PvP ranks have no "ranking" anymore? How is that acceptable? Can we get Atiesh just by farming Trashmobs?

Can we make this clear. Classic era is NOT vanilla.
Any quality of life changes and minor improvements to keep classic era community alive and playable are welcome.

And that’s pretty much Blizzards stance evident by their decisions. There is no “betrayal” like this guy makes out.

ah yes 15minutes a month. meanwhile in reality i farmed at the last 4 weeks for at least 20hours. (in 1.14) you are so out of touch man. but anyways everything which doesn’t require you to divorce your wife and quit your job are free epics according to the classic community :clown_face:

1 Like

the actual meaning of OG R14: he is unemployed

the actual meaning of every highend pvp title after classic: He is absolutly wild

It was clearly a system, at the time back in 04-05 quickly put together so that there was at least a ‘system’ in place. That’s why with TBC release day one it was gone.

When they first put it together they never envisioned there would be people still worrying about it 20 years later. Had they known that, they would have made a better system. They have proven that would be the case in the fact that they changed it in TBC and now…they have changed it in classic Era. With any kind of retrospect they have clearly shown they do not think the system should be part of the game.

I don’t know why the OP is so heavily invested. I can’t really make any suggestions as to why he is without sounding like an insult. To be this concerned with old school R14 can do him no good though.

You miss the point. I personaly dont care abour ranks myself. I never really cared abour R14 players for being R14. That for blind labelists who dont know how this game works. I do criticize new ranking system because:

1. It killed socializing part in game, i.e. where people had to either set brackets and coorperate or either break them and do it own way. I did not care who is who i.e. bracket breaker, honor mafia etc, J.I. Joe etc. However there are unique stories and personal experiences of many players thanks to old system including richier ‘‘social’’ aspect and involment in that system. Not only stories of people gaining gear with low effort semiafking in AV and eating or pissing along watching some randomn yt channel along being in AV.
  2. Patch changes caused AV be only played bg most of the time. Its aint really played, its something like queing it and then halfly AFKing. Now again many will call it my own opinion that old system was better because you still had to fight in wsg for your rank.
    Seems with new system they only fixed sand farming in Silithius. Tho everything else is dead and degraded to not play the game but semiafk on mount-run to boss in AV.
  3. Those comfortists claiming this is classic ERA and not vanilla go back to retail. It was promised that ERA will be like museum server of Vanilla, what means they were not supposed to change it to something different than Vanilla was. So far they made already changes that are just for milking comfortists whoa are gonna stay on era for 5 months till they get more confort in another easier game.
    This quality life argument is what? That you can buy gold from Blizzard employees and similar bot owners basicaly legaly is improvement of your quality of life? Like getting R14 without competition just to have it and call it quality of life? Wake up dudes and stop swipping your credit cards hard.
2 Likes

Can we make this clear, Classic SHOULD be vanilla as much as possible (in line with its original purpose when announced), and certainly for the important parts of the game that have an impact.

Quality of life changes should not happen, and … the Rank14 changes are definitely not “minor”.

2 Likes

This was before the latest change which was implemented today.

Now, you can get Rank 14 playing 1 week per year. And 0 (zero) hours per month the rest of the year.

Can we get a Naxxramas raid where I can damage the bosses just a few percent%, die, and when I come back I did not loose my progress and the boss health is not back to 100% ? :clown_face:

1 Like

testing 123

stop your bad faith man… ranking 14 that way just make you lobotomized, not a good or notorious player…

are you scared to play against players who can be effective? that mean you are not skilled. Epics vs Greens. you are unskilled

Lol he posting on an Alt account to make it seem like there’s more backlash.

https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1801

We wanted to come up with a framework that would help guide us. And first and foremost, really, is authenticity as our goal.
We want to create an experience that feels just like 2006 World the Warcraft.
[…]
We understand that that is a key part of the experience and anything that might threaten to undermine those dynamics is something that we need to be very suspect about and again use authenticity as our guide.
Even if it might seem minor at a glance those small changes could have large ripple effects that would change the way players related to the world and to each other.

https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1871

Finally we really had this one 1.12 data that we’ve been able to restore and we viewed that as it almost sacrosanct.
That’s everything from, you know, the world and the quest lines and the stories, to individual player abilities, creature health, tuning and so forth.
There’s some changes in code and in architecture in the way the client responds to the server and vice versa that if we let stand, using the modern structure, might have caused this data to produce a different result when it comes to things like game balance and we definitely worried that if we ever felt like the result was different in a way that compelled us to crack this open it would very much be like opening Pandora’s box.
Because the second we start to substitute our modern judgment to solve problems from 12 years ago, we are deviating from our goal of a historical recreation of the game as it was, and making something different… and that’s something we want to avoid.

source: Ion Hazzikostas’s entire segment from Blizzcon 2018 panel “Restoring History - Creating World of Warcraft: Classic” - https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1724

Rank 14 only on AQ40 raid phase, why you even care?

