Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

Told you earlier, you can’t really know in what ways they’ll be looking for multiboxing beyond what’s allowed.

For example, they can match commands to the same time inputs in the same location, which would in essence negate any and all attempts to get around what you’re presuming right now to be limited to only the software.

There’s a lot they can do even just from the server-side alone.

Whether they’ll do it or not is anyone’s guess though, and even if they do it the question remains whether they’d actually act on it.

There’s really not a lot of trust to be had in Blizzard’s enforcement of their own rules after all.

Already got my reporting ready and cant wait to report players I see multiboxing. Already read all the excuses they started coming up with. So so happy

One can only assume that they’ll do it the same way they do everything else: automatically.

They certainly could; but as of right now, the rule specifies broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW clients.

It’s because Blizzard’s rules are vague at best, and dealing with cases ends up being down to each GM’s personal interpretation of the rules.

The current wording specifies software that automates the process. I would assume that having 5 computers all set up exactly the same with a single mouse and keyboard controlling the lot of them wouldn’t count as an automated process, since each ability would be registered as an actual mouse or keyboard press. There wouldn’t be any copying of a mouse click, it would be the exact same click on multiple computers.

Blizzard should probably go into full details about their intentions and what they do or do not allow, before we get another 16 years of a multibox loophole.

…Yeah, no. I’ve been in the exact same arguments as you Bodie; I’ve seen many insult your intelligence over our time on this board. And no, “clever” people don’t typically tell others of their intellectual superiority. From my experience; that’s the “1337 Haxxor” crowd.

No, nothing of what I have said is in violation of the current EULA.

"We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple"

Setting up the same mouse across multiple platforms isn’t the same as using broadcasting software. I’m sorry to rain on the parade of anti-multiboxers, but Blizzard’s stance isn’t completely anti-multiboxing.

They’re tackling the loophole that allowed people to use 3rd party software to automate their multiboxed characters. That is all.

Because that isn’t what the Blizzard post says, at all.

Likewise. Stick to your “authentic recreation” arguments.

Good. Perhaps then Blizzard might be more specific and close these loopholes quickly rather than give us another decade of “yeah that’s toeing the line but we’ll allow it”.

You should know this community by now, Mr. Clever; if there’s a way for people to bend the rules, somebody is going to do it.

That’s not true. The EULA itself doesn’t need any update. Blizzard’s statement on their policy change is all that was needed.

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

Multiboxing software has been a method expressly authorized by blizzard. It no longer is, and Blizzard could start banning people for it today. That could certainly be considered unfair for anyone getting banned today without any other warning, but “soon” is very vague, and in the case of blizzard announcements (such as hotfixes) it sometimes means within hours.

Note that the above part of the EULA does not specify that the method used has to be software based to be forbidden. Hardware such as KVM switches has as far as I know never been expressly allowed by blizzard. It would therefore not be unreasonable for blizzard to ban anyone trying to circumvent the expressed software policy by using hardware to perform the same operations.

Blizzard’s detection systems may have a harder time detecting hardware solutions, but that does not impact whether or not something is allowed or not. That said, people can try to use them at their own risk, but they won’t have a good case if they end up getting banned.

I’m not talking about software or programs. I’m talking about having one mouse connected to multiple computers.

As in you’re controlling multiple characters at the same time via the use of one mouse and keyboard, without replicating or copying your buttons.

No, the the original post here says it’s the software that they’re banning. I sincerely hope you’re right, but I can’t find a single mention from Blizzard about KVM Switches. Whilst this is the first time I’ve heard of KVM Switches, that is basically the same system that I had in mind.

The closest thing from Blizzard on the subject though; is the following (Recently updated as of 18 hours ago):

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.”

There’s quite a bit argument about this on the US board, it’s very interesting.

The original post here informs us that they are changing their policy on what used to be an expressed allowed method. The EULA already forbids anything that isn’t. Hardware methods could be covered by the cheats part of the EULA that I quoted, we don’t know. As long as blizzard doesn’t state that it is allowed, they can ban anyone that are if they want to.

That could be interpreted to mean that you are allowed to alt+tab between multiple clients. Unlike hardware used to broadcast input, it doesn’t require any additional method that isn’t available to anyone already playing a single account.

You gained unfair advantage by paying more and using an external software. You are a cheater and wont be missed.

1 Like

im still confused. I cant have any ahk,hkn like programs running in my system while playing wow now ? Even if they got nothing to do with wow ?

No. You can’t. You can however have it installed, but not running at the same time as wow.

About damn time ! Only took you 15 years to understand that keyclone apps were total cheats.
Bye bye 5x shaman nubs.

2 Likes

I hope whatever way you enjoy the game is made illegal for the sake of reducing bots without actually doing anything.

How do I gain an unfair advantage? I run my alts through dungeons because getting groups this late in the game is nearly impossible and a huge waste of time.

Multiboxing without the software makes it impossible to do dungeons any more and that’s exactly what I was using it for. It still takes me three times longer on my own, but I could go into a dungeon when I wanted to rather than wait hours for a group to form that could fall apart at the drop of “sorry I got to go”.

1 Like

Please dont make up stuff that is nowhere written down as you dont work for Blizzard.

Bis change

That’s nice of you. Good to know that you want questing, open world farming, dungeons and raids to no longer be allowed. Also, multiboxing software isn’t illegal, just against the rules. You won’t end up in court for just using multiboxing software.

Which part did I in your opinion make up?

Just like that chinese guy in stratholm, poor fellows.

very n i c e

1 Like

You have to remember Blizzard are not banning Multiboxing at all. Only people who don’t know what they are talking about say this.

Blizzard are banning software that sends your keypresses to every client. If you press a button in one Alt-tab to another and press a button, this is not banned.

I don’t know how to break it to you, software automation has always been banned. It’s called botting. Only rerouting keypresses using software is banned now.