PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Truly the beacon of enlightened tolerance in our age while the horde plots its next random race war.

At least it’s good ground for diplomatic missions.

2 Likes

I mean, the fact that they’ve got it programmed for Amirdrassil guards to show up and oneshot you kinda implies to me that they’re going to make it exclusive after a point in quest progression, we’re just not there yet.

7 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/947938160321634345/1179350100762439720/my_honest_reaction.png?ex=6579765f&is=6567015f&hm=57c8daa4cbc68e93b3c107460fcbf86ca8c4daa58d6114bcc18f3cc46966172c&

Yeah! I am not sure if I enjoy the concept of Dark Rangers being in the Alliance, but, it’s pretty nice of them to go ahead and show that some of them have indeed joined the night elves but not without friction, being in the same status as warlocks, death knights, demon hunters, and so on.

Thank you, Lintian!

And wow, I’m really glad for you guys! I hope you enjoy the roleplay zone. I’m personally crossing my fingers and hoping after seeing this that there’ll be an Undercity update as was teased by a weapon icon’s name for an Undercity guard spear, or at least a proper Lordaeron City remodel and fleshing out.

4 Likes

“The Undercity looks evil so it’s not coming back, but you’re getting a revamped Lordaeron City” ~ Blizzard, probably

1 Like

Wasn’t there a forsaken spear datamined a while ago(?), can probably see it coming around eventually. But i suppose they’d also have to repair all of Tirisfal. Might have to hold off until they renew them zones.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/status/1729665386742681777

probably a place to visit for questing, before you’re run out. Like Alliance in Tirisfal 9.2.5

I love this lil thing, that’s cute and I’m glad DKs were not forgotten about.

1 Like

There was, and the icon name is forsakenundercityguard.

2 Likes

If forsaken eat as well in terms of assets for a renewed city then i think there’s gunna be a lot of very content fans.

I’ll happily put my hands up and say the buildings, doodads and items are all looking great.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. The thing that’s encouraging me the most is that it can’t be a reference to something that was before and they’ve just decided to update this model and made a reference to it, as the only two guards in Undercity without counting the Kor’kron were:

A) Abominations that don’t have weapon models, and certainly not spears.

B) Dreadguards, whose color scheme is red and silvery, not purple and green; and have always used swords and shields, not spears.

1 Like

I just hope the Forsaken will start using the upper city properly too, instead of just the Undercity!

Maybe the updated Undercity comes with updated Gilneas?

The Putress Forsaken in me secretly hopes the Forsaken will use Lordaeron Ruins to settle and keep up appearance of being good while secretly the Undercity still exists and is now one big lab with all kinds of whacky stuff happening to all living captives.

2 Likes

One can hope. It’s incredibly lacklustre right now with npcs plopped down with no regard to function and no dedicated buildings. Brill has the same issue and the entire tirisfal zone is a mess of phasing patchwork.

Looking at what’s been done here with the night elves, it’s clear that they can do better given resources, time and basic will to see it through.

3 Likes

Night elf storylines post-BfA are practically one big monkey’s paw curl.

— We want the WC3 night elf savagery back.
— Sure! You get it to fight over a zone you’ll never actually retake in-game. But you totally have it back in lore. Trust us.
— We want to know what happened to the souls of the dead denizens of Teldrassil. We want some closure for them.
— Sure! They went straight to turbohell, and many perished there before you could save them. The ones you do save become anima fuel for a new World Tree nobody asked for. They’re now deader than dead!
— We want Malfurion to finally do something.
— Sure! He sacrifices himself so Ysera can return to the world of the living and do nothing in his stead, thus undoing Tyrande’s difficult choice back in Val’sharah. Then they switch places again.
— We want those responsible for the burning of Teldrassil punished.
— Sure! Sylvanas is saved by Elune from Tyrande’s wrath and then sentenced to doing Maw dailies. The rest of the army that burned Teldrassil gets away with a slap on the wrist.
— We want a new capital now that Teldrassil is gone.
— Sure! It’s on the Dragon Isles, away from your ancestral homeland. Also it’s neutral and open to Horde players because we’re all friends now!

11 Likes

This is way worse than her getting killed, lets be real.

If she dies, she trots off to Revendreth or Maldraxxus (probably the latter, given her willing atonement at the end) and lives her eternal afterlife vibing forevermore.

Instead she’s stuck doing Maw dailies.

Tell me which one YOU think is the worse punishment…

1 Like

I would unironically be fine with Sylvanas going to Revendreth. It would be a “ray of hope” ending. Sure, she committed many atrocities, but Revendreth is a place specifically designed to break people like her out of their hubris. There would be hope that eventually, even if it would take centuries, she would genuinely repent with full understanding and acknowledgement of what she did.

The ending we did get, in comparison, feels like a completely unearned Heel-Face Turn. “You can’t punish me, I’m good now, suckers!”

4 Likes

Is everyone having the Dream tabard rubbed on their faces whenever they get anything from the weekly quests?

Yup. I got two… Thanks, i guess?

Except there’s evidence of Horde players sometimes getting attacked by Amirdrassil sentinels in the beta. This could just be a bug, but it would be a pretty weird and coincidental bug. You can see it in the video in Acrona’s thread, for example.

We need to figure out if they get attacked only in a certain part of the zone, if they get attacked after completing a certain quest, or for some reason.

I think they’re all back as wisps bound to Amirdrassil now.

In any case, I think Amirdrassil being based on the Dragon Isles is a rather minor caveat, when you consider that the night elves and their fans have been given a beautiful, sprawling city that covers an area that dwarfs every other capital city, full of cutting edge assets, that seems to be completely divorced from any sort of content grind, which will likely make it a roleplayer’s paradise.

Please, Blizzard, ship the Forsaken to an island off the coast of the Azure Span if it means they get something even half as impressive as Amirdrassil, instead of this:

https://i.imgur.com/zhHnHSI.png
4 Likes