i_see_wotlk_already_coming_this_year/

I recently suggested something similar. The way I imagine it would be that several servers will warp to the same WotLK/TBC etc, that way all expansions will be populated, and you can have your alt army just fine. The only real downside of doing it this way is that you will have your server name next to your name in case of duplicates, but that is a really small price to pay.

I’ll also make clear that when you warp, all the balancing, spells etc would remain intact for that particular expansion, no retail leaking into the sacred grounds.

I mean, if we had something like that we would have no need for classic servers, and absolutely no worries about splitting any community or what will come next, we will have everything.

Unlikely to happen though, judging by how much they seemed to struggle with just making normal classic servers.

Dear friends. Please create more topics for support of TBC ERA, spread our request next to developers, who can (twitter, reddit, etc…) . If TBC ERA is created, then this will also indicate that WotLK ERA will be created later too. At the moment, there is no guarantee that after the release of Cataclysm Classic, that all characters not transfer from WotLK to CATA, now not have guaranties (!)

1. We must have the right to choose how to play next! Character stay in TBC or going next in WotLK, or can used option CLONE CHARACTER. It’s ideal option! Option transfer from Classic to TBC be ideal.
  2. ERA Servers for everyone expansions! We for TBC ERA, WOTLK ERA, etc… Our progress need save in our love expansions!!!

Big thanks all.

6 Likes

To state my point clearly: This would make me unsub immediately. There’s as it is enough Retail features, bugs ect “shining” through from the use of a not-Vanilla engine. I would simly hate tosee more Retail-fetaures - or just TBC or Wrath features popping up in Classic Era.

This is already happening now. Sometimes all the addons they use to hide whatever feature not supoposed to be in Classic fails, and we have Golden Quest helper arrows, Glittering nodes/herbs/Quest objectives, Strange tooltips, Sell price in mouse over window, and the small up and tdown arrows are consistently on the minimap over nodes, quest givers etc. even if they are a thing from Legion.
NO, NO, and NO!!!

Era servers sas they are now for Classic Era works, and why touch a running system? Just add TBCC Era servers to the bundle.

3 Likes

And signed petittion too please who can on change org

2 Likes

It seems you didn’t understood the idea at all, if so pardon my English.

Suggestion was a following:

On same server Classic, TBC and Wrath layers coexist.

You switch layers just as you switch leveling expansion lvl 10-50 in retail - speak to Chromie in capital city and done.

Your character would remain the same, except gear and items from next expansion would be unavailable and his level would correspond to expansion’s lvl cap.

That means 3 copies of your character, and 3 banks/mails e.t c.

So if you lack people to your classic raid you can reqruit someone from TBC or Wrath era to help you out and then they can go back playing their progression.

I do understand your English, not being a native speaker, but a translator, speaking most of the European languages more or less well, helps immensely :wink:
It is the concept itself which baffles me. Now I understand it and am even more appaled:

I don’t play Retail at all, so don’t know about Chromie. I stopped playing anything but ironman in Late Legion, and stopped playing at all in BfA - my main there is still level 113 :wink: (Don’t know what this makes him after the squish) I never bought SL. And bought a new account for Classic.

NO, I have different characters in Classic Era and TBCC And I do not want them mixed up, different characters, different Guilds, different secondaries. Different acheivements … Heck, I’m not even at max level with may of alts yet - would levelling them in TBCC then automatiacally max tehem in Classic Era! No way!

Plus it’s one Zillion chances for Blizz to mess it up.

No thanks - those 'smart 'layer things are one of the things I did not like (to put it mildly) in Retail, and one of the things making me quit.

Trhe easy thing to do is just make 2 TCBCC Era servers in EU.

Although I support BC era servers, I believe this is where You may be missing Blizzard’s point of view. This is of course only my suspicion as I don’t work for Blizzard, but I suspect that it is not the servers that are expensive, but rather the process of copying all the characters for transfer. In my opinion, Blizzard didn’t make enough money with character clones during Vanilla-BC transfer, and that’s why they aren’t doing it this time around.
The reason i believe it is that Blizzard is a commercial entity, if there would be money to be made from this, they’d make it.

No way. Every time a character is deleted, a “shot” of it is made, so that we can re-make it within a reasonable time. Taking this “shot” is no problem, maybe storing the data is a small problem.

Maybe this. But I think that - apart from thinking with their wallets - that Blizz wants people to go to Retail. And that they (same as some on this forums) never understood that we are quite a lot of people that would rather quit than being forced to play what we do not like.
They are really still like: “You think you do - but we know better” As can also be seen from the many big and small changes they are implementing in Classic.
I think it hurt their pride that they were so mistaken. That so many people played, and still play, Classic in one of its forms.

Interesting argument, although the snapshot for Vanilla-TBC transfer was on a much greater scale. It involved rescheduling of pvp week, disabling AH for several days etc. It still might have been expensive, more expensive than the money gained from cloning services.

The disabling of AH was not solely because of the clones, as far as I remember - something else was done as well. and only for the hindering of cheats. The resceduling of PvP I don’t know anything about, but it’s true that they had to close down the servers for longer than normal maintenance.
Maybe now/next time they know more and can make it quicker/cheaper.

My biggest concern with era servers is the longevity of such. People will quit, but who will actually start? If they were located on retail and therefore more accessible to the wider audience the average person might think to themselves “hmm, why not try out TBC, see what it was like” and just port over, not to mention that at launch this would happen en masse, significantly increasing the player base.

Plus it would be kind of cool to have all your accomplishments for each world collected on one and the same character, while still being able to go back to any of them.

But yeah, I know you are a hardcore no-changer guy, don’t worry, lol. Era servers are better than nothing, still, I personally believe there is room for WoW to evolve into something greater if something like this was done.

AH closing was done “In order to prepare our game service to be ready for both the upgrade to The Burning Crusade Classic and the availability of Classic Era realms”

And here’s the one about PVP:

KK, I remembered it as if they did something more on AH. just proves that memory is not always to be trusted.
Also an explanation for my bad memory is that I do only rarely use Ah, and PvP not at all, so this did not concern me much :wink:

But I still hope that they can do quiockrer and/or better next time around :wink:

1 Like

This makes absolutely no sense to me. The only time they would have to copy a character would be when someone actually paid for the service in the first place. Or are you just saying that the people doing it were so few and therefore the profit too small for them to bother offering the service again?

1 Like

So they should delete servers people love,just so they can push all those people into expansion that you love?

People with personality like yours are responsible for everything that’s wrong with wow today.

3 Likes

The prime target of Era server is not people starting, but people playing the expansion they love and want to stay.
Longevity … well Era servers are still around, getting a bit more players every day so this should not be your concern.

They are at the launcher, is’nt that enough?

If you mean some kind of layre-thingie like Aßpopa, then I think that the target audience disagree with you. We wanted Classic, not some Layer-Retail-like realms.

I don’t trust Blizzard!