Nax takes 1hr in a speed run guild if youre good. You need 40hrs+ a week in a AV premade for multiple weeks on end to get rank 14, you could clear nax around 100 times in the game playtime it takes to hit rank 14. PVE is way easier as random dads can do it even and just raid log. Comparing the two and claming pve gearing is harder is laughable.

1 Like

Nope.
Let me paint you a different picture:
Someone who has several kids, who works remotely from home. That person is able to plays 15 or 30 minutes here and there all day long. And when they can’t, they can still be AFK in AV with game running in the background. Because they also need to work, to cook breakfast, and lunch for the kids, maybe leave in the morning to bring kids to school and go get the kids from school in the evening, cook dinner, play with the kids, wash them.

Once the kids are finally in the bed, around 11pm, if that “dad” even dares starting to play then the wife is going to get absolutely mad. He needs to spend some time with her, usually watching a movie. It’s midnight now, the day is over.
(on a side note, unrelated, if you know a guild who always starts Naxx raids at 11pm, can you give me their name please)

The weekend: go out of the flat, take the kids out, have some social life with the wife.
There can be some game here and there, maybe 30 minutes in the morning here… then something happens “Where are you? Can you come a second please” can you go afk 5 minutes in the middle of Naxx? Maybe yes, you can.
“Dad? Daaaaad!” oh look, you need to go afk another 5 minutes. Can you go afk a SECOND time for 5 minutes in Naxx? Of course you can. For the last time ever, your grey parses won’t get you invited back. And your lack of gold means GDKP is not an option for you (unless you argue in favour of purchasing gold, but I don’t think you will argue in favour of this)
Not to mention in 2 hours you went afk 7 times… one of which was afk 30 minutes. Whoopsy, he would have already been kicked out of the raid.

Then Monday comes back, and he spends the whole day AFK in AV getting honnor while working remotely, even making Zoom meetings with colleagues (the game is in the background, muted, he just needs to press a key every 4 minutes)

The person I described could neither get rank 14 nor get Atiesh before the changes.
Now, that person can get Rank 14.
Ok, so when can I get Atiesh just by pressing a key every 4 minutes with the game in the background while I work?

i stoped reading here. This is not the way to play a game… stop bad faith

ranking without decay/ weekly cap is needed, and there’s gonna be maybe less AFKers and players could PLAY the game

1 Like

What a ridiculous argument. If they AFK, they will get reported by premades who spot them and they will get banned with enough reports. Moreover, outside of a premade you’re looking at 100+ hours a week to meet the 418,000 honor cap needed for R14. Dad’s can’t do 100+ hours.

Most people’s partners can take care of the kids for an hour or two while they raid. Couples work together and share responsibilities. Clearly you haven’t pushed R14 with the new system and clearly you have no idea how relationships work either, since unrealistic hypothetical Dad you have proposed sounds like a soft little man slave.

1 Like

Do you mind not attempting ton contradict me on things… that I have not said.

I have not said everyone is like that.
I have not said every dad is like that.

I am saying some dads (some) are like that. This is just an example.
This is an example of someone who could neither get R14 nor Atiesh before the change, and who now can get R14. Someone for whom getting end-game PvP gear is easier than end-game PVE gear, after these changes.

Premades? In AV ?..what I described works in AV.
I know it. Because I did it (an another different BattleNet account). Nothing you can say will make me “not” know it, since I did it.

100+ hours?
Last week I played 2 hours AV I got 50k honor (52k to be precise).
Again, it happened to me. I’m not sure how you could try to make me think it did not happen. But let’s see.

The fact you don’t even know you can premade in AV demonstrates you have zero idea about anything to do with PVP. Go ahead, keep making up nonsense, no one agrees with you.

if you weren’t writing a book here on “how to not let people have rank 14 when i have naxx gear” you could maybe have this Atiesh and chips :rofl:

you waste your time and ours