Put in RDF as it was originally please!

You can do the same thing without RDF, worst again because there is no vote
And with RDF you need full vote, so if all your team vote Yes for troll then RDF is not the problem, it’s the people.

What are you saying? The user you responded to said “You have to do it. RDF was a big part of the experience and fun in Wrath”. What is it you’re saying no to? RDF was a big part of Wrath, and it wasn’t “at the end”. I really have no idea of how some of these are made.

Would you agree that it was implemented in the last phase of Wotlk?

I’m not sure of the exact phase, but I know it wasn’t anywhere near the end. I realise after posting I think some are referring RDF to raid dungeon finder, not Random Dungeon Finder.

I have some news to you. We are getting patch 3.3.5 so most things like class balance are from last patch, so your reason is invalid.

The expansion is called Wrath of the Lich king and we killed the Lich King in ICC.

That’s the last phase. Granted it lasted 10 long boring months and we got a filler raid because it was so long but that was in fact the end of the expansion. The last phase of Wotlk.

It was the last major content patch. Could you agree on that atleast?

If that was when the raid aspect was out, sure. I don’t know when it specifically came out, but I know Random Dungeon Finder was earlier.

RDF wasn’t out during the prepatch and not Naxx and not Ulduar and not Trial of the Champion. It came with ICC in the last phase. The last phase lasted 10 months.

1 Like

Well, we kind of do. If we take a look at it’s original implementation; it basicallt completely ruined every expansion that followed WoTLK. Much like flying, it’s a feature where in the very design of the expansion has to be done WITH this feature in mind; which is incredibly limitting.

We have reference material from 15 years old when players and the game was played different, so no we have no factual prove of anything.

Which is nothing more than an assumption because it correlate with the downfall of wow, again nothing factual.

Give me an actual example, since again just empty words without anything to back it up.

1 Like

The best thing about Cataclysm was the difficulty of the entry level heroics. They were tuned perfectly, they had a reasonable challenge with very punishing mechanics.

The problem was that they were too difficult for random groups. If the group finder screwed you up and matched you with for example, 2 dk and a rogue DPS, you were limitted on CC.

Because of that, the Cata heroics were nerfed to the ground and “heroic” hasn’t been worth calling heroic since.

We also had the entire Cataclysm levelling rework; which was a complete waste of resources on Blizzard’s part because dungeon grinding through the RDF tool was just too efficient.
The new “LFG” tool will suffice. It’s perfectly fine for finding groups without spamming “lf tank, lf tank, lf tank”. We survived for the first phases of WoTLK without RDF and those were some of the most fun times I ever had in WoW.

1 Like

Oh yea sure… people need gear in dungeons for their dual spec does not affect social part of the game… but the rdf does…

Btw enjoy mega servers now because of no rdf… enjoy almost 1 side faction servers because of no rdf… and instanced wintergrasp…

1 Like

Although what you say may be very true, it seems to me that yes rdf isn’t perfect and can create problems, but you take cata as the example for why it all went down the drain and altough that may be true. Does that mean wotlk will have the same outcome using rdf? since dungeons aren’t that hard in wotlk and cc isn’t really needed.

But again how can you be sure that if rdf was at the start of wotlk you wouldn’t have had the same great time. Since you link rdf to all these other things that came later which led to them all together being much worse than it might have been at the start of wotlk.

Maybe if it was there at the start of wotlk it hould have been changed for the better throughout the expansion.

A decent argument, for anyone interested, a thread on the US forums.

if the lfg system is so good why aren’t pvpers forced to use it

Since design pillars are clearly only used as an argument for when it fits the team, so they can tell us to shut up.

lol, stay on your Classic ERA

So, try to modify (alias ruin) our game please.

Also :

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

RDF is not a RAID or a DUNGEON, it’s a mecanic/parameter like all i listed before.

You just want a CUSTOM WOTLK, you don’t like this game, go to Classic ERA and stop trying to ruin our game.

Please learn the game a bit before trying to ruin our experience or stay on your Classic ERA and don’t comment.

Stop ignoring ty

1 Like

In your opinion.

A lot of folks found them to be downright boring. They weren’t particularly hard, they were just long for the sake of it. Long doesn’t equate hard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